Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Sushi now available at Starring Rolls

#1 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 12 April 2010 - 11:00 AM

Sushi rolls are now for sale at Starring Rolls Bakery. Each roll is $8.99 and the varieties offered include....
  • California Roll
  • Full Moon Roll
  • Spicy Shrimp Roll
  • Vegetable Roll

Should be noted that the sushi looks EXACTLY like the sushi you can get at Publix (local grocery store), but I need to make a trip to Publix after work to verify.

I like the idea, but have to give a thumbs down for not having any fish sushi but that's just personal preference. Too bad they aren't making the sushi on location either as I imagine the quality of this sushi is nothing special.

#2 User is offline   Jeanine 

• Senior Studios Member
  • Group: Members

Posted 14 April 2010 - 12:24 AM

View PostQuickGold, on Apr 12 2010, 09:00 AM, said:

Sushi rolls are now for sale at Starring Rolls Bakery. Each roll is $8.99 and the varieties offered include....
  • California Roll
  • Full Moon Roll
  • Spicy Shrimp Roll
  • Vegetable Roll

Should be noted that the sushi looks EXACTLY like the sushi you can get at Publix (local grocery store), but I need to make a trip to Publix after work to verify.

I like the idea, but have to give a thumbs down for not having any fish sushi but that's just personal preference. Too bad they aren't making the sushi on location either as I imagine the quality of this sushi is nothing special.

The pictures of the boxes look very much like supermarket sushi. It wouldn't be so bad if the rice wasn't so mushy in most of those, and they didn't rely so heavily on fake crab.

#3 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 14 April 2010 - 10:45 AM

View PostJeanine, on Apr 14 2010, 01:24 AM, said:

The pictures of the boxes look very much like supermarket sushi. It wouldn't be so bad if the rice wasn't so mushy in most of those, and they didn't rely so heavily on fake crab.

Agreed, there is no fish to the sushi at all and personally, don't like non-fish sushi.

I stopped by Publix and took a photo of their sushi selection...

Posted Image

I'm fairly certain this is the same sushi from Publix and the markup is double the price that Publix sells it for.

#4 User is offline   sarahzy 

• Studios Veteran
  • Group: Members

Posted 16 April 2010 - 09:36 AM

Has anyone tried the sushi at Starring Rolls yet? If it's any sort of decent I'd consider stopping by. Agreed that it would be better if it was made on site though.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users