Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Touring with Seniors

#1 User is offline   Casey 

• Studios Regular
  • Group: Members

Posted 19 December 2010 - 04:33 PM

Hello! Any suggestions for touring the studios with Seniors? (both mom and dad are 74, one just had knee replacement back in Sept). I'm working on my TP for the day and all I have so far is me running to get FP for TSM, while everyone else goes to Staring Roles for a breakfast item. Then meeting them and me/sis going on ToT....but I'm not sure what my parents should be doing during that time. Any ideas? VotLM? We do have ADR at 50's Prime Time at 12:10.... This is the one park that I'm really having a hard time planning! :) Thank you!

#2 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 19 December 2010 - 04:54 PM

Side note, why are you spending time going to Starring Rolls? Grab breakfast at your resort before you arrive so you can maximize your time in the park, especially that first hour.

As for touring with seniors, you probably should tour according to their needs. Meaning, if they need to take it easy, then go with it. Make the trip about them and try some different options. While they may not want to ride Tower of Terror or Rock n Roller Coaster, I bet they'd enjoy Great Movie Ride, One Man's Dream, TSMM and Backlot Tour.

#3 User is offline   Casey 

• Studios Regular

Posted 19 December 2010 - 08:22 PM

I figured staring roles would be something for my parents to do when I'm at TSM getting FP and going on ToT. They can grab a croissant or some fruit or something and window shop. Or, they could do go see Little Mermaid. It's that point after I'm not sure what to do. I guess the best thing for that day is not to have a plan :) (other than TSMM and ToT) I know that they'll enjoy some of the shows so I'll try to plan the American Idol stuff after lunch and then head back to our resort (BCR)for a nap.

Thanks!!!

#4 User is offline   HDLady 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Harleys, my pets and WDW!!!

Posted 19 December 2010 - 09:40 PM

Suggestions in addition to Matt's.... Beauty & the Beast Show is a good bet. Lights, Motors, Action is fun for everyone, I think. Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular is fun, too. You do need to check show times, though. Lights is only shown 2 or 3 times a day typically. Also CoH would be a good passive activity for them if they get tired or can't walk much....
Debbie
DVC Old Key West 9/27- 10/5/2013 for Food & Wine w/ friends from NJ
Board of Directors Member & Treasurer, The ConGaloosh Society, Inc., a 501(3)c not-for-profit

ConGaloosh 2013 - September 27 - 29, 2013
www.congaloosh.org

#5 User is offline   Casey 

• Studios Regular

Posted 19 December 2010 - 09:48 PM

Excellent! And Muppets! That's always fun, I want to see how it looks since the re-hab, too! I forgot about Lights Motor Action - I've never seen that before nor have I seen Indy. I know they'll have to humor me for a Writer's Stop so I can try the infamous carrot cake cookie. :)

Thank so much!

#6 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 20 December 2010 - 04:00 PM

View PostCasey, on 19 December 2010 - 08:22 PM, said:

I figured staring roles would be something for my parents to do when I'm at TSM getting FP and going on ToT. They can grab a croissant or some fruit or something and window shop. Or, they could do go see Little Mermaid. It's that point after I'm not sure what to do. I guess the best thing for that day is not to have a plan :) (other than TSMM and ToT) I know that they'll enjoy some of the shows so I'll try to plan the American Idol stuff after lunch and then head back to our resort (BCR)for a nap.

Thanks!!!

My only concern with Starring Rolls is that it's pretty busy when the park first opens. Also, first show of Mermaid might not be till 9:15 at earliest, sometimes first show isnt until 9:30 or 9:45. You might consider sending them on GMR, unless you want to ride with them. Eitherway, it will be walk on that early in the day.

#7 User is offline   Casey 

• Studios Regular

Posted 20 December 2010 - 04:47 PM

Now that's a great idea, Matt, thanks! They can meet me at TSM and then we'll all go ride GMR together and hang out over there, see one man's dream, little mermaid, etc. Problem solved and I know how to start my TP now for the studios! :)

What's the best place for a quick bite in that area? (muffin, coffee, etc)

Thanks again all. This is a relief. The Studios have been my hardest portion of the trip to plan for my parents probably because I don't know it too well myself and can't "visualize" where anything is (thank goodness for Studios Central and your maps!) It will also be the very first Disney World park they see!! :lol:

#8 User is offline   MJMcBride 

• Safari Mike
  • Interests:star wars, sci-fi, fantasy sports, superheroes, chasing my kids and chasing my wife

Posted 20 December 2010 - 09:35 PM

Its a lot of walking so I would gte wheelchairs. We took my grandmother when she was around 80 and was stubborn about it (she ordinarily didnt use one) but it helped a great deal. It made the experience much more enjoyable in the end
JAMBO EVERYONE!

Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

#9 User is offline   Casey 

• Studios Regular

Posted 21 December 2010 - 12:37 PM

I think we'll have to do that. I can't picture my mom in an ECV... she'll probably be too freaked out to ride one, thinking she'll hit someone, but who knows? hehe. if not, we'll push her around in one. I think she'll need one too. Heck, I think *I'll* need one. (kidding)

#10 User is offline   dd_indy 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 21 December 2010 - 08:54 PM

I recently visited the parks with my 76 year old mother, who had a heart attack a year ago. The ECV was indispensible. She'd never been on one before, but got used to it pretty quickly. We rented from scootorlando.com for $25/day.
Share and enjoy!

Dennis

#11 User is offline   Jeanine 

• Senior Studios Member

Posted 22 December 2010 - 04:30 PM

Lights, Motor, Action oddly enough, involves a considerable amount of walking. I'd have to assume there's an elevator around somewhere for people who can't climb stairs, but otherwise it's a pretty good hike--especially if you get seated in back.

#12 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 22 December 2010 - 04:35 PM

View PostJeanine, on 22 December 2010 - 04:30 PM, said:

Lights, Motor, Action oddly enough, involves a considerable amount of walking. I'd have to assume there's an elevator around somewhere for people who can't climb stairs, but otherwise it's a pretty good hike--especially if you get seated in back.

If the seats are an issue, ask a CM for handicap seating and explain your situation.

#13 User is offline   Casey 

• Studios Regular

Posted 23 December 2010 - 11:07 PM

Thanks for the info, dd_indy. We may have to do that.

Appreciate all the tips! 67 days left to go! Woo!

#14 User is offline   sarahzy 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 24 December 2010 - 08:18 AM

There is an elevator in LMA, but it's like a clown car when that show empties out. That was one of our most challenging attractions with the ECV just due to waiting forever for the elevator.

#15 User is offline   Casey 

• Studios Regular

Posted 16 January 2011 - 10:47 AM

I finished my touring plan last night, thanks again for all the help. Don't think we'll make LMA (it's listed as optional now) but we have a pretty full day ahead. The bummer is I had to remove Fantasmic off the trip so no Fantasmic this time around.

I really appreciated all your help!

#16 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 16 January 2011 - 11:31 AM

Glad to hear it worked out!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users