• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Matt's September Mini-Meet Report

#1 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 19 September 2005 - 01:02 PM

Looks like I'm first...

I had a great trip down. I'll limit my report to just reports on what I did and dive into the Mini-Meet stuff a little more.

Tuesday/Wednesday
I arrived Tuesday night as a surprise (instead of Wednesday night), woke up bright and early and went to MGM with Marissa. We did all sorts of rides and attractions all around. We ate lunch at Studios Catering and I had the Gyro sandwich. Another great tasting sandwich. Of course, the offerings there are way too small.

In the afternoon I met Jeanne (Marissa left to go to work) and we saw LMAX and a few other things. We tried to eat at Backlot Express but it closed early so we ate dinner at ABC Commissary. Jeanne had the Thai Noodles (which I tried and tasted great) while I had the burger (I think that's what I ate). Later that night we saw Fantasmic! and for some reason, the entire theater stunk of.....human feces. Very odd. The show was about to start, started (as in we heard the beginning narration) and then it stopped and they said they'd have to dtop for technical reasons. About a minute later it re-started and everything was fine.

Thursday:

Started off the day in AK, did everything worth doing (except Kali because Marissa wouldn't go on it). On the Safari a Giraffe decided to stop right in the middle of the path of the vehicles so we had a 5-10 minute delay. When the ride was over, they offered to let us all ride again but we opted not to. I rode Dinosaur and it's still friggin scary. We also rode Primevil Whirl and it was much more dizzy than I remember riding it (we rode on the left side). I also rode Triceratop Spin for the first time only because there was absolutely no line.

We went back to All Stars for a break by about 11am.

Later that evening we went to Epcot, rode M:S, TT, Soarin (no Jason :shifty: ) and did the whole World Showcase thing. We ate at the full service in Italy. Marissa had the fettucine alfredo and I had the "sampler". The lasagna was quite good and I'm gonna order it as a main dish next time I get dragged over there.

For Illuminations we watched at Italy in a special VIP section thanks to a little pull I had with Disney 8)

Friday:
Went to MK in the AM. Rode everything. No lines. I even rode everything in Fantasyland. Are they serious that Snow White is for kids? I was kind of nervous on it. I also rode Astro Orbiter for the first time and it was fun (no line). It offers great views of Tomorrowland. We ate lunch at Tomorrowland Noodles and the portions here were quite large. I had the Chicken Noodle Bowl and was quite pleased with it.

In the afternoon we met up with Rob & Jeanne and played Millionaire. Rob got to the hot seat on the first show(surprise, surprise). The rest of us (Jeanne, me, Marissa & Debbie (Rob's Wife)) didn't do well at all. I had a decent first show (I was second to Rob when he got on) but after the first show, I stunk up the joint. Also, the questions that day were quite difficult. I'll let Rob talk more about his time in the hot seat and how he did.

After the last showing of Millionaire, we went to Backlot Express to eat but it was closed early again (despite being posted that it would be open till 8). We then tried Primetime but it was ressies only so we walked to Boardwalk and ate at Spoodles.

Saturday:

I got to MGM for opening and while in the preshow for Coaster got a call from Rob. He was in the park so I told him I'd meet him right after I rode Coaster. We met up in front of Millionaire (Honestly, where else do you think you'd look to meet Rob?) where we then walked through One Man's Dream (thank you A/C) and then went to the hat for the meet. Well clearly I had no idea what I was talking about because I called Jeanne to ask where she was and she told me we're supposed to meet in front of ABC Theater. Sure enough, as soon as walked over there we met Micah and her mom. A few minutes later Jeanne and Jo met us there.

We took some pictures in front of the hat and then went on to ride GMR. After GMR we all headed over to Millionaire to play and I managed to get into the hot seat. I remembered this time to plug the show and I did allright. I felt the questions were somewhat easy and I used a lifeline stupidly on one question about Wyatt Earp (I knew it but played it safe) and succesfully used my Phone-A-Stranger lifeline when I needed help with a question about "Designing Women".

I finally got out on: "From 1838-1861, this US city minted US currency with the mark D. What was it?" All the towns started with D and I only remember the states: Kentucky, Massachussetts, Georgia or North Carolina. I figured that since it stopped in 1861, it had to be a slave state because the civil war started in 1861 so it was between Georgia & N.C. and I picked Carolina. Well the answer was Georgia and I was out (that was the 64,000 question by the way).

We played a number of other games of Millionaire (Leslie and Jeanne's boyfriend eventually joined us and I thought we had a good time. We ate lunch at Backlot Express (finally).

Jeanne and I left the meet after the 3:45 show as she had to go pick up her parents and I had to go meet Marissa (who was working) to go to MK.

We got to MK to watch Spectro and see Wishes. We ate dinner at Pecos Bill and I thought it was great food. Spectro was great and Wishes was good but there was no Tinkerbell to be seen. :wacko:

#2 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 19 September 2005 - 01:22 PM

Group photo here: http://mgmstudios.or...php?pic_id=1316

#3 User is offline   CoasterManiac45 

• Studios God
  • Group: Members

Posted 19 September 2005 - 05:33 PM

Nice photo! :shifty:

#4 User is offline   PixieDust 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Disney, music, reading, fun stuff. ;-)

Posted 19 September 2005 - 06:23 PM

sounds exciting.
Jeanne
Engaged July 17th, 2008 @ Sunset Point
3/3/09 - Sunset Point Wedding
AIM: PixieSBPassion

MySpace

Glenn is my hero!!

#5 User is offline   TinkerBell1981 

• Senior Studios Member
  • Interests:Tinker Bell, Florida Marlins, anything Disney

Posted 21 September 2005 - 08:31 AM

Sounds good. :thumleft:

#6 User is offline   Micah 

• Studios God

Posted 22 September 2005 - 06:28 PM

Nice. I look like a retard as always.

#7 User is offline   TinkerBell1981 

• Senior Studios Member
  • Interests:Tinker Bell, Florida Marlins, anything Disney

Posted 23 September 2005 - 08:38 AM

Micah, shush, you're a cutie!

#8 User is offline   PixieDust 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Disney, music, reading, fun stuff. ;-)

Posted 23 September 2005 - 12:15 PM

Micah you look awesome. The end. lol.
Jeanne
Engaged July 17th, 2008 @ Sunset Point
3/3/09 - Sunset Point Wedding
AIM: PixieSBPassion

MySpace

Glenn is my hero!!

#9 User is offline   disneyprincess 

• Studios God

Posted 27 September 2005 - 01:27 PM

Matt is you think our Snow White ride is scary, don't go on the Disneyland one, it's much darker/scarier than ours. :D

#10 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 27 September 2005 - 03:13 PM

disneyprincess said:

Matt is you think our Snow White ride is scary, don't go on the Disneyland one, it's much darker/scarier than ours. :D
I just find it odd. Were they shooting for a "big kids" Fantasyland ride with Snow White?

#11 User is offline   disneyprincess 

• Studios God

Posted 27 September 2005 - 06:34 PM

heh I'm not sure. All of the DL dark rides are much darker than ours, and I don't just mean the lighting :D

#12 User is offline   RnRDude76 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Theme parks, rollercoasters, music, drumming

Posted 01 October 2005 - 08:06 PM

Hope you had fun Matt

#13 User is offline   DisneyFan4567 

• Studios Newbie

Posted 08 April 2006 - 07:09 AM

Hey i like that picture

#14 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 08 April 2006 - 10:05 AM

Welcome to MGMStudios.Org DisneyFan4567!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users