• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

A Tikifest Trip Report

#21 User is offline   Tikiman 

• Studios Newbie
  • Group: Members

Posted 07 August 2007 - 01:40 PM

I see, Len was your canary in the mineshaft huh? Well we are skipping next year because we already have plans for Maui but we are already looking at planning for 2009.

#22 User is offline   Jeanine 

• Senior Studios Member

Posted 07 August 2007 - 03:02 PM

Ironically, it may actually be cheaper to go to Maui than to stay at the facsimile of it. :wink:

#23 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 07 August 2007 - 03:19 PM

ADP said:

Hey Matt,

I thought I heard you say on Sunday's live show that you were heading to the World tomorrow (Wednesday).

Have a great trip! Let us know if you go drinking around the World Showcase! I want to know if you make it. :D
I am going tomorrow and will try my best to record my exploits :D

Tikiman said:

I see, Len was your canary in the mineshaft huh? Well we are skipping next year because we already have plans for Maui but we are already looking at planning for 2009.
2009? And Maui? Fiiiiine. I guess next year I'll just go to the Poly and have a drink in honor of Tikiman and Tikibabe (and Tikikid).

#24 User is offline   Tikiman 

• Studios Newbie

Posted 07 August 2007 - 03:37 PM

Jeanine said:

Ironically, it may actually be cheaper to go to Maui than to stay at the facsimile of it. :wink:

Well we had awesome group rates for the event. We had garden view concierge rooms cheaper than standard garden view rooms at rack rate, but you are right it would be cheaper for us especially when we own a place in Maui to stay at.

#25 User is offline   Tikiman 

• Studios Newbie

Posted 07 August 2007 - 03:39 PM

Tikiman said:

Jeanine said:

Well we had awesome group rates for the event. We had garden view concierge rooms cheaper than standard garden view rooms at rack rate, but you are right it would be cheaper for us especially when we own a place in Maui to stay at.

Well Len mentioned going to Maui instead. We could have Tikifest in Tikiland!!!

#26 User is offline   ADP 

• ADP
  • Interests:Golf, Disney, Sports Junkie!

Posted 07 August 2007 - 06:41 PM

Day 7 Tuesday, July 31st - Magic Kingdom, check out, & final thoughts

The alarm went off at 8:00AM on our last day. We strolled down to the lounge for some breakfast. I couldn't believe we were checking out today. The week went by so fast as most do at Walt Disney World. It seemed just yesterday that we checked into the Beach Club Villas.

After breakfast Anna and I decided to head to the Magic Kingdom While Kim was packing up and getting everything squared away with Bell Services. She had them hold our luggage until we were ready to leave.

Anna and I decided we would try Laugh Floor one more time, so we headed to Tomorrowland for one more Laugh Floor experience. While sitting in our seats waiting for the show to start up on the big screen pops a picture of me with text below that says "Buying churros for everyone". Of course the audience applauds and I get about 5 pats on the back from the people sitting behind me who say "When are you buying?" :D Yeah right, I think to myself, this is my last day at Walt Disney World. I don't have enough money to buy for everyone. :D

Once Kim met up with us at the Magic Kingdom we headed over to Big Thunder for one last ride. The MK was pretty busy so we decided to get fast passes. While we waited for our fast pass time to arrive I noticed the Splash Mountains stand by line was 30 minutes. Not bad! Anna and I decided to hop on while Kim waited for us. We rode Splash which never disappoints, and then headed over to Big Thunder with our fast passes in hand. Our last ride was a thrilling one!

We headed over to Adventureland and as we were walking past Pirates of the Carribean I noticed a few people standing around. I assumed they were waiting for Captain Jack's Pirate Tutorial. I asked what time it started and the CM nearby said in 1 minute. Perfect timing! I had never seen this show before. The show is very entertaining and funny. The Cast Member who plays Jack Sparrow is dead on. He looks just like the real Jack Sparrow in the movie. For those of you who have not seen this show I highley recommend it.

Well, it was getting close to "that time." Time to leave! Aloha Isle was just down the way so I told Kim and Anna we should stop for one last Dole Whip float. We enjoyed our floats and headed for the exit.

We took the boat launch back to the Polynesian dock. As we walked off the boat dock and passed the pool I saw Steve and Sean. I was glad we had one more opportunity to thank them and wish them well during the rest of their trip.

We made one more stop into the Hawaii building and headed for the Great Ceremonial House to pick up our luggage, car, and head to the airport. We dropped our car off at the Alamo car depot and headed for the luggage check-in. The Airtran check-in desk was a mad house. We decided to step outside to do a curbside check-in. The line was much shorter; however we discovered Airtan's check-in system was down. All I could think was how lucky we were to already have our boarding passes in hand. Fran at the Concierge desk had printed them for us before Anna and I headed to the Magic Kingdom. An Airtran employee came over to us and manually checked our bags in for our trip back to Indianapolis. Thank god for early, online check-in or we might still be at the Airtan terminal in Orlando.

We got to our gate and discovered that our plane was delayed about 45 minutes due to storms in the area. Our flight made it out at 6:00PM. While we were flying back I asked Kim; "how in the world are we going to top this trip." She agreed, but we decided we'd keep an open mind during our next trip. Who knows...The Magic is everywhere. We arrived back to Indianapolis at 8:00PM.

Looking back we had a fabulous time. I think what makes a trip to Walt Disney World so magical are those unexpected moments you never thought would happen. We had plenty of those moments on this trip. Who knew we'd get a VIP spot for Illuminations, who knew Tikifest would be so much fun, who knew the Laugh Floor would be so funny, Who knew I'd be playing 18 holes of golf, and most of all who knew we would meet such great people who share our Disney passion.

Next Trip To WDW - Oct 19th - 28th 2007 - Animal Kingdom Villas & Carribean Beach Resort. Food & Wine Festival, Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party.

#27 User is offline   Jeanine 

• Senior Studios Member

Posted 08 August 2007 - 12:36 AM

Tikiman said:

Tikiman said:

Jeanine said:

Party at Tikiman's house in Maui!

I love Maui. I remember doing the sunrise bicycle ride down Haleakala and all those hairpin turns with the traffic going both directions and thinking "oh, all the danger must be just illusionary...as at Disney."...and then finding out after that people die all the time falling off the side of the volcano.

#28 User is offline   Tikiman 

• Studios Newbie

Posted 08 August 2007 - 08:30 AM

Jeanine said:

Tikiman said:

Tikiman said:

Jeanine said:

Party at Tikiman's house in Maui!

I love Maui. I remember doing the sunrise bicycle ride down Haleakala and all those hairpin turns with the traffic going both directions and thinking "oh, all the danger must be just illusionary...as at Disney."...and then finding out after that people die all the time falling off the side of the volcano.

That is what happens if the tourist have too many fruity rum drinks and get on a bike.

See you in Maui in 2008!!!

#29 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 08 August 2007 - 11:24 AM

Tikiman said:

Tikiman said:

Jeanine said:

If only we can convince Bob that there needs to be an Unofficial Guide to Maui then I can ride that gravy train....

I'm going to Maui for my honeymoon but that's in October of next year.

Great trip report Aaron. I thought you wrote a great summary and the photos were great. :D

#30 User is offline   ADP 

• ADP

Posted 08 August 2007 - 01:38 PM

QuickGold said:

Tikiman said:

Tikiman said:

Jeanine said:

If only we can convince Bob that there needs to be an Unofficial Guide to Maui then I can ride that gravy train....

I'm going to Maui for my honeymoon but that's in October of next year.

Great trip report Aaron. I thought you wrote a great summary and the photos were great. :D

Thanks for letting me post this report on the site and reading along. Also congrats on the move to Orlando. That should be awesome!

Thanks to you Steve and your Ohana. You are right those room rates were fantastic.

Fruity drinks with umbrellas on me for everyone the next time we meet. :D

#31 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 08 August 2007 - 02:56 PM

Can't wait for those fruity drinks. If you're coming to Mousefest, then between you and Colin, I'll be enjoying a number of adult beverages that weekend :3d:

#32 User is offline   ADP 

• ADP

Posted 08 August 2007 - 06:24 PM

Probably won't be there for Mousefest Matt, but I will be there in October during the ToT 13k. I see from your countdown timer that you will be there as well. If we somehow hookup I'll get you that drink.

#33 User is offline   COH#1fan 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Disney, travel, comics, live performance

Posted 08 August 2007 - 07:31 PM

Brilliant Trip Report, sir. I applaud you. Enjoy Maui! :D
"In an age of fads, copycats, and rapidly changing trends, you have chosen to stand out from the rest and be an individual. We applaud your courage and self-expression. Thanks for being a part of our show today. Don't ever change. The world needs more people with your spirit." - The Citizens of Hollywood

#34 User is offline   ADP 

• ADP

Posted 09 August 2007 - 08:00 AM

Snuggie said:

Brilliant Trip Report, sir. I applaud you. Enjoy Maui! :)

Thanks for reading along. :study: Glad you enjoyed it!

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users