Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

MGM Meet - Day 2

#1 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 10 February 2005 - 01:08 PM

Today's gameplan was MGM. I slept so well that when I woke up I had one of those moments where I was like "Woa, where am I?". So after getting dressed and such, I got on the bus and was off to MGM.

I had free tickets (Thanks Jim!) so I had to exchange them at the ticket office. I tried to exchange all 3 at one time but each CM ticket is only good for that day so I had to do one per day. I got my ticket and waited online for the park to open. At this point I had put a MGMStudios.Org bumper sticker on my back, hoping to draw some people into the site. I never got one comment about it so maybe I need to shamelessly plug the site in some other way next time.

The park opened and I was off and first ride was Coaster. As I got to get on, I realized I was the only one on the train so I had the CM take a picture. I thought that was pretty cool.

I spent the rest of the morning going around and riding and such. For lunch, I heeded the advice of someone on the site who said the cheesesteak sandwiches at Dipsite were good. Let me tell you, it's a great value. Cheap, filling and tastes good too. I definetly recommend it.

So fast-forward a few more hours and the first two events of the Meet were to take place. Originally Jeanne and Jason were supposed to be coming but Jason had to go to a funeral so it was just me and Jeanne...............and her boyfriend :notamused:

We spent the rest of the afternoon riding Tower and coaster but then I decided we should go do Millionaire. We were only supposed to go to one show. Well that turned into 2 (and would have been more if there were more) because I got hooked.

Of course, it didn't help that I was terrible. I would do really well up to the 1000 point level and then I'd be somewhere on the leader board usually. After that though, I was no where to be found.

The funny story that came out of this whole thing was me missing the 100 point question. Here's how: The question was "What do you say when you discover something?". So I thought to myself "Oh, the answer is 'Eureka'". So A came up, B came up and C came up and no Eureka. Now my WWTBAM strategy is if my answer hasnt come up by the time C is shown but D isnt, I just hit D. Well D ended up being "Cock-a-doodle-do". The correct answer was A(A-ha!) but since I thought it would be Eureka, I got the 100 point question wrong.

For the rest of WWTBAM, Jeanne really did much better and me and we all had fun. We left MGM after the last show of WWTBAM and the reason was I demanded Waffle House for dinner. You see, I love Waffle House because we have none up here in the frigid north so my one demand was to eat at Waffle house. When we got there, I had the jukebox play a Waffle House jingle and the waitress basically yelled at me for doing that. I was too much for her. :mrgreen:

After Waffle House we decided to go to Downtown Disney for some shopping. I wanted to go swimming (since it was fairly warm and the pool was heated) so we walked around while I bought a swim suit for me, a present for friend of mine and Jeanne got some Disney board games. This was also the first time I saw a real sale at WDW. It was buy one, get one 50% off. It was a shock to me.

After DTD, Jeanne dropped me off at Pop Century and I quickly changed and went for a dip in the pool. It was so nice to be able to go for a swim in February. After my swim it was off to bed to rest up for the real MGM meet.

Things I Learned
- Disney has sales :shock:
- (Per request) Jeanne came off to me as a real sweetheart. Now, no one can be as much of a sweetie as Jillian(duh!) but Jeanne came pretty close. Drove me around, put up with my demands and kept a smile. I think deep down somewhere I might have had a concern about the meet and people not getting along but I was relieved once I met Jeanne.
- Pop Century's pools are heated.

#2 User is offline   PixieDust 

• Studios God
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Disney, music, reading, fun stuff. ;-)

Posted 10 February 2005 - 03:08 PM

YAY! Good things about me! YAY YAY YAY! lol.. See, I think I scare people because I'm so hyper... make sure you mention my dancing on day 3. lol. :-D So I thought I'd scare you...

and also you forgot about jiminy cricket matthew... you got that one wrong too. lol.

and i enjoy the mention of alan... yeah, you can pretend he wasn't there. ;-)

And the sticker was not on your back it was on your butt. Let's clear that one up, eh? :wink:

Yay for putting day two up. And I don't think I"ll go to wafflehouse with anyone but you. Why not plan a meet there? Do you think the wafflehouse could take it? Lol.

And next year, I promise to go swimming with you if you have me. I still haven't gotten to go and I'm bitter. ;)

I hope you really did have a great time cuz it was awesome meeting you and going on millionaire 80000 times. :-D I think I'm good luck, what do you think?
Jeanne
Engaged July 17th, 2008 @ Sunset Point
3/3/09 - Sunset Point Wedding
AIM: PixieSBPassion

MySpace

Glenn is my hero!!

#3 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 10 February 2005 - 04:16 PM

PixieDust said:

I think I'm good luck, what do you think?

Clearly Miri was the good luck charm, she came and I won. You're my waffle house buddy ;)

#4 User is offline   PixieDust 

• Studios God

Posted 10 February 2005 - 04:57 PM

*rolls eyes* You know how to make a girl feel like crap matt. :-D
Jeanne

MySpace

Glenn is my hero!!

#5 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 10 February 2005 - 05:43 PM

I aim to please :wink:

#6 User is offline   PixieDust 

• Studios God

Posted 10 February 2005 - 06:22 PM

Yes cuz its my dream to feel like crap everyday.
Jeanne

MySpace

Glenn is my hero!!

#7 User is offline   rob_wilson 

• Resident Game Show Expert
  • Interests:Disney, Trivia

Posted 11 February 2005 - 06:41 PM

QuickGold said:

At this point I had put a MGMStudios.Org bumper sticker on my back, hoping to draw some people into the site. I never got one comment about it so maybe I need to shamelessly plug the site in some other way next time.

Maybe if the bumper sticker had been the ONLY thing you were wearing you would have gotten the desired result. :shock:

QuickGold said:

We spent the rest of the afternoon riding Tower and coaster but then I decided we should go do Millionaire. We were only supposed to go to one show. Well that turned into 2 (and would have been more if there were more) because I got hooked.

Gee, I can't imagine how that could happen. :wink:

QuickGold said:

Of course, it didn't help that I was terrible. I would do really well up to the 1000 point level and then I'd be somewhere on the leader board usually. After that though, I was no where to be found.

Sounds like I need to be at the next meet. 8)

QuickGold said:

The funny story that came out of this whole thing was me missing the 100 point question. Here's how: The question was "What do you say when you discover something?". So I thought to myself "Oh, the answer is 'Eureka'". So A came up, B came up and C came up and no Eureka. Now my WWTBAM strategy is if my answer hasnt come up by the time C is shown but D isnt, I just hit D. Well D ended up being "Cock-a-doodle-do". The correct answer was A(A-ha!) but since I thought it would be Eureka, I got the 100 point question wrong.

For the rest of WWTBAM, Jeanne really did much better and me and we all had fun. We left MGM after the last show of WWTBAM and the reason was I demanded Waffle House for dinner.

Hmmm...I must have missed the part where you got in the Hot Seat. I assume that is coming in the report for Day 3?

By the way, I'm back from Atlanta.

Oh, and while out of town, a buddy and I went to a restaurant and played TeamTrivia. We won $50 in credit to the restaurant. Of course, we don't have the restaurant here at home, so I left it with him. He said he'd buy me dinner on my next visit. :D

Rob

#8 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 11 February 2005 - 06:59 PM

rob_wilson said:

Maybe if the bumper sticker had been the ONLY thing you were wearing you would have gotten the desired result. :shock:

There's an idea :D

rob_wilson said:

Sounds like I need to be at the next meet. 8)

We'll dominate Millionaire :king:

rob_wilson said:

Hmmm...I must have missed the part where you got in the Hot Seat. I assume that is coming in the report for Day 3?

Yep, Day 3

#9 User is offline   PixieDust 

• Studios God

Posted 12 February 2005 - 09:18 AM

I don't tknow if they'd let you in millionaire if you were only wearing the sticker...

did we get up in the fastest finger seats today too? Or was that all just tomorrow? Well today and tomorrow trip-wise... Hmm. I'll have to ponder.
Jeanne

MySpace

Glenn is my hero!!

#10 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 12 February 2005 - 09:43 AM

PixieDust said:

did we get up in the fastest finger seats today too? Or was that all just tomorrow? Well today and tomorrow trip-wise... Hmm. I'll have to ponder.

We did. We got into them for the last show when I asked the mean CM and she told me its random and then we went outside to go back in and they gave it to us randomly.

#11 User is offline   CoasterManiac45 

• Studios God

Posted 12 February 2005 - 10:48 PM

Man, this is too funny!

#12 User is offline   PixieDust 

• Studios God

Posted 13 February 2005 - 05:48 AM

Man, this is too funny!

What is too funny?
Jeanne

MySpace

Glenn is my hero!!

#13 User is offline   CoasterManiac45 

• Studios God

Posted 13 February 2005 - 10:40 AM

This conversation! :lol:

#14 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 13 February 2005 - 12:30 PM

I should also mention I asked a CM at Star Tours if I could take a picture with Rex. They almost let me do it but told me to come back later that evening but I never did. I figure no one has a pic with Rex like that before.

#15 User is offline   CoasterManiac45 

• Studios God

Posted 13 February 2005 - 01:15 PM

Cool

#16 User is offline   PixieDust 

• Studios God

Posted 13 February 2005 - 03:48 PM

This conversation!

glad that we're causing you some amusement. :-D
Jeanne

MySpace

Glenn is my hero!!

#17 User is offline   CoasterManiac45 

• Studios God