Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

New water tank show being tested

#1 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 19 April 2010 - 11:00 AM

Heard some interesting news the other day. For the water tank portion of the Backlot Tour, there are days when guests aren't interested in volunteering to get wet (cold days, rainy days) and currently they do a stripped down show there where they demo a few of the effects and that's it. But currently Cast members are working on a new show for those types of days where guests would still be able to see all of the effects of the water tank show without any guests. If it gets approved, it would replace the current "quicky show" on days when they can't wrangle up some volunteers easily.

#2 User is offline   HDLady 

• Studios God
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Harleys, my pets and WDW!!!

Posted 22 April 2010 - 01:51 AM

I suppose an easy way to do the whole show sequence would be to use "crash test dummies" instead of guests. Wouldn't be a entertaining during the final cut but, then again, when it's really sunny you can barely see the monitors anyway....
Debbie
DVC Old Key West 9/27- 10/5/2013 for Food & Wine w/ friends from NJ
Board of Directors Member & Treasurer, The ConGaloosh Society, Inc., a 501(3)c not-for-profit

ConGaloosh 2013 - September 27 - 29, 2013
www.congaloosh.org

#3 User is offline   darthstich 

• Dark Lord of the Stitch
  • Interests:Disney, Star Wars

Posted 22 April 2010 - 10:12 AM

In the "Pre-Production" show, as some are calling it, they eliminate both the Michael Bay video at the beginning of the show, and the playback at the end, and are "testing" the effects to make sure they're ready for the actors.

#4 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 07 May 2010 - 09:02 PM

Evidently this new water tank show has been put into play for guests to experience.

#5 User is offline   darthstich 

Posted 07 May 2010 - 09:08 PM

Yes, as of late Technical Issues have prevented the use of volunteers, sometimes (like today) for the entire day. While the technical issues are being fixed, this show should be seen more and more, and you'll probably see a video floating around on youtube soon

SIDE NOTE: That's not to say that the Volunteer show is being fazed out. On the contrary, they are trying to make it as close as possible to that show for all guests, for when they can not have the volunteers

#6 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 08 May 2010 - 08:58 AM

Odd that technical issues would creep up so quickly after that long rehab Backlot had but I suspect during the rehab they didn't look at whatever is broken now

#7 User is offline   darthstich 

Posted 08 May 2010 - 09:21 AM

View PostQuickGold, on May 8 2010, 09:58 AM, said:

Odd that technical issues would creep up so quickly after that long rehab Backlot had but I suspect during the rehab they didn't look at whatever is broken now

Well Technical Issues don't always mean that something is broken, per se. It's just something that could prevent the use of volunteers.

#8 User is offline   smalld 

• Studios Veteran
  • Interests:Disney, Playing Online Games.

Posted 08 May 2010 - 10:57 PM

Very interesting, We were at Disney April 24- May 4th and we went on the Backlot Tour once. They must of been having some technical issues because they were not taking volunteers for the water tank portion of the tour. I really wish they would come up with a different show or change it up. Or add some more time on the tram like a new special effect part (on the tram) or something kinda like the tram tour at Walt Disney Studios Park in Paris. I don't know but the tram portion need something more.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users