• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Super Soap Weekend Day 2: MORE HORROR!

#1 User is offline   bartman454 

• Studios Veteran
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:fun

Posted 20 July 2005 - 01:07 PM

Well the anti depressants have finally kicked in and I can finally tell you all about my 2nd day of working the Super Soap Weekends.

The day began at about 5:30 am (ugh!) meeting up at the muppetvision theater, on this day I wasnt going to be working at Sounds Dangerous but instead I was to be stuck working the autograph area around echo lake. While in some aspects this wasnt as bad as working the Press interviews at Sounds Dangerous, it was still pretty rough. The day really began at 8am with a couple of equity actors on a pedestal at the end of the street really just playing a fancy version of crowd control telling people not to run ( Most of the people ignored this request.) I was forced to be part of a chain of people in order to keep the mob back from running to get their fastpasses for the celebs. These people were nuts, stomping on one anothers feet, moaning about how the new fastpass system keeps them from getting all the autographs they want. It was annoying to say the least.

While usually when I am stuck outside its a problem, it was actually a blessing when the storm clouds came out and thinned out some of the crowds. It went that way for awhile until about noon when they moved me over to millionairre to work crowd control for the special soap shows. This caused even more problems as I had to force people from trying to sneak backstage and get autographs from the celebs. While their are a couple of people who fall into this group at the star wars events they are few and far between. The soap folks are all over the place and armed with ECV'S, so many ECV's! In retrospect I would say that the 2nd day was technically better than the 1st, but thats like saying watching Duece Bigalow wasnt as bad as watching The Animal. Thats all I have to say about the Soap weekend, any other thoughts about it are just too risque for this board. In my next series get set to take a look at the often ignored yet extremely popular adventurers club, and my own personal experiences from their, until then have a nice week

Tom

#2 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 20 July 2005 - 03:05 PM

I always enjoy your "insider" look into these special events. Thanks for posting Tom.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users