Studios Central: First Time at SWW - Studios Central

Jump to content

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

First Time at SWW

#1 User is offline   emilyrose0507 

  • Studios Newbie
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 48
  • Joined: 17-November 08
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Brooklyn, Ct
  • Interests:SCA... and Disney, odd mix I know ..

Posted 24 May 2011 - 09:21 PM

My husband and I just got back from SWW and we had a great time... We were in Disney form 5/20-5/23. This time we had a short trip just us. We stayed at Pop Room 2142 in The 50's building over looking the lake...After having a rough night in Hartford the night before we left I think I got an hour or so of sleep... We left CT and headed down to the sun.. Getting the luggage and the rental car was the easiest it has been in a long time... And headed to Pop Century, the room was ready and we needed shorts... We did not go to DSH the first day we got there.. I know I know.. We went right to MK for Space Mountain... After spending a few hours at MK the fact that neither one of us had alot of sleep and the heat we headed back to Pop. Had some dinner I had the shrimp lo main and my husband had pizza both were not that bad... But by 9:00 we were both out cold.....
We were out the door and had breakfast on Saturday by seven.. If we were able to get autographs then we were happy if not then no big deal.. We were able to get in the stand by for Anthony Daniels.. and by 7:30 we were waiting for the park to open.. When it did open we went right to Star tours.... It was good I think that might have been the last time that I ride it,... My husband loved it... But I can not handle those rides.. Give me a roller coaster any time.. But then it was TSMM twice with no wait and then rocking roller coaster and the some shopping...Found alot of great stuff.. the off to tower of terror before we had to go wait in line to see if we could get Anthony Daniels autograph. We were number 7 and 8 in the stand by line so the odds were good for us.. About five minutes before he was to start signing Anthony Daniels came around the front to the crowed and wanted to know what we were all doing there. He got right into the crowed and talked to a few people.. Very Very cool .. And in no time my husband and I were able to meet him. I was getting an autograph for a friend of ours who could not make it. He was nice enough to give me one for him and one for me... After that we headed over to a meet. But me wearing a black shirt all day long and not having alot of sleep was not feeling to good... I had on a shirt Attached Image: IMGP0284-sml.JPG It was great but hot... Going from rain and 30's in CT to sunny and 95 was a shock to my system... So we went back to the room for a nap and shower since we had later ADR's at Teppan Edo.
Oh my God was the food good. We have never eaten there before and I have fallen in love with it... Already made ADR's for October..
On Sunday it was my birthday so we slept in... To 7:30... hahah I know that is not really sleeping in but we were at Disney.. And back over to Epcot for the day. With a great Dinner at Rose and Crown... Then over to DHS to see the dance off... Loved it but was told it was at 8:15 buy at least six or more staff glad we got there early. We had to go find my husband a shirt that he wanted and went to grab the Daddy little girl shirt for our four year old. Attached Image: IMGP0285-sml.JPG And Ashley Ecksteinwas there to sign the tag for us.. Very cool our Little one loves it.. One thing to say about the Dance off it has great loved it but the fact that we were in the middle of the crowed not that far from the stage a great place to see it right... WRONG. as soon as it started ever one in front of us lifted there child on there shoulders and we could not see a thing. The only way I got to see most of it was moving back in forth between people or to watch it later in the room since my husband was taping it.. In fact the lady behind us was so short that she was watching it through the screen on our camcorder. So parents please stand on the side or in the back so others can see.. That happened when were were trying to see the parade that afternoon too. And I am 5'8 and still could not see over most of the crowed.. After a great show we walked around a little and went on a few more rides then back to the room.
We were heading out on Monday so back to the MK for us for one more trip on Mountains But splash was down for some time. So after lunch we had about hour or so to kill so we got ice cream on main street and headed for the monorails... One thing that I love to do is just to ride on them I know it sounds odd. But we sat and eat our ice cream in AC and talked to alot of nice people. Took all three lines and then headed for the Airport... On Sunday when we were leaving Epcot we noticed something on the windshield of the car. It was a note from the custodial staff at Eepcot they had washed our windshield... How many parks would do that? All in all we had a great time and can not wait for October. Attached Image: IMGP0288-sml.JPG

#2 User is offline   QuickGold 

  • Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin
  • Posts: 22,079
  • Joined: 15-July 02
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Saint Cloud, Florida

Posted 25 May 2011 - 10:52 AM

Thanks for posting your report!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users