Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

9/14 (NO Haunted Mansion spoilers)

#1 User is offline   Blixzit 

• Studios God
  • Group: Members

Posted 15 September 2007 - 04:05 PM

I arrived at Magic Kingdom at around 8:30am. I was expecting the rope the be infront of Main St. but it wasn't. Instead, there were several ropes infront of the pathways for each land. So I waited at the entrance to Liberty Square for about 20 minutes. Then, right before rope drop, it was announced that The Haunted Mansion wasn't operating yet due to technical diffuculties. They suggested to go see other attractions first and come back because they weren't sure when it would open or even if it would open that day at all. Well I got there that early just so I could take advantage of the AP holder thing, thats one of the main reasons why I got my AP when I did, so needless to say, I waited outside The Haunted Mansion. I already rode it twice on the 13th when it re-opened. But I love the new stuff and I really wanted to do that first in the day. After another 20 - 25 minutes, a cast member called for all the AP holders to follow him and for the other folks to form in the regular line.
Posted Image

So the way the AP holder line worked was exactly like a fast pass line. Both lines merged right before the tomb stones. I was the 3rd person to ride. Afterwards I rode two more times, then went over to Fantasyland. I went on the Tea Cups and was thinking about how they should add rubber gripping on the spinning wheels. When I was trying to spin my cup, my hands kept slipping and I could have turned it so much more if only I had a better grip. After that I went on Space Mountain then the TTA. I went on Buzz next, with a score of only 33,200 this time, then the Laugh Floor. The only new things I noticed was new "sets" and backgrounds. After that I started to leave but watched The Dapper Dans perform, where I heard this little jewel... "She was just the farmer's daughter, but all the horsemen new her." "That stinks!"

Next I headed over to Epcot, where I got a fast pass for Soarin' once again. Then I went on Image twice, took a little nap each time, then went to The Seas. I went and got a hot fudge sundae at the new Edey's Ice Cream place which was pretty decent for $4. Right after I ate I went on Mission: SPACE, just because I never get sick, then I did Test Track. I still had over an hour before Soarin' so I went on Image 2 more times, napping again. Then I did Soarin' and headed to The Studios.

Once I got there, I did Tower 6 times in a row, then went and watched Indy. Next I went over to Star Tours, taking a couple pics of the stage construction:
Posted Image
Posted Image

Then I took a couple pics inside the queue, one of which I am making my new avatar...
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

I did Star Tours, where there was a very cool in-character, and pretty cute, cast member named Amber. Then I watched Muppets. I was going to do GMR, but it was a 25 minute wait so I went over to Magic of Disney Animation. Right before I went back outside I found two fast passes for Little Mermaid that where active right then so I grabbed them and gave them to a father and daughter waiting in the back of the line. I took some pics of the Sorcerer's Hat:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
http://upload3.postimage.org/95824/021.jpg

Then I went back to Tower, with clouds rolling in I took this pic because it looked pretty creepy:
http://upload3.postimage.org/95847/024.jpg

I rode it two more times. When I got out the second time, it started raining. I got to the bus to go back to TTC and it was pouring. I waited at TTC for Lynx 56 for 30 minutes, soaked to the bone with tons of lightning. One strike of lightning caused a partial blackout at TTC. I got home safely around 9:15pm.

#2 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 15 September 2007 - 04:31 PM

Great trip report Jake :thumleft: How were the wait times at the Studios? And what time? Sounds like it was kind of walk on for a lot (or short wait) considering how much you were able to do. And good luck with Amber :lol:

#3 User is offline   Blixzit 

• Studios God

Posted 15 September 2007 - 04:36 PM

I got to the studios just after 4pm. Tower had no wait the first 6 times. I got to Indy about 10 minuets before the 5:15 showing and the theater was about half full when the show started. Star Tours had about a 5 min wait, and that was just in the Sector 2 area before the pre-show area. I got into Muppets right near the end of the pre-show so I didn't really have to wait for that. There was about a 5 min wait for Magic of Disney, but that was just to get enough ppl for the theater. The last to rides for Tower where the longest I had to wait out of all the entire day. Each was about 20 to 25 minutes, but I didn't mind cause I was checking out the queue with the lights on as the sun had set, it was even creepier with the misters.

And Amber is a cutie, but I'm such a loser/geek when it comes to girls. Thats why I'm always going to the parks by my self, I don't know anyone, and I lack the social skills to meet anyone.

#4 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 15 September 2007 - 04:37 PM

Sounds like summer crowds are gone. Thanks jake

#5 User is offline   Blixzit 

• Studios God

Posted 15 September 2007 - 04:39 PM

No problem :thumleft:

#6 User is offline   PixieDust 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Disney, music, reading, fun stuff. ;-)

Posted 15 September 2007 - 07:45 PM

Haunted Mansion is AMAZING!!!!

Great report!
Jeanne
Engaged July 17th, 2008 @ Sunset Point
3/3/09 - Sunset Point Wedding
AIM: PixieSBPassion

MySpace

Glenn is my hero!!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic