Studios Central: John's May Trip Day 1 and Day 2 - Studios Central

Jump to content

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

John's May Trip Day 1 and Day 2

#1 User is offline   Abu 

  • Studios Veteran
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 124
  • Joined: 08-October 04
  • Location:Jacksonville,Florida
  • Interests:Movies, Games,

Posted 31 May 2005 - 11:36 AM

Tuesday- May 24
Left Jacksonville about 3:30pm. No real traffic problems until I got off I-95 and onto I-4. First I see a truck on fire on the side of the road, then traffic comes to an almost complete stop near downtown Orlando. I make it to my parents timeshare(Cypress Palms) about 6:30pm.

Once there my mom, sister, and I head over to MGM to watch F! The park was pretty empty so we where able to ride Star Tours, The Tower, and RNRC with virtually no wait. We rode the Tower 3 times in rapid succession. Watched F!, went back to hotel and crashed.

After a night of poor sleep, we went to the Animal Kingdom. We went right to the Kilimanjaro Safaris and got fastpasses then my sister wanted to ride the Kali River Rapid. I skipped that because I wasn't eager to get soaked that early in the morning. So I watched the Gabons while they rode it.

Went on the Safari, then onto the Pagani exploration trail which was extremely crowded.

We headed over to Dinoland USA where we saw the CM's covering up a broken down Lucky the Dinosaur. My sister and I went onto Dinosaur which had a very short line so we rode it twice. Also watched a reckless ECV user drive into about four guard rails while in line for Dinosaur.

The primeval whirl had virtually no wait so we rode it twice. And at this point we had rode everything we wanted to so we headed back to Cypress Palms around 1pm. Went swimming and ate lunch there.

My mom and sister went to Epcot while I waited around for some friends from work who were going to watch the Black Crows concert at the House of Blues. I went to their hotel and picked them up and went on over to Downtown Disney. Got drinks from a surly bartender at the House of Blues, then they went into the concert and I headed off to find a Bus that would get me close to the Magic Kingdom so I could watch Wishes. Fortunately I found a bus to the Contemporary and Poly. I got off at the Poly because I knew where the bar was. At the Poly I went down to Captain Cooks snack bar and bought a cupcake and coke. Then I watched Wishes from the Poly's beach, it was an excellent view. After Wishes I headed up to the bar for another Long Island.

Around 10:30pm I headed back to Downtown Disney and got another Long Island. I people watched my way back to the Virgin Megastore and bought Daria: Is it college yet? on DVD. It was getting close to midnight so I went back to Pleasure Island to watch the fireworks. On my way back to my truck I ran into my friends as they were leaving the concert so we headed back to PI for another drink. I followed them as they walked around the shops at PI. We all got into my truck and went to McDonalds for some food. After eating with them at their hotel I went back to Cypress Palms for sleep.

The other days comming soon.

Points of Reflection
The sour mix that Disney uses in their drinks is awful.

#2 User is offline   QuickGold 

  • Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin
  • Posts: 22,079
  • Joined: 15-July 02
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Saint Cloud, Florida

Posted 31 May 2005 - 11:56 AM

Sounds like the parks were pretty empty.

Thanks for posting John

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users