Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Does anyone like Animal Kingdom?

#1 User is offline   TheTowerOfTerrorRules 

• Studios God
  • Group: Members

Posted 23 August 2003 - 10:00 AM

I was just wondering cause a lot of people said they thought it was an overpriced zoo. I think its awesome. My favorite ride is Dinosaur and Primevil Whirl. The rides are really fun i think. What do yall think?

#2 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 23 August 2003 - 12:14 PM

Ugh, I vote for overpriced zoo :notamused:

#3 User is offline   David 

• Studios God

Posted 23 August 2003 - 01:14 PM

I've never even gone. I've always thought it was a overpriced zoo as well. I would like to ride Dinosaur, but thats it.

#4 User is offline   lilchippewa 

• Studios God

Posted 23 August 2003 - 01:29 PM

I think the premise of Animal Kingdom is fantastic. However, Disney jumped the gun on the opening of Animal Kingdom and opened a park that was no where near what it was supposed to be, completion wise, on Opening Day. So many people got the wrong impression when they first went there because it was a half day park from the very beginning and that very belief will continue to effect people's mentality towards the park. Asia really should have been completed on Opening Day to give people more to do and to give people more to talk about with other Disney vacationeers. The word of mouth spread about Animal Kingdom that there was little to do there and thus for the first few years of the park, after 4 pm the park would empty out like the last one to leave would get stuck with the check. Animal Kingdom is a great premise for a park, but is already jaded in a lot of people minds because it opened as a half day park and that's all people may think about it today. First impressions are everything and it is fair to say that Animal Kingdom made a poor impression on a fairly large amount of people.
-Josh

#5 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 23 August 2003 - 04:22 PM

lilchippewa said:

and thus for the first few years of the park, after 4 pm the park would empty out like the last one to leave would get stuck with the check.

Well put Josh. I'm the first one to bad mouth the park, but I know I felt the exact same way about MGM when it first opened. Hopefully after Everest is completed, they can add another E-ticket attraction or something and I think it will be worth admission.

#6 User is offline   wishingtree 

• Senior Studios Member
  • Interests:Disney, music and sports(especially hockey)

Posted 23 August 2003 - 08:20 PM

lilchippewa said:

Disney jumped the gun on the opening of Animal Kingdom and opened a park that was no where near what it was supposed to be, completion wise, on Opening Day.

You hit the nail on the head. Disney cut the budget of the park, which was supposed to include Beastly Kingdom. That area was supposed to have an E-ticket coaster. But it will have taken 7 years to get that coaster by the time Everest opens.

That also threw off the balance of education and entertainment. Most people going to WDW or Orlando in general, want rides. EPCOT has finally hit the mark with educational attractions. Test Track, The Land, Mission:Space and others are examples of how this should be done.

Animal Kingdom is a great park. The safari ride is awesome. Dinosaur is pretty good. Tough to be a Bug is awesome. Kali River Rapids is just a ripoff of every rapids ride in every amusement park. I won't even comment on Dinorama :oops: The theming and atmosphere of the park in general is amazing. The detail of the buildings in Africa and Asia are incredible. And the exploration trails show the animals in a natural habitat, hiding fences and other barriers.

AK is only a half day park if you run from one E-ticket attraction to another. It is a slower pace park that the others. I'm sure a lot of people miss Festival of the Lion King because there are no rides in Camp Minnie-Mickey. It is one of the best shows at WDW. This park will come around eventually, if the money starts flowing where it should have from the beginning!!!!
Jim

"Tact is for people who aren't witty enough to be sarcastic!!!"

#7 User is offline   disneyprincess 

• Studios God

Posted 23 August 2003 - 11:26 PM

I really like Animal Kingdom :thumleft: There are several things to do there, that don't have to be fast rides and coasters. I could just walk around all day looking at the theming of the park.

#8 User is offline   TrendyMagic 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Disney. Should there be anything else?

Posted 23 August 2003 - 11:32 PM

I really do enjoy AK more now than when it first opened. For those that remember, MGM wasn't but a couple of attractions when it first opened. They did have trouble with AK and are working on correcting things. Some errors they will sadly never recover from. It is a half day park but it is very nice just to walk around. I enjoyed all the hidden trails. Festival of the Lion King is great. Morning is the best time to stop in this park.

#9 User is offline   disneyprincess 

• Studios God

Posted 23 August 2003 - 11:36 PM

trendymagic said:

For those that remember, MGM wasn't but a couple of attractions when it first opened.

Exactly!

#10 User is offline   TrendyMagic 

• Studios God

Posted 23 August 2003 - 11:47 PM

welcome to 400 Jillian.... closing in on Matt!

#11 User is offline   disneyprincess 

• Studios God

Posted 24 August 2003 - 12:01 AM

trendymagic said:

welcome to 400 Jillian.... closing in on Matt!

Thanks! :thumleft:

#12 User is offline   TheTowerOfTerrorRules 

• Studios God

Posted 24 August 2003 - 09:09 AM

I love the atmosphere of the park its really great and i love gpoing to dino rama., i think its mainly for younger kids but my parents loved it!

#13 User is offline   TrendyMagic 

• Studios God

Posted 24 August 2003 - 10:00 AM

TheTowerOfTerrorRules said:

I love the atmosphere of the park its really great and i love gpoing to dino rama., i think its mainly for younger kids but my parents loved it!

I did enjoy Dinorama within the hour the park opens. after that too many screaming kids.

#14 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 24 August 2003 - 10:59 AM

Congrats on 400 Jillian!

#15 User is offline   DisneyFreak1228 

• Studios God

Posted 24 August 2003 - 05:18 PM

AK really is a great park...before 12pm. After that, it's just way too unbearably hot (and I've lived here my whole life!) and the aminals (lol) aren't out. KS is a great ride, as is KRR and ITTBAB and of course FotLK. DINOSAUR however...let's just put it this way: If they had torn that down to make way for something like Everest, rather than whine that it's gone, I'd be the first in line screaming and jumping up and down for them to let me on it. IMHO, I think DINOSAUR SUCKS. But that's just me, folks. :mrgreen:
*Leslie Ivette*

#16 User is offline   Tinkerbell2004 

• Studios God
  • Group: Moderators
  • Interests:DISNEY

Posted 24 August 2003 - 08:13 PM

I love it i can;t wait till next time i go and i get to explore the park more then the past few times i have been there!

~~~riss

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users