• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Favorite dish at Prime Time?

#41 User is offline   GarrettJD 

• Studios Newbie
  • Group: Members

Posted 16 May 2008 - 11:29 PM

We're gonna eat at the Prime Time for the first time next month. I think I've been sold on the pot roast now....

#42 User is offline   ghost1000 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 18 May 2008 - 08:11 AM

We had lunch at the 50s Prime Time on Sunday, 5/11, and it will be our last time eating there.

The waitress just wasn't into the role. I tried my best, but she didn't react. I had the fish sandwich and it was overcooked. I would overlook the overcooked fish if the waitress was better.

So we've now eaten there three times, and the score is two servers not into their role, and one server who was excellent. Just not worth it in my book.
~~ Rita

#43 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 18 May 2008 - 09:32 AM

I know how you feel Rita. The real knock on Prime Time is if you get bad entertainment, it really doesn't make the restaurant that great overall. Sorry to hear about your experiences.

#44 User is offline   mr. figment 

• Studios Newbie
  • Interests:MOVIES, MUSIC, TRAVEL

Posted 27 May 2008 - 07:56 PM

QuickGold said:

I know how you feel Rita. The real knock on Prime Time is if you get bad entertainment, it really doesn't make the restaurant that great overall. Sorry to hear about your experiences.

We had an "ok" experience last week. Our waiter was very business like with us, but was having fun with the table next to us. I was purposely placing my elbows on the table to get a reaction, but nothing. The food was good. I love looking at the desert menu, even though I've done it several times. I'm sure we'll go again at Mousefest.

#45 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 27 May 2008 - 09:10 PM

mr. figment said:

QuickGold said:

We had an "ok" experience last week. Our waiter was very business like with us, but was having fun with the table next to us. I was purposely placing my elbows on the table to get a reaction, but nothing. The food was good. I love looking at the desert menu, even though I've done it several times. I'm sure we'll go again at Mousefest.
I wrote about this in a recent article and how wildly ones experience there can vary based on who your server is.

#46 User is offline   GarrettJD 

• Studios Newbie

Posted 27 May 2008 - 09:56 PM

Good article, Matt. On all our trips to WDW, we've never made it there, so I made an ADR there for our upcoming trip. I'm hoping for a good experience there. We'll be eating there for the first time a week from today, and we're definitely "game" to play along if we get a good server.

#47 User is offline   SamIAm 

• Studios Newbie
  • Interests:Disney, Traveling, My Puppy

Posted 29 May 2008 - 02:47 PM

You can always let the hostess know at the door that you are interested in having a "fun" server and would really like to get into the act so to speak. I've done this once before and we got a really fun server and one time I forgot to ask and got a very nice, but not really into the act server. She tried, but it didn't come across really well since she was Brazilian and it was hard to cut through her accent.

#48 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 29 May 2008 - 04:52 PM

SamIAm said:

You can always let the hostess know at the door that you are interested in having a "fun" server and would really like to get into the act so to speak. I've done this once before and we got a really fun server and one time I forgot to ask and got a very nice, but not really into the act server. She tried, but it didn't come across really well since she was Brazilian and it was hard to cut through her accent.
I'm joining a friend at Primetime in June and I will be sure to do this because it's been years since I had a "good" server (good in the sense of playing the role, not in service because they've all been great service wise)

#49 User is offline   el_strategista 

• Studios Newbie

Posted 24 June 2008 - 10:55 PM

Has to be the pot roast with a vanilla shake.

My wife loves the pot roast and the chocolate and peanut butter shake.

Better eat everything or Big Sister Amy will make you clean up tables. My kids loved Big Sister Amy.

#50 User is offline   DisneySchoe 

• Studios Veteran
  • Interests:Disney!

Posted 30 June 2008 - 10:44 AM

I would have to go with the meatloaf.
It was great when I had it. :P

#51 User is offline   COH#1fan 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Disney, travel, comics, live performance

Posted 01 July 2008 - 05:12 AM

One time at Prime Time, there was this family whose older daughter would not eat the veggies, and they teased her alot. "STOP BEING A BRAT!" they shouted.

But then, the server came back with a small plate that looked like a dessert, but it turned out to be the veggies covered in whipped cream and sprinkles. I would have been like :shock: if she actually went ahead and ate it.
"In an age of fads, copycats, and rapidly changing trends, you have chosen to stand out from the rest and be an individual. We applaud your courage and self-expression. Thanks for being a part of our show today. Don't ever change. The world needs more people with your spirit." - The Citizens of Hollywood

#52 User is offline   bjohnson 

• Studios Newbie

Posted 09 July 2008 - 10:38 PM

Pot Roast at 50's Prime Time was always my favorite there, until I discovered the pot roast at Liberty Tree Tavern. Now I just mix it up, because while the Pot Roast is the best thing at 50's Prime Time, I've already had pot roast! Still love the herb cheese and milk shake though!

#53 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 10 July 2008 - 11:01 AM

bjohnson said:

Pot Roast at 50's Prime Time was always my favorite there, until I discovered the pot roast at Liberty Tree Tavern. Now I just mix it up, because while the Pot Roast is the best thing at 50's Prime Time, I've already had pot roast! Still love the herb cheese and milk shake though!
You liked the pot roast at Liberty Tree? I found it to be very dry. Prime Time, on the other hand, is consistently wonderful.

#54 User is offline   ADP 

• ADP
  • Interests:Golf, Disney, Sports Junkie!

Posted 10 July 2008 - 11:34 AM

I would agree about the food at Prime Time being consistantly good. It's one of the few restaurants at WDW that is very consistant with its food. Most of the others are very inconsistant.

#55 User is offline   Ken In Atlanta 

• Senior Studios Member

Posted 10 July 2008 - 01:37 PM

On my first trip to Prime Time I had the Fried Chicken. Delish

The second trip to Prime Time was during my Weight Watchers kick and I ordered the salad and the Soup.

#56 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 10 July 2008 - 04:34 PM

Ken In Atlanta said:

On my first trip to Prime Time I had the Fried Chicken. Delish

The second trip to Prime Time was during my Weight Watchers kick and I ordered the salad and the Soup.
Eating healthier as well, it's difficult to eat healthy at the more affordable restaurants (like Prime Time). Brown Derby, an expensive restaurant, has some much healthier options.

That being said, it's worth gaining weight for some of that pot roast! :mrgreen:

#57 User is offline   Ken In Atlanta 

• Senior Studios Member

Posted 10 July 2008 - 04:42 PM

QuickGold said:

That being said, it's worth gaining weight for some of that pot roast! :mrgreen:

I'll have to remember that for August. A little Matt might pop up on my shoulder and tell me to get the Pot Roast.

#58 User is offline   ADP 

• ADP
  • Interests:Golf, Disney, Sports Junkie!

Posted 10 July 2008 - 05:09 PM

Ken In Atlanta said:

QuickGold said:

I'll have to remember that for August. A little Matt might pop up on my shoulder and tell me to get the Pot Roast.

Go for it Ken. If anything else you'll lose weight just touring the parks.

#59 User is offline   Ken In Atlanta 

• Senior Studios Member

Posted 10 July 2008 - 05:15 PM

[quote="ADP"][quote=Ken In Atlanta]

Go for it Ken. If anything else you'll lose weight just touring the parks.[/quote]

Oh I have learned to diet up until the trip and then just not worry about it during the trip at all. Too many good things, plus I am on vacation :-)

Then when I get back it is back to the diet.

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users