Studios Central: Move It! Shake It! Celebrate It! Street Party - Studios Central

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Move It! Shake It! Celebrate It! Street Party

#1 User is offline   IndyandMarion 

• Studios God
  • Group: Members

Posted 16 February 2009 - 10:54 PM

Just short of the best damn thing Disney has put on in a while. It's very rare that I actually seek out a manager observing a show to tell them how great the cast is doing. The parade itself is sorta like the family fun day parade they had, but much much better.

The interactions they have during the stop in the hub is much like, if not better, than the Remember the Magic parade. Right when the EmCe said "Everyone, get out in the street!" nearly every single person in the hub area was in the street dancing with the characters. It was very energetic. Sure, it doesn't exactly fit the theme of Main Street, but this party really doesn't have a good fit anywhere. Fitting it in is much like Block Party Bash: They both belong in the Downtown Disney area.

I have plenty of footage I'm editing together and will have up online tomorrow (I've been at the parks since 8am, I need to rest)

UPDATE: My THREE part video will be up in a bit. It covers the entrance (Very crudely cut but it was the first time seeing the parade so I didn't know what to excpect), part of the walk down Main Street, the intro at the Hub and then the party and exit itself.
Professionals admit to the problem. Alcoholics claim they have no problem.

Field Agent Indy reporting for the next World Showcase Mission

#2 User is offline   yulilin 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Disney World, Harry Potter, Star Wars and my family

Posted 17 February 2009 - 08:27 AM

Agree 100% with you, it makes up for the new 3pm parade, I heard there are talks of changing the Celebrate Dreams Come True parade because of all the complaints they've received. I like the energy, the music, the performers, you can go to one float and the next around the hub. I understand some people saying that it doesn't belong in front of the castle, but these are the signs of the times, kids are not happy just sitting down and seeing float, after float go by, they want a hands on experience and I think this one hit the mark.

#3 User is offline   IndyandMarion 

• Studios God

Posted 17 February 2009 - 12:27 PM

Here are the videos:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=ZGBAcjbr840

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=0c1V9FoBZx4

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=VExOrm0KndQ

#4 User is offline   HDLady 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Harleys, my pets and WDW!!!

Posted 18 February 2009 - 08:52 PM

I really like this "parade" (or whatever they call it)!!!! Upbeat without being overdone, good music... You know it's a winner when people actually join in before being cajolled by CMs!!!

Indy- Where would you say is the best place to stand to catch most of the action? I'm gonna have to check it out ...soon!
Debbie
DVC Old Key West 9/27- 10/5/2013 for Food & Wine w/ friends from NJ
Board of Directors Member & Treasurer, The ConGaloosh Society, Inc., a 501(3)c not-for-profit

ConGaloosh 2013 - September 27 - 29, 2013
www.congaloosh.org

#5 User is offline   IndyandMarion 

• Studios God

Posted 18 February 2009 - 08:54 PM

Just go to the Hub. Stand there and wait. The lead float will stop (After circling the Hub once) in front of the castle. After that you're clear to move to which ever float you want as much as you want.

#6 User is offline   squishybear 

• Studios Veteran
  • Interests:Disney!!!

Posted 07 April 2009 - 05:41 AM

So, if I get this right, this is an extra parade on top of Once upon a dream?

I kinda like it, but the music doesn't feel 'full' enough. Its kinda sounds like a cheap karaoke CD. The other Disney parades sound a lot more like real soundtracks. They also use a Hannah Montana song, but then don't use her real version. Why? They own the copyrights to the song anyway, so just play the original if you're gonna play hannah montana.

As an extra parade, I think its good. But the fact that this is in Main street kinda throws me off. I like the classic calm Disney in Mainstreet and more party like things in DHS or AK

#7 User is offline   HDLady 

• Studios God

Posted 07 April 2009 - 07:16 AM

Well, Squishy, it's half parade and half stationary show. The floats come down Main Street from the area of the firehouse and then circle the hub so it only minimally disrupts Main Street. They then circle the hub, stop, do the entire "show" and then go back down Main Street. In person, the music is very good and it's very energartic and upbeat. I love it! It's much, MUCH better than the current parade.
Debbie
Board of Directors Member & Treasurer, The ConGaloosh Society, Inc., a 501(3)c not-for-profit

www.congaloosh.org

#8 User is offline   queenofthehouse 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Disney, Disney and more Disney

Posted 07 April 2009 - 10:26 PM

Thanks for the video of the parade. I watched all of part 1, but was wondering when that guy was going to stop shouting. Part 2, he was still shouting, so I didn't bother with part 3. I found his shouting annoying. Maybe if I was there, in the middle of the excitment, it would be different. But I don't like the look of this parade.
Maureen
(Lowell's Mom)
Mad, Mad, Mad about Disney!

May 21-28, 2013
Wilderness Lodge

#9 User is offline   Jeanine 

• Senior Studios Member

Posted 09 April 2009 - 12:01 AM

I continue to not be a fan of these stationary "parades." If I wanted to see untrained/unskilled people perform, I could just watch American...oh...

#10 User is offline   Eric 

• Senior Studios Member

Posted 09 April 2009 - 09:48 AM

I think the biggest mistake people make with this and BPB is expecting it to be and/or comparing it to a parade. If you judge them for what they are (mobile "party" zones) I think they are fine.
Eric
www.MouseGuest.com

"Universal is like Wal-Mart with roller coasters."
- Buzz Ardman to Paige Turner, 11/1/08

#11 User is offline   HDLady 

• Studios God

Posted 09 April 2009 - 01:22 PM

Eric said:

I think the biggest mistake people make with this and BPB is expecting it to be and/or comparing it to a parade. If you judge them for what they are (mobile "party" zones) I think they are fine.

Eric-
I really like your term:"mobile party zone"! It fits them perfectly.
Debbie

www.congaloosh.org

#12 User is offline   squishybear 

• Studios Veteran
  • Interests:Disney!!!

Posted 13 April 2009 - 08:21 AM

I guess its something i will just have to experience in-person.
I liked the stationary floats in the Disneyland Parade, but that wasn't really a party. More like a little skit every now and then.

I'm sure I'll like it better when I see it in person.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users