• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Hello! A Few Questions

#1 User is offline   Chastian 

• Studios Newbie
  • Group: Members

Posted 22 April 2010 - 08:22 AM

Hi Everyone,

I'm new here. I love the website and it has a ton of good info here. My Girlfriend and I are going to WDW from May 20 - 27th, and I managed to plan this trip around the 1st Star Wars Weekend.

I was seeing the new pins for the weekend, do these run out at all? And are they sold at the Tatooine Traders? I've been the WDW one time before in 2008, but never during a SW Weekend. How crowded is it on the 1st weekend? When I was there last time it wasnt too bad, but im expectingit to be wild. I can't wait to find all the merch goodies =) I goto the Star Wars convention here in Dallas annually so I know for the most part how Autographs work. Are the autographs free?

We pan to goto DHWS On Sat. May 21. I can't wait to see all of the Star Wars fans there!

#2 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 22 April 2010 - 10:41 AM

Welcome to Studios Central Chastian!

You can pick up any and all SWW merchandise at the merchandise shop located between Backlot Tour and Toy Story Midway Mania (name has changed over the years but concept is the same). Tatooine Traders gets incredibly busy (as you might imagine) so stick with the warehouse option and you'll find the shopping experience better :D

Limited edition pins (and limited merchandise of any kind) sells out faster than regular merchandise generally. The rule of thumb is if you really want something, buy it as soon as the park opens.

Autographs are indeed free ;)

Be sure to stop by one of our SWW planning chats for lots more useful information ;) : http://www.studiosce...?showtopic=6965

#3 User is offline   IHeartTheStudios 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 22 April 2010 - 09:49 PM

View PostQuickGold, on Apr 22 2010, 11:41 AM, said:

Welcome to Studios Central Chastian!

You can pick up any and all SWW merchandise at the merchandise shop located between Backlot Tour and Toy Story Midway Mania (name has changed over the years but concept is the same). Tatooine Traders gets incredibly busy (as you might imagine) so stick with the warehouse option and you'll find the shopping experience better :icon_cheers:

This will NOT be the location of the special merchandise shop this year. Stay tuned...

#4 User is offline   Chastian 

• Studios Newbie

Posted 24 April 2010 - 09:53 AM

Thank you for the response, hopefully we know soon of the locations!

#5 User is offline   General Specific 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 28 April 2010 - 07:16 PM

As has already been stated, celebrity autographs are indeed free, but often require you to be at the gates several hours before the park opens in order to obtain an autograph pass.

#6 User is offline   modnm 

• Studios Newbie

Posted 28 April 2010 - 07:32 PM

I read somewhere ( i might be mistaken), that there are photos available of the actors between signing. My sons are 5+6, so they haven't quite grasped the actor concept yet. But i would like to pick up a photo of the for them to look at in the future. They are confused that Han solo thinks he's Indiana jones...we have ' why is han dressed like indiana?'

Does that still happen? at the signing station.. or else where

Michelle

#7 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 28 April 2010 - 08:31 PM

Yes, there are free black and white photos provided for the celeb to sign so if you don't have anything to sign, you can have them sign that.

#8 User is offline   General Specific 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 29 April 2010 - 09:26 AM

View PostQuickGold, on Apr 28 2010, 09:31 PM, said:

Yes, there are free black and white photos provided for the celeb to sign so if you don't have anything to sign, you can have them sign that.

Also, if you're disinterested in arriving at the park in the wee hours of the morning for autographs, Disney has passed out the same b/w headshots with Xeroxed signatures nearby where the celebrity is signing to anyone who wants one.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users