• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Star Wars Weekends 2013

#1 User is offline   darthstich 

• Dark Lord of the Stitch
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Disney, Star Wars

Posted 26 November 2012 - 11:55 PM

We are roughly about 6 months away from when Star Wars Weekends should begin so let the wild speculation begin! What does this year's event hold being the first year that Disney officially owns the rights to all of these character? It's Return of the Jedi's 30th Anniversary so there will likely be merchandise similar to 2007's and 2010's A New Hope and Empire Strikes Back Merchandise. Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith will also be re-released in 3D next year so those could play a factor into the theme. Will we see more of the future of Clone Wars, perhaps a glimpse at the in development Star Wars: Detours comedy series, the rumored series to be released on Disney XD, or maybe even a first look at Episode VII?

Will the Raiders of the Lost Jedi Temple of Doom make a long asked for SWW appearance? What kind of music will Darth Vader be dancing too in the Hyperspace Hoopla? Return of the Carbon Freeze Me Experience? Sound off with your hopes and any rumors you might have

#2 User is offline   COH#1fan 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Disney, travel, comics, live performance

Posted 28 November 2012 - 08:14 AM

Even though Disney owns the Star Wars franchise now, I was kinda hoping that they would quit Star Wars Weekends, since it "breaks" Disney's Hollywood Studios. Why can't they just dedicate a separate theme park to Star Wars because it's just that big?
"In an age of fads, copycats, and rapidly changing trends, you have chosen to stand out from the rest and be an individual. We applaud your courage and self-expression. Thanks for being a part of our show today. Don't ever change. The world needs more people with your spirit." - The Citizens of Hollywood

#3 User is offline   abcsoapfan1981 

• Studios Regular
  • Interests:Star Wars,Star Trek,Stargate ( all of them ) ABC Soap Operas....And Dsiney World of course!!!!!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 12:40 AM

I read on the disney parks website that Star Wars Weekends is going to be in spring of 2013. Not summer...So what does this mean?????

Star Wars Weekends May/June 2013
Drew Brees Passing Academy,Wide World of Sports June 2013
DisneyLand and General Hospital Fanclub Weekend July 2013

#4 User is offline   darthstich 

Posted 02 December 2012 - 08:49 PM

@COH#1Fan Until such a time as there is a Star Wars theme park, I still want to see SWW at DHS.

@ABCSoapFan1981 Interesting! I had not heard that myself. If that is the case we should hear lots about it soon, January at the latest.

#5 User is offline   yulilin 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Disney World, Harry Potter, Star Wars and my family

Posted 04 December 2012 - 12:03 PM

View Postabcsoapfan1981, on 01 December 2012 - 12:40 AM, said:

I read on the disney parks website that Star Wars Weekends is going to be in spring of 2013. Not summer...So what does this mean?????

Actually Summer starts June 21st next year, so it could still be the same dates we've been having, last 2 weekends of May first 2 weekends of June, but here's hoping they move it back.
Por favor mantenganse alejados de las puertas

#6 User is offline   ksomm814 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 27 December 2012 - 03:38 PM

Dates have been announced!
This year’s Force-filled fun will take place every Friday, Saturday and Sunday from May 17 – June 9, 2013.

#7 User is offline   dd_indy 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:49 PM

I already have my plane tickets and room reservation. Glad I guessed the correct weekend.
Share and enjoy!

Dennis

#8 User is offline   one_jedi_4_u 

• Studios Newbie
  • Interests:Disney, Star Wars, COD: Zombies #DUH, BOBA FETT!!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 04:18 PM

I really hope Carbon Freeze comes back! Last year,my son skipped it and regreted it!
"Here's to Mr. Iacocca and his failed experiment, the DeLorean!" Michael Scott "The Office"

#9 User is offline   Master Gracey 

• Studios Newbie

Posted 14 February 2013 - 11:08 AM

I wish I was going. :(. Maybe in 2014...... My fiancé LOVES Star Wars. :).

#10 User is offline   Ridge 

• Studios Newbie

Posted 14 February 2013 - 06:35 PM

I've already got trips booked for two weekends. About how far out will they announce the guests for the specific weekends? I'm bringing a friend this year that has never been for SWW and I want to make sure she has a great time. (really who wouldn't have a great time?)

#11 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 14 February 2013 - 09:05 PM

View PostRidge, on 14 February 2013 - 06:35 PM, said:

I've already got trips booked for two weekends. About how far out will they announce the guests for the specific weekends? I'm bringing a friend this year that has never been for SWW and I want to make sure she has a great time. (really who wouldn't have a great time?)

Figure a guest list in April time frame, give or take a few weeks

#12 User is offline   obilorne 

• Studios Regular

Posted 16 February 2013 - 12:17 PM

View PostMaster Gracey, on 14 February 2013 - 11:08 AM, said:

I wish I was going. :(/>/>. Maybe in 2014...... My fiancé LOVES Star Wars. :)/>/>.

If you need anything from Star Wars Weekends, let me know. (Merchandise, autographs, etc...)

http://www.locograph...!untitled/c1g0v

Also, Pat Carroll will be appearing in Orlando in May.

http://www.locograph...!untitled/c231p

#13 User is offline   YESman 

• Studios Newbie

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:25 PM

View Postobilorne, on 16 February 2013 - 12:17 PM, said:

If you need anything from Star Wars Weekends, let me know. (Merchandise, autographs, etc...)

http://www.locograph...!untitled/c1g0v

Also, Pat Carroll will be appearing in Orlando in May.

http://www.locograph...!untitled/c231p

Ever the opportunist... I knew limited edition merchandise is resold on ebay, but getting the Autographs for a profit? Kind feel bad for the family with Star Wars fans that are turned away at the cutoff point from a lifelong memory, because someone's trying to make $5. 2 years ago, I agreed with the criticism of Anthony Daniels, but after seeing this post, Daniels has a point...

#14 User is offline   matthewbritt72 

• Studios Newbie

Posted 04 March 2013 - 02:44 PM

I was doing some research today, trying to figure out a celebrity list, or at least figure out who won't be in Orlando this year during the weekends that I'm trying to get to the Studios, and thought I'd share this sight for other curious autograph fans. The link below has a lot of SW actors and voice actors and their appearances listed for this years events around the globe. Many of the SWW regulars are already booked up for May and June.

http://www.starwarsa...s.blogspot.com/

#15 User is offline   Master Gracey 

• Studios Newbie

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:30 PM

My personal opinion getting the autographs has more memories. :). I do live in Los Angeles and have opportunities to get autographs. Have seen celeb sightings at Disneyland. I won't be using an autograph site or ebay. If I personally get it then I KNOW it's the real McCoy

#16 User is offline   ksomm814 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 14 March 2013 - 10:30 AM

Logo revealed.
Posted Image

Also, Ray Park will be in attendance Weekends 1 & 2 while Warwick Davis will be present Weekends 2 & 3

#17 User is offline   darthstich 

Posted 17 March 2013 - 05:54 PM

I love the logo this year. Can't wait to add the pin of it to my collection! Plus Ray Park and Warwick together? Looks like Weekend 2 it is!

Now on to more serious talk. Disney/Lucasfilm has announced that the Clone Wars is canceled until further notice, and Star Wars Detours is not happening any time soon either. Of course they are in development for a new animated series and Star Wars VII but that begs the question, what will they do for SWW stable Behind the Force and the last several years James Arnold Taylor and Ashley Eckstein have been hosting the event, but with CW no more will the mouse house still want them involved? What do you guys think about it, and who would you like to see host the event if it's a no go for our voice actors?

#18 User is offline   yulilin 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Disney World, Harry Potter, Star Wars and my family

Posted 20 March 2013 - 09:06 AM

View Postdarthstich, on 17 March 2013 - 05:54 PM, said:

I love the logo this year. Can't wait to add the pin of it to my collection! Plus Ray Park and Warwick together? Looks like Weekend 2 it is!

Now on to more serious talk. Disney/Lucasfilm has announced that the Clone Wars is canceled until further notice, and Star Wars Detours is not happening any time soon either. Of course they are in development for a new animated series and Star Wars VII but that begs the question, what will they do for SWW stable Behind the Force and the last several years James Arnold Taylor and Ashley Eckstein have been hosting the event, but with CW no more will the mouse house still want them involved? What do you guys think about it, and who would you like to see host the event if it's a no go for our voice actors?

I think that they should stick with both hosts...JAT is known not only in the CW but in the video games and in the Behind the Force Show they show how the cartoon is made, even though the CW will be over I think that alot of people will find the process of voice-over interesting enough to go see this show. Both hosts are great at what they do.
On another note...thinking about the fact that there will be no 3pm parade who thinks that the SW motorcade will be more packed (if that's possible)? People will watch the SW parade even though they're not SW fans just for the fact that it's a parade and that DIsney characters are there.
Por favor mantenganse alejados de las puertas

#19 User is offline   queenofthehouse 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Disney, Disney and more Disney

Posted 28 March 2013 - 06:32 PM

View Postyulilin, on 20 March 2013 - 09:06 AM, said:

I think that they should stick with both hosts...JAT is known not only in the CW but in the video games and in the Behind the Force Show they show how the cartoon is made, even though the CW will be over I think that alot of people will find the process of voice-over interesting enough to go see this show. Both hosts are great at what they do.
On another note...thinking about the fact that there will be no 3pm parade who thinks that the SW motorcade will be more packed (if that's possible)? People will watch the SW parade even though they're not SW fans just for the fact that it's a parade and that DIsney characters are there.

They might not. People are so used to a parade being in the afternoon, that they might just miss it before realizing that there was a parade. [we can only hope]
Maureen
(Lowell's Mom)
Mad, Mad, Mad about Disney!

May 21-28, 2013
Wilderness Lodge

#20 User is offline   General Specific 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 30 March 2013 - 01:42 PM

The Star Wars Actor Appearances site is reporting Jeremy Bulloch for weekend 1. Updated guest lists

Hosts: Ashley Eckstein (Ahsoka Tano) & James Arnold Taylor (Clone Wars Obi Wan Kenobi)

5/17-19 Weekend 1: Jeremy Bulloch (Boba Fett) & Ray Park (Darth Maul)

5/24-26 Weekend 2: Warwick Davis (Wicket the Ewok) & Ray Park

5/31-6/2 Weekend 3: Warwick Davis & ?

6/9-11 Weekend 4: ? & ?

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users