• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Star Wars Weekends 2011?

#221 User is offline   Jeanine 

• Senior Studios Member
  • Group: Members

Posted 28 May 2011 - 02:03 AM

View PostQuickGold, on 23 May 2011 - 10:48 AM, said:

After seeing Anthony Daniels at the Stars of the Saga show, I agree with others who say he is a jerk. He's self absorbed and just came off like a real jerk with his jokes that weren't funny and frankly mean spirited. When he has the attention to himself, he's okay but I hate to give him any attention than he really needs.

Really? That's surprising. I saw Stars of the Saga the first day and he seemed relatively normal. I thought his solo show was actually the best of the schedule that day.

#222 User is offline   yulilin 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Disney World, Harry Potter, Star Wars and my family

Posted 28 May 2011 - 08:11 AM

View PostJeanine, on 28 May 2011 - 02:03 AM, said:

Really? That's surprising. I saw Stars of the Saga the first day and he seemed relatively normal. I thought his solo show was actually the best of the schedule that day.

that's because he was talking about himself...no but really, I have from people who have met him during the autograph session that he is really nice and chatty. That's nice of him to take time to talk to people I just wish he would sign anything
Por favor mantenganse alejados de las puertas

#223 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 31 May 2011 - 11:06 AM

I think Glenn said it best. When it's just Anthony as the focus, he's nice enough. But when he has to compete with other SWW celebs, the jerk comes out.

#224 User is offline   one_jedi_4_u 

• Studios Newbie
  • Interests:Disney, Star Wars, COD: Zombies #DUH, BOBA FETT!!

Posted 01 June 2011 - 09:38 AM

Well guys, I am off to SWW tomorrow morning! I hope to see some of you there! We will be in Jeremy Bulloch's autoline by 6 am Friday morning. MTFBWY!! :D
"Here's to Mr. Iacocca and his failed experiment, the DeLorean!" Michael Scott "The Office"

#225 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 01 June 2011 - 10:35 AM

View Postone_jedi_4_u, on 01 June 2011 - 09:38 AM, said:

Well guys, I am off to SWW tomorrow morning! I hope to see some of you there! We will be in Jeremy Bulloch's autoline by 6 am Friday morning. MTFBWY!! :D

Have a fun trip!

#226 User is offline   The Dark Lord of the Sith 

• Resident Sith Lord
  • Interests:Hockey/Star Wars/Disney

Posted 04 June 2011 - 08:36 AM

Daniels was exactly what the worst case scenarios suggested he would be. Hi personal show was entertaining, but highly self absorbed. I'm sure he would suggest that the show was about him, so of course he acted that way but it was even more than that. He was irritated by anyone video taping or photographing the session. What, someone is going to buy that video?

The autograph issue was over the top for me. I did get a fast pass to meet with him and I let it expire once I learned I would just be getting his mug on a standard black & white pass out photo. Of all my experiences at SWW, his was the biggest dissapointment, not that I wasn't warned. It would have been nice though for Disney and Daniels to have worked out this issue prior so people would have known about it. He apparently didn't tell them what he wouldn't sign until that day. With his reputation, you would have thought that would have been settled long ago.
The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be ...unnatural.

POFQ May 16-19

#227 User is offline   Sleepless Knight 

• Studios Veteran
  • Interests:Star Wars, Disney, Pixar

Posted 14 June 2011 - 08:17 PM

View Postksomm814, on 17 May 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

The figures are available for ordering. They're $100 each. I ordered mine and she said I was the first to call. There's also some neat artwork on the link below. I'm debating on Mickey Won Kenobi

http://psc.disney.go...iginalart1.html
Disneyland had the Darth Goofy, Donald Maul, and Jedi Mickey X-Wing sculptures. Mickey was a no brainer especially because I hadn't started collecting Star Wars Mickey big figs yet when the original X-wing was released. I decided to get Donald and Goofy because the only reason I didn't get the original Donald Maul big fig was size, and since I like Goofy better than Donald, I had to get him as well since the sculpture was really cool. I think I'm glad I did't know about Minnie and Stromtrooper Donald until now so I didn't have to agonize over not completing the set.

#228 User is offline   dd_indy 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 16 June 2011 - 05:33 PM

Here's a note regarding the shows at the Premiere Theater. Forgive me if someone has already posted it.

On weekend 4, I wanted to be sure and see most of the shows at the theater. I got to the queue for the afternoon Stars of the Saga show a bit later than I wanted, and found that the Muppets queue was completely full and the line extended about two-thirds of the way up the block from the San Francisco backdrop. The CM working that area said that they hadn't had crowds that large yet, so they didn't know if we would even make it into the theater. (The capacity, I believe, is just over 1000.) As it turned out, there were plenty of seats available when I entered the theater. It was about 3/4 full. So in the future, if you see a very long line, don't worry, you'll probably make it in.

The show was great, with host James Arnold Taylor joined by Ray Park and Peter Mayhew. Peter was in a wheelchair due to knee surgery to repair damage cause by a fall in Detroit. When he was introduced, Chewbacca appeared with light wands (like at an airport) directing the person pushing Mayhew's wheelchair into position. It was a riot!

Later in the Q&A portion of the show, Chewie came by to ask a question. He then sat in the aisle just a few feet away from me, giving me the opportunity to take this awesome photo.

Posted Image
Share and enjoy!

Dennis

#229 User is offline   sarahzy 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 17 June 2011 - 07:20 AM

As always, great picture Dennis!!

Share this topic:

• 12 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic