• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Star Wars Weekends 2011?

#21 User is offline   Figaro 

• Studios God
  • Group: Members

Posted 03 February 2011 - 08:55 AM

View PostIHeartTheStudios, on 02 February 2011 - 11:12 PM, said:

That CM you spoke to was definately looking at last year's info.

No dates have been confirmed yet. But you can probably bank on the last 2 weekends in May, 1st two in August.

DEFINATELY NO GUESTS have been confirmed yet. So any rumors you are hearing? Take them with a grain of salt. Seriously, any rumors that are floating around out there have a lot more to do with wishful thinking than anything else.

I think you mean 1st 2 in June ;)

#22 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 03 February 2011 - 11:52 AM

View PostIHeartTheStudios, on 02 February 2011 - 11:12 PM, said:

That CM you spoke to was definately looking at last year's info.

No dates have been confirmed yet. But you can probably bank on the last 2 weekends in May, 1st two in August.

DEFINATELY NO GUESTS have been confirmed yet. So any rumors you are hearing? Take them with a grain of salt. Seriously, any rumors that are floating around out there have a lot more to do with wishful thinking than anything else.

Always a pleasure to hear from you again. Given Meg Crofton's announcement that Star Tours 2 would be open in time for SWW, I felt that sealed the deal on SWW dates being last 2 weekends in May and first 2 in June once more.

Yes, please ignore any rumors pertaining to George Lucas, Harrison Ford, Jesus or Hayden Christensen appearing during SWW.

#23 User is offline   ksomm814 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 03 February 2011 - 12:05 PM

From the Star Wars Message board:

Spoke to Ray Park at Wizard World New Orleans Comic Con last weekend and found out he will be in attendance at SWW this year. He has not confirmed yet which specific weekend he will attend.

#24 User is offline   ADP 

• ADP
  • Interests:Golf, Disney, Sports Junkie!

Posted 03 February 2011 - 12:10 PM

I sure hope they offer some sort of AP preview. Not that I could attend it, but I'd be disappointed with only a D23 event/preview without an AP preview.

#25 User is offline   sarahzy 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 03 February 2011 - 02:31 PM

View PostQuickGold, on 03 February 2011 - 11:52 AM, said:

Yes, please ignore any rumors pertaining to George Lucas, Harrison Ford, Jesus or Hayden Christensen appearing during SWW.

Was this the Harrison Ford rumor I started a few posts back? If so, I still believe in it. A dream is a wish my heart maaaaaaakes..... :heart_smiley:

#26 User is offline   ksomm814 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 04 February 2011 - 02:31 PM

SWW has officially been announced!
While Disney Imagineers continue to help create the newest Star Tours adventure at Disneyland and Walt Disney World Resorts, plenty of Jedi, Wookiees and droids (oh my!) are gearing up for Star Wars Weekends, the annual celebration of all-things-Star Wars at Walt Disney World Resort.
And today you can start making your plans to journey to a galaxy far, far away and step into the Star Wars saga, as we officially announce this year’s event dates for the first time. Star Wars Weekends 2011 will be held at Disney’s Hollywood Studios every Friday, Saturday and Sunday from May 20-June 12.

The event features one of the galaxy’s largest gatherings of Star Wars characters all around the theme park, offering photo and autograph opportunities (I mean, c’mon – where else can you ask the Dark Lord of the Sith, Darth Vader, for his autograph??? Just don’t ask him to smile for your photo). There are special Star Wars parades, trivia challenges, Jedi Training Academy, limited-edition merchandise and memorabilia, behind-the-scenes presentations, star conversations and more.
Star Wars celebrities make special appearances in talk shows and grand motorcades, and sign autographs throughout the weekend (here’s a tip: make sure you’re at the theme park first-thing in the morning to secure a spot in one of the celebrity autograph queues for that day).
We’ll announce a complete and more detailed Star Wars Weekends celebrity lineup soon, but we can tell you now about two fan-favorites returning for 2011.
• Anthony Daniels, known worldwide for his portrayal of everyone’s favorite protocol droid, C-3PO, will return this year for Weekend 1 (May 20-22) and Weekend 2 (May 27-29). Trivia fact: C-3PO (or “See-Threepio” as many fans remember) is one of the few characters to appear in all seven Star Wars feature films.
• Ashley Eckstein (pictured above), the voice of Ahsoka Tano, in “Star Wars: The Clone Wars,” will appear each weekend this year as Celebrity Host of a behind-the-scenes talk show entitled “Clone Wars: Behind the Force.” Ashley is no stranger to Disney’s Hollywood Studios. Ashley, who grew up in central Florida, had one of her first show-business roles as a parade performer at the theme park.
More plans to come, so keep your comlink set to the Disney Parks Blog!
Feel the Force at Star Wars Weekends 2011! by Thomas Smith: Originally posted on the Disney Parks Blog

#27 User is offline   yulilin 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Disney World, Harry Potter, Star Wars and my family

Posted 04 February 2011 - 03:03 PM

Finally!! just when I said I wouldn't get up before the crack of dawn and now Anthony Daniels is coming and we never got to meet him before because the kids weren't into the autographs until a couple of years ago. Is he picky with what he signs? will he sign our SW calendar where we have been collecting all the autographs??
Por favor mantenganse alejados de las puertas

#28 User is offline   The Dark Lord of the Sith 

• Resident Sith Lord
  • Interests:Hockey/Star Wars/Disney

Posted 05 February 2011 - 11:41 AM

My first thought was the same. I saw Daniels countless times at CV last year, but did not get an autograph. This is my chance to get one that I've been missing. I was glad for the Daniels info since the dates weren't really much of a suprise. Now to figure out how to make all of this happen. $$$$

BTW, yulilin, I love the Epic Mickey screen shot of Walt & Oswald your using.
The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be ...unnatural.

POFQ May 16-19

#29 User is offline   yulilin 

• Studios God

Posted 05 February 2011 - 01:19 PM

View PostThe Dark Lord of the Sith, on 05 February 2011 - 11:41 AM, said:

My first thought was the same. I saw Daniels countless times at CV last year, but did not get an autograph. This is my chance to get one that I've been missing. I was glad for the Daniels info since the dates weren't really much of a suprise. Now to figure out how to make all of this happen. $$$$

BTW, yulilin, I love the Epic Mickey screen shot of Walt & Oswald your using.

Thanks!! I got it with my cell phone taking a picture of the TV, Steph already finished the game and loved it, I have read many bad reviews about it but it didn't seem bad to me, nor did she complain about the controls during the game, but I am not a big "gamer", still loved all the details of the game, all the different lands and characters and got to see Oh What a Knight cartoon short from 1928 as extra content...it was pretty cool

#30 User is offline   darthstich 

• Dark Lord of the Stitch
  • Interests:Disney, Star Wars

Posted 07 February 2011 - 12:12 AM

View Postyulilin, on 04 February 2011 - 03:03 PM, said:

Finally!! just when I said I wouldn't get up before the crack of dawn and now Anthony Daniels is coming and we never got to meet him before because the kids weren't into the autographs until a couple of years ago. Is he picky with what he signs? will he sign our SW calendar where we have been collecting all the autographs??

From what I've heard, he is extremely picky, which is why they haven't invited him back for a while, but i guess since they've been pushing him to promote Star Tours 2 they gave him another chance. Last time he was, so I've heard, he refused to sign any C-3PO merchandise, or anything else that was not a picture of him.

#31 User is offline   yulilin 

• Studios God

Posted 14 February 2011 - 08:13 AM

View Postdarthstich, on 07 February 2011 - 12:12 AM, said:

From what I've heard, he is extremely picky, which is why they haven't invited him back for a while, but i guess since they've been pushing him to promote Star Tours 2 they gave him another chance. Last time he was, so I've heard, he refused to sign any C-3PO merchandise, or anything else that was not a picture of him.

Geez...not good news...hopefully he'll sign our stuff, will have to wait for reports back from people first.
Another thing that I just noticed is that DHS will not have any morning EMH during the weekends which is good news because that always created more confusion and didn't help the chances of people not staying at the resort to sign kids up for JTA. I think it's a move in the right direction, organization-wise.

#32 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 14 February 2011 - 11:40 AM

View Postyulilin, on 14 February 2011 - 08:13 AM, said:

Another thing that I just noticed is that DHS will not have any morning EMH during the weekends which is good news because that always created more confusion and didn't help the chances of people not staying at the resort to sign kids up for JTA. I think it's a move in the right direction, organization-wise.

Good eye to spot that Yulady. I can't remember a SWW without EMH morning but I agree it makes things simpler without it.

#33 User is offline   yulilin 

• Studios God

Posted 15 February 2011 - 09:08 AM

here is some new information, James Arnold Taylor the voice of Obi Wan Kenobi in the CLone Wars cartoon posted this on his FB page:
So to be clear Ashley will still be hosting all month long as well for the Behind the Force show. I will be the host of the whole event! Plus, Disney is allowing me to perform a half hour version of my one man show as a bonus to the celebration! It will be the world premiere of it and I'm very excited about that.
So I guess we now know who the 2 hosts will be.

#34 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 15 February 2011 - 11:46 AM

I'm intrigued by Taylor's one man show. This ought to be interesting.

#35 User is offline   yulilin 

• Studios God

Posted 15 February 2011 - 11:55 AM

View PostQuickGold, on 15 February 2011 - 11:46 AM, said:

I'm intrigued by Taylor's one man show. This ought to be interesting.

I'm thinking it will have little to do with Star Wars and more about his talent in voice over, when he was here last year he did a little of it during Behind the Force. Here's a clip of his show:

#36 User is offline   abcsoapfan1981 

• Studios Regular
  • Interests:Star Wars,Star Trek,Stargate ( all of them ) ABC Soap Operas....And Dsiney World of course!!!!!

Posted 15 February 2011 - 09:00 PM

Ive met Anthony in the past and he was very picky about what he signed, And some of the stuff that I had I have been collecting autographs on for years, and he insisted that he put my name on my eppie 2 poster,witch I was not happy about..but oh well...

Star Wars Weekends May/June 2013
Drew Brees Passing Academy,Wide World of Sports June 2013
DisneyLand and General Hospital Fanclub Weekend July 2013

#37 User is offline   IHeartTheStudios 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 18 February 2011 - 11:46 PM

View PostFigaro, on 03 February 2011 - 08:55 AM, said:

I think you mean 1st 2 in June ;)

Yes! June!

#38 User is offline   obilorne 

• Studios Regular

Posted 19 February 2011 - 01:59 PM

I know Daniels can get picky about signing. You cannot touch the table. You cannot take a photo of you, him AND what was signed in the same photo, or he and your signed item together.

#39 User is offline   obilorne 

• Studios Regular

Posted 19 February 2011 - 02:06 PM

If any of you guys can't make it to SWW and want something signed, there's a cool website that could help. superautographman.com .

I also found out that you can line up early, as in previous years. I heard that they may be doing away with the early morning/overnight lines...but it proved to be untrue. I talked to guest relations today.

I remember at Sw Celebration 4, I asked Daniels to sign my action figure in gold, since I had paid my 50 dollars, and he refused and proceeded to sign my figure in blue. Don't believe the hype, folks. Hes not a nice guy, no matter what otehr folks say. Dont go into his area with any expectations. He does what HE does...not what the guests want, unfortunately. I now have new respect for Peter Mayhew, who will sign anything.

I plan on being at SWW for all 4 weekends...really looking forward to it and meeting new early morning friends. lol

May the force...well...you know.

#40 User is offline   The Dark Lord of the Sith 

• Resident Sith Lord
  • Interests:Hockey/Star Wars/Disney

Posted 22 February 2011 - 03:47 PM

There is no question that Daniels is very opinionated on the subject of autographs. His concern usually stems around items that are autographed that could be sold for profit. Perhaps having an item personalized (ie: To John, May the Force be with you, ...Daniels) would make him more agreeable. I've been considering this problem myself because of his reputation and do understand part of his frustration. I just think if you plan carefully it will still work out.

Yes, Mayhew is GREAT, IMO. I've never had a bad experience. He is a gentle giant and a gentleman. Very kind.
The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be ...unnatural.

POFQ May 16-19

Share this topic:

• 12 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users