• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

American Idol Season 9 Listening Thread

#21 User is offline   sarahzy 

• Studios Veteran
  • Group: Members

Posted 22 January 2010 - 09:22 AM

View PostMaxiBarns, on Jan 21 2010, 07:35 PM, said:

Agree: Talent was better. Kara & Kristin very annoying. I saw a glimpse of MK, w/no AIE.

Found it ironic that they were trying to help one person rebuild himself after being in jail & then sent one off to jail.

TMZ was reporting that he didn't get taken to jail, but warned if he tried to come back to the auditons he'd be arrested.

#22 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 22 January 2010 - 12:10 PM

View Postsarahzy, on Jan 22 2010, 09:22 AM, said:

TMZ was reporting that he didn't get taken to jail, but warned if he tried to come back to the auditons he'd be arrested.

I figured that much. I mean, what was he going to be arrested for? He didn't do anything except stand there....that isn't a crime.

The format for the auditions need to be changed up because it's the same show with different people. I'm starting to agree with Yulady that it just isnt that interesting until Hollywood week.

#23 User is offline   MaxiBarns 

• Studios Veteran
  • Interests:Running, Eating, Laughing, Running, Eating, Laughing

Posted 22 January 2010 - 05:35 PM

View Postsarahzy, on Jan 22 2010, 08:22 AM, said:

I was fairly sure he didn't go to the slammer, I just thought is was funny:)

One of my workmates tried out for Idol when it was here in MN a few years ago. She said, and this is probablly fairly obvious, that Simon, Randy & Kara don't see all the contestants. Everyone meets in a huge arena & tries out. Each time you try out you can be cut or passed on to the next round of tryouts. By the time a contestant gets to an "undisclosed location" ie. where Simon & the gang are, the contestant is either really good or really terrible.

I watch idol once it's down to final 12. I think I might go back to that plan.

#24 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 22 January 2010 - 06:08 PM

View PostMaxiBarns, on Jan 22 2010, 05:35 PM, said:

I was fairly sure he didn't go to the slammer, I just thought is was funny:)

One of my workmates tried out for Idol when it was here in MN a few years ago. She said, and this is probablly fairly obvious, that Simon, Randy & Kara don't see all the contestants. Everyone meets in a huge arena & tries out. Each time you try out you can be cut or passed on to the next round of tryouts. By the time a contestant gets to an "undisclosed location" ie. where Simon & the gang are, the contestant is either really good or really terrible.

I watch idol once it's down to final 12. I think I might go back to that plan.

Yea what we see on tv is nothing like what actually happens for the auditions

#25 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 27 January 2010 - 12:13 PM

Last night's episode in Los Angeles auditions was interesting for the wrong reasons :blink: First, Avril Lavigne looked terrible. Her hoody was, well, dumb (cat ears? cmon). Also, she seemed quiet and never contributed much. In terms of the guest panelists thus far, Victoria Beckham was been the best, with Avril just one notch above the ever-annoying Kristin Chenoweth (she was annoying in that episode, I should say). Day one seemed like a bust and the people that made it were ho-hum.

Day two was much better. I have to admit at first when they mentioned Katy Perry was the guest judge, I was less than thrilled. But by the end I loved Katy because she was brutally honest. The highlight was when Kara went on one of her dumb Paula-wannabe rants about how awesome the singer was and Katy turned to her and said "Is this a lifetime movie?" :D Anyone who slams Kara gets major props from me but she also was honest with the people that auditioned.

A new trend among auditioners that irks me is the person who thinks by being firm and not accepting the judge's decision will get the judges to reconsider because they're so strong willed or whatever. I guess they forgot the part that requires them to be talented at singing in order for that strategy to work.

LA was another not great episode and the best talent was that guy with the glasses from Day 2 that had a sappy story. Still haven't seen one singer this season that I've been "wowed" by yet.

#26 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 28 January 2010 - 12:22 PM

I saw part of last night's episode. For some reason on Day 2, my cable box decided to restart and take 10 mins to turn back on. But I digress....

Neil Patrick Harris was a great choice for celebrity judge. If you're going to be a celeb judge, you need to actually be critical and Neil was great. He went to the point of being like Simon, but I liked his honesty.

As for the singers, again, no one amazing stood out to me (from the part I saw anyway).

#27 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 17 February 2010 - 02:45 PM

I haven't watched a lot of Idol lately because I wrote off auditions until the final 24, but caught some of last night's show (final 24 is next week) and here are some quick thoughts....

- Kara is beyond annoying and loves everyone. I hate her.
- I hate when they spend time on people the ultimately get cut and then at the very end mention 7 people who did make it. Hello? I want to know more about those that have a chance!
- Drama seems very artificial thus far. As in the editing makes things appear to be more dramatic than they really are.

#28 User is offline   syndony 

• Studios Newbie

Posted 19 February 2010 - 07:26 AM

Hi
The only one that I really liked who sang MITM last night was Thaddeus Johnson. I thought he did really good. Jermaine Sellers, to me, didn't do that well with it though. Thaddeus, I thought, was good though. He seemed to put his heart in it a bit.
I was so excited that they were singing Man In The Mirror. Kara (ugh) was dancing and singing along in her chair. lol. It's nice that they are singing a Michael song

#29 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 19 February 2010 - 11:45 AM

I'm looking forward to next week when the real competition begins. I have to say that thus far, this season has been a bust for me but I've always known that until the final 24, it would be "ho-hum".

#30 User is offline   IlluminatEpcot 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 25 February 2010 - 11:23 AM

Matt, I Saw this on another Disney Site and wanted to pass it along:

From "the disney blog"

With a new season of American Idol underway it’s fun to note that one of the final 24 actually was a ‘Dream ticket’ winner at American Idol Experience at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. In fact, Aaron Kelly won his ticket to the front of the audition line right during the first few days of the attraction.

--
It seems like the attraction is "working as intended" so to speak
Next Trip - Epic October -- 9/27 to 10/3
Staying at Pop Century
Previous Trips: March 2010, 2011
1999: June, Aug, Oct, Dec
2000: April, Oct, Dec

Webmaster of Illuminating Epcot

#31 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 25 February 2010 - 11:47 AM

Did they mention it on the show?

And is it just me, or does Ellen look like a ghoul?

Anyone else notice that when Kara gives her opinion that Simon turns his body away from her and stare into space?

#32 User is offline   yulilin 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Disney World, Harry Potter, Star Wars and my family

Posted 25 February 2010 - 11:51 AM

I was about to report the same thing about Aaron Kelly. They didn't say anything on the show, I don't know who reported this in the first place but it's on a couple of disney fan sites.
I haven't really watched the show this season, first it comes against Modern Family and I ♥ MF and second it just doesn't feel right anymore. I can't stand Kara and I miss Paula and all of her weirdness.
Por favor mantenganse alejados de las puertas

#33 User is offline   sarahzy 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 25 February 2010 - 12:31 PM

This season has been painful!!! I can only hope it improves a bit by the actual performance shows. Thank goodness for DVR so that I can fast forward through a lot of it.

#34 User is offline   April 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 25 February 2010 - 12:54 PM

I missed Tuesday's show, but wasn't so lucky to miss the guys singing. That was painful. They were all bad. And Kara and that Casey kid is just creepy.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users