Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Event Dates

#1 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 19 January 2003 - 03:26 PM

Passing along info for those interested..

This is from the mouse himself :king: so start planning your next trip 8)

Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival
Date(s): 25 April - 8 June, 2003
Spring is in the air! This can only mean one thing - the popular Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival is in bloom. From 25 April to 8 June, come join the 10th anniversary of this annual celebration. Be dazzled by millions of flowers, whimsical Disney character topiaries, gardening experts and the Flower Power Concert Series. Special happenings include the special Mother's Day Brunch Weekend and other themed weekend activities. So join the fun and put a little more love, art and music in your life! Check back soon for more details about the events.

Night of Joy
Date(s): 5th and 6th September, 2003
8 p.m. until 1 a.m.
Night of Joy is the only Christian music event that combines the excitement of the biggest names and hits in contemporary Christian Music with the fantasy of the Magic Kingdom Park. This year's stellar line-up includes Steven Curtis Chapman, Kirk Franklin, Michael W. Smith, Jaci Velazquez and many more… there's a different lineup each night! You'll also enjoy unlimited use of the most popular Magic Kingdom attractions. Separate admission is required for this event.

Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party
Date(s): OCT 3 5 10 14 16 19 24 26 30 31 from 7pm till 12am
You're in for a bunch of treats… and a few tricks too. Come and see Mickey and the gang in a special Halloween Parade. Enjoy Halloween-themed entertainment and unlimited use of the most popular Magic Kingdom attractions! Your Disney friends will even be decked out in their not-so-scariest costumes, so wear yours too. Finally, the night lights up with Halloween Fantasy in the Sky fireworks. Separate admission is required for this event. Because missing out… well, that would be scary!

Epcot International Food & Wine Festival
Date(s): 18 October - 16 November, 2003
It is time, once again, to send your taste buds on a trip around the world as you sample the authentic cuisine and wines that are the pride and joy of Africa, Italy, Australia, Russia, Spain, Ireland and many other international regions. Consider it a culinary and cultural potpourri complete with over 20 food and wine marketplaces, representing more than 30 different countries and regions across the globe. Entrance to the festival is included in your Epcot admission!

FUNAI Classic
Date(s): 23-26 October, 2003
A PGA TOUR tradition for more than 25 years, the FUNAI Classic draws one of the strongest fields on the Tour. Past powerhouses to conquer Disney's Magnolia and Palm golf courses are Tiger Woods and David Duval. Tickets sell out fast, so call Ticketmaster in Florida on 001 407 839 3900 to get yours!

Festival of the Masters
Date(s): 7 - 9 November, 2003
See a tapestry of 150 of the most talented artists in the nation (along with their creations) at the 27th Annual Festival of the Masters event. You can also sample food from different Downtown Disney restaurants during Taste of Downtown Disney, and enjoy live entertainment while you're there. And don't forget to check out some of the funkiest art around at the House of Blues Folk Art Festival.

Holidays Around the World
Date(s): Select Dates in November and December
During the run up to Christmas, World Showcase comes alive with the legends and lore of the season. Enjoy a nightly tree-lighting ceremony and the Lights of Winter - a dazzling canopy of lights glittering with Christmas cheer. Then share in the inspirational joy of the Candlelight Processional - a classic retelling of the Christmas Story by a celebrity narrator accompanied by a 50-piece orchestra and a choir. It's all included in your Epcot admission! Be on the lookout for future Holidays Around the World information.

Christmastime in the City
Date(s): Select Dates in November and December
Fill up your shopping lists with the most unique gifts of the season during Christmastime in the City at the Downtown Disney area. Shop amid dazzling decorations, a giant glistening tree and live musical entertainment. You can even have a picture taken with Santa! From morning to midnight, there's a flurry of fun for all ages.

Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party
Date(s): December 2, 4, 5, 9, 11, 12, 14, 16, 18, 19
Spend a magical night enjoying Christmas snow, an enchanting parade, Disney Character greetings, family photos and tasty treats. Plus, get unlimited use of the most popular Magic Kingdom attractions. Separate admission is required for this event.

Osborne Family Spectacle of Lights
Date(s): December 2003
Stroll down Residential Street and soak up the holiday glow of Mr. Osborne's over-the-top and all-down-the-street display of five million lights. Put on a pair of complimentary holographic glasses and watch as the spectacle takes on amazing new dimensions. And enjoy a nice cup of hot chocolate while the nightly "snow" falls. And it's all included in your Disney-MGM Studios admission!

#2 User is offline   BermudaJ 

• Studios Newbie
  • Group: Members

Posted 21 January 2003 - 10:57 PM

Thanks Matt for posting the dates for these special events. I will be going down from 10/16/03 thru 10/21/03 and it looks like I will be attending the Food and Wine Festival and the MNSSHP (if I can get tickets) while I'm there. This is very good news to me!!

Janice

:o

#3 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 21 January 2003 - 11:37 PM

For those keeping score at home, Spain is included in the Food & Wine Festival again so it looks like Spain is here to stay.

Update: Just read this: Also for EPCOT: The Spain buildings have been walled off and are starting to be removed.

#4 User is offline   rcalderaro 

• Studios Newbie

Posted 10 February 2003 - 11:31 AM

Thanks for posting the dates for MNSSHP now I have to wait for the tickets to go on sale. Any idea when that will be?

Thanks again!

#5 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 10 February 2003 - 11:49 AM

rcalderaro said:

Thanks for posting the dates for MNSSHP now I have to wait for the tickets to go on sale. Any idea when that will be?

Thanks again!

First of all, Welcome to MGMStudios.Org! ;)

I seem to recall these tickets going on sale sometime in late summer(August?). I could be wrong, but thats my guess.

#6 User is offline   rcalderaro 

• Studios Newbie

Posted 10 February 2003 - 12:04 PM

thank you for the welcome and for the info. Can't wait! We're taking my daughter who will be 11 months old and two of these dates are during our trip.

#7 User is offline   MickeyMagic 

• Studios Newbie

Posted 03 March 2003 - 09:33 PM

Are the dates posted for MNSSHP 'official'? I'd like to make air arrangements, but want to be sure of the MNSSHP dates first.

Thanks!

#8 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 03 March 2003 - 09:45 PM

MickeyMagic said:

Are the dates posted for MNSSHP 'official'? I'd like to make air arrangements, but want to be sure of the MNSSHP dates first.

Date's are official. The source for them can be found here.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users