Studios Central: Passholder Previews...no longer special previews - Studios Central

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Passholder Previews...no longer special previews

#1 User is offline   HDLady 

• Studios God
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Harleys, my pets and WDW!!!

Posted 07 February 2009 - 09:27 PM

Is it me or have Passholder Previews for attractions become "last dibbs" for soon to be opened attractions? I seem to remember in the past when most (if not all) Passholder Previews for soon to be opened attractions gave Passholders a special first opportunity to preview an attraction.

If I remember correctly, Passholder Previews for Toy Story Mania and other previous Passholder Previews occurred before soft openings when anyone in the park could preview an attraction. Lately, Passholder Previews have been scheduled to occur well after soft openings. For example the AIE Passholder Preview I went to yesterday had maybe 30 or 40 Passholders attending and the rest of the less than half filled theater was stand-by guests. I had already attended one show almost a month prior and only signed up for PP as an opportunity to see it again without standing in line. Another example of Passholders getting last dibbs at pre-opening is the Passholder Preview event for Kim Possible at EPCOT. My friends and I completed all 7 missions during soft opening mid January and Passholder Previews are scheduled for late February.

Isn't the basic concept of Passholder Previews to allow "regulars" to preview an attraction before casual guests can? It just seems to make Passholder Previews less special......
Debbie
DVC Old Key West 9/27- 10/5/2013 for Food & Wine w/ friends from NJ
Board of Directors Member & Treasurer, The ConGaloosh Society, Inc., a 501(3)c not-for-profit

ConGaloosh 2013 - September 27 - 29, 2013
www.congaloosh.org

#2 User is offline   YoPaulie 

• Senior Studios Member

Posted 07 February 2009 - 10:25 PM

I think that would warrant a letter to Guest Relations, actually.

I'm not a passholder, but, you're right. I'm thinking the pecking order should be Castmember previews, then Passholder previews, then soft opening.

Please read my blog, The World by Day
Follow me on Twitter! YoPaulieNJ

#3 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 08 February 2009 - 09:43 AM

I thought the same thing Kim. For Everest and TSMM, the AP preview was only superseded by the CM previews but now with AIE and Kim Possible, the AP Previews have been occurred well after soft openings have occurred.

#4 User is offline   Howie 

• Senior Studios Member
  • Interests:Family, WDW

Posted 08 February 2009 - 04:31 PM

i remember being there for the AP preview of fantasmic years ago; it was a 2 night preview and it was way before any other soft openings; we went the first night and were very lucky because we got to see everything; on the second night of the preview, we heard the big dragon at the end didnt work;

#5 User is offline   ADP 

• ADP
  • Interests:Golf, Disney, Sports Junkie!

Posted 08 February 2009 - 06:20 PM

I agree with what you are saying. It seems like Disney is using Passholder sneak peaks more often these days. AIE had a Passholder sneak peak during Mousefest and then this passholder preview/soft opening.

#6 User is offline   HDLady 

• Studios God

Posted 09 February 2009 - 10:10 AM

ADP said:

I agree with what you are saying. It seems like Disney is using Passholder sneak peaks more often these days. AIE had a Passholder sneak peak during Mousefest and then this passholder preview/soft opening.

I also went to the AIE Passholder Sneak Peak during Mousefest and that was cool because they took us through the audion process, see the audition rooms, and get a first look at the stage so at least it was a genuine sneak peak. Unless you plan to audition, you would never get tpo see those areas otherwise. The most recent Passholder previews for AIE and Kim Possible are occurring much after soft openings so they are really not Passholder Previews in the true sense because anyone who has been to the park the weeks prior has had the opportunity to see the attraction.
Debbie
Board of Directors Member & Treasurer, The ConGaloosh Society, Inc., a 501(3)c not-for-profit

www.congaloosh.org

#7 User is offline   Gina 

• Studios Newbie

Posted 18 February 2009 - 12:23 PM

A couple of possible reasons for the combined openings:

is that a sizeable audience greatly affects the AI experience for the contestants and the contestant pool may have only been drawn from passholders and DVC members;

and that since Kim Possible was held outside it may have been hard to turn away non-passholders and non-DVC members without angering them.

#8 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 18 February 2009 - 12:24 PM

Welcome to Studios Central Gina!

#9 User is offline   HDLady 

• Studios God

Posted 18 February 2009 - 01:42 PM

Gina said:

A couple of possible reasons for the combined openings:

is that a sizeable audience greatly affects the AI experience for the contestants and the contestant pool may have only been drawn from passholders and DVC members;

and that since Kim Possible was held outside it may have been hard to turn away non-passholders and non-DVC members without angering them.

Maybe, but at AIE, during the regular soft opening I attended as well as the AP preview, the theatre was less than 2/3 full and at that, the AP preview allowed stand-by guests. Also, WDW could allow non-APs to audition but just not open the audience up to stand-by guests. I know at TSM AP previews, I saw CMs turn away PLENTY of non-AP folks before they even got in behind the wall so I don't think turning people away is the issue either. At Kim Possoble, it would be quite easy to have the CM at each sign-up kiosk collect the person's AP preview confirmation (like they do at some other events) before the guest is allowed to scan their admission ticket to receive their assignment thus verifying they're APs.

The way they're doiung AP previews lately just makes them a yawn....already been there.....
Debbie

www.congaloosh.org

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users