• You cannot reply to this topic

Club Level at AKL

#1 User is offline   yulilin 

• Studios God
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Disney World, Harry Potter, Star Wars and my family

Posted 14 January 2012 - 09:03 AM

Hi everyone;
My husband just surprised me for my birthday with a mini staycation 3days/2nights at AKL standard room club level. Has anyone had any experience with this? we have never stayed club level anywhere so I hope it's as good as it sounds.
The upgrade from savannah view to club level was on $14 for both nights so that's what sold him into opgrading since we would be eating there every meal and at least it looks like breakfast will be covered with CL.
Any and all info will be appreciated
Por favor mantenganse alejados de las puertas

#2 User is offline   frontiersman87 

• Studios Newbie

Posted 14 January 2012 - 09:02 PM

I have not stayed at the Animal Kingdom lodge club level, but have stayed at Old Faithful Club at the Wilderness Lodge multiple time(was just there in Dec.). The service from the cast members and food offerings are what brings me back time after time.

The service is top notice, some of the best in the Disney Resort in my opinion, they will bend over backwards to make sure you are happy and any request you may have are meet. When you enter your room for the first time, they put out a welcome letter and info about the lounge, as well as a chocolate treat and every night there is a turndown service. To emphasize the great service, during my December trip, when I was eating breakfast, I got talking with one of the cast members working there and asked what they were serving for desserts that night. He mention that they would be having strawberry cobbler as the main dish and other assortments such as cookies, brownies, and these things called Magic bars (kind of like a brownie with candy on it). I mentioned that that sounded delicious, but unfortunately I was headed to see the Osborne Lights and would miss it. That night when I got back to the room, waiting for me on the table was a large bowl of cobbler as well as one of each of the other desserts. I was beyond amazed that they did that, but that is what makes staying at club level such a great experience.

A continental breakfast is offered every morning (croissants, bagels, muffins, even hot oatmeal). During the afternoon they offer snacks (trail mix, chips, gummy bears, and uncrustables). They claim that the food offerings at night are just meant as appetizers before you head out to dinner, but there is such a good amount of choices both in the main dishes and sides that a lot of people just fill up on those and save on dinner. Then around 8pm, they bring out desserts and cordials. I do not know how it is at the Animal Kingdom Lodge, but at the Wilderness Lodge, they close the doors to the lounge in between meals. But if you need something to drink, such as soda or water, they have always gone in and have gotten it for you.

Happy Birthday and I hope you and your husband have a great trip and enjoy the Club level!

#3 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 16 January 2012 - 12:18 PM

The best club level is the Polynesian. The rest are nice in their own ways, but none compare to the Polys. That being said AKL's concierge isn't bad.

#4 User is offline   Pitti-sing 

• Studios Regular

Posted 16 January 2012 - 02:53 PM

I stayed AKL club level for a couple of days 2 or 3 years ago. It was very nice. The room we had was not on the same floor as the lounge, but we had a great view of the Savannah. There is Frunch in the lounge. ^_^ And nice appetizer type food in the evening. And you get a cool gold room key to use for the elevator.

#5 User is offline   yulilin 

• Studios God

Posted 16 January 2012 - 04:21 PM

Thanks for the replies...so can we get the food in the morning (bagels, croissants,pastries,etc.) and bring it to the room to eat breakfast? or do we need to eat at the lounge? Also will we get weird looks if only my husband and I go get food and grab enough for the kids as well? Also how does the turndown service work? do you call them and let them know you'll be out of the room so they can come in? We are going to do mini-golf on Thursday evening and EMH at Epcot Friday night. I really don't want to go to Epcot EMH but the kids want to take advantage of it.

#6 User is offline   frontiersman87 

• Studios Newbie

Posted 16 January 2012 - 10:15 PM

I would not worry about getting weird looks from the other guests, as I have seen plenty of people grab food and coffee in the morning to bring it back to their room, both for themselves and their kids, while getting ready to head out for the day. As for the turn down service, there is no need to call them to let them know when you will be in the room or not, it is just like mousekeeping. They will come around to every room in the evening and knock on the door, if you are not there they let themselves in and turn down the bed and leave a few pieces of chocolates (at the Wilderness Lodge they also leave a card with a Native American proverb written on it).

#7 User is offline   ADP 

• ADP
  • Interests:Golf, Disney, Sports Junkie!

Posted 19 January 2012 - 10:41 AM

I've stayed club level several times at AKLV. Although it has dropped in food offerings its still a great choice. I do think the staff are excellent and very accommodating. They've always been able to help us no matter what the request. They have a great drink called African Smoothie, but boy oh boy is it sweet. I do like it, but its hard not to drink too much of it. Its addicting and can cause you to go into a tizzy fit because of the high levels of sugar. :)

One of the best features of AKLV Club Level is the ability to book the Sunrise Safari. Very good and worth every penny in my opinion.

#8 User is offline   yulilin 

• Studios God

Posted 23 January 2012 - 08:16 AM

View PostADP, on 19 January 2012 - 10:41 AM, said:

I've stayed club level several times at AKLV. Although it has dropped in food offerings its still a great choice. I do think the staff are excellent and very accommodating. They've always been able to help us no matter what the request. They have a great drink called African Smoothie, but boy oh boy is it sweet. I do like it, but its hard not to drink too much of it. Its addicting and can cause you to go into a tizzy fit because of the high levels of sugar. :)

One of the best features of AKLV Club Level is the ability to book the Sunrise Safari. Very good and worth every penny in my opinion.

We enjoyed CL very much. The african smoothie is not offered anymore. There's still Jungle Juice which I love and always get it at Tusker House. We took advantage of the lounge offerings for breakfast and dinner, it's good to try new foods without having to pay for them and then you know if you don't like it. The CM were all very attentive, tried the Indaba chardonnay and loved it also Tusker Beer. In retrospect, If you are staying in the hotel for the entire day it would be worth it, but not if you go to the parks.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users