Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

MGM Meet - Day 3

#1 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 12 February 2005 - 10:16 AM

Day 3 was the real meet and I was excited to see everyone in one place. Since the meet stuff didn't start until lunch and since I had spent all day in MGM yesterday I wanted something different. But where could I go to ride 3 or 4 things for a few hours? I figured MK or EPCOT would be a waste since I'd spend more time walking than doing so I bit the bullet and went to......Animal Kingdom.

Leslie was supposed to meet me and come with me to AK but she backed out at the last minute so it was just me. Besides wanting Leslie around in general, the real reason I wanted her to come was because Dinosaur really scares me. :huh: I know, I'm 23 years old and scared of it but I am. More on that later.

So I boarded the AK bus with the other idiots who were wasting their day at AK. We got there a little before 9, followed the character float all the way into Africa where I was gonna go ride the Safari. I got on the first truck and this is by far the best ride at AK. Seeing the animals is alot of fun. After I decided not to go on Kali River Rapids becuase it was cool that morning and all I needed was to get drenched so early.

So I headed to Dino-land and rode Primevil Spin which is fun one time around but pretty cheesy. After I had to face my fears and ride Dinosaur. Once again, they managed to put me in the front row and as the ride progressed I managed this time to keep my eyes open during the end of the ride but I still wish Leslie had been there :bluecry:

After Dinosaur I got an ice cream bar (Hey, I'm on vacation) and went to go see It's A Bug's Life. I might be a bit bias but this 3D movie loses it's "replay" value after a few times, unlike MuppetVision or Philharmagic.

By now it was a little after 11 and I had done everything there is to do in the park so I was off to MGM. At this point I got a call from Jeanne telling me some bad news. Alex wasn't coming and Miri had lost my cell phone number. I thought maybe the whole thing would start to unravel. I got to MGM and headed to sit in front of Primetime. Leslie was the first to show and I told her about AK and we waited for the others. Miri and Max got to the park and we all decided to go eat at Backlot Express since it would be cheaper.

After a filling lunch of food and talling about the Marlins (Leslie's favorite), we learned that Miri had never rode Tower before and rode Coaster once :shock: I took it upon myself to get Miri to ride (and in the process annoy her till she gave in :mrgreen: ). But first we decided to go ride Backlot Tour. The pre-show was not running today although I wanted to ask to go volunteer for it although no one else wanted to. I guess everyone assumed that since I wanted to volunteer I had to go sit on the left side of the backlot tram. :spear:

After Backlot we quickly ran through One Man's Dream because Miri loved it. Leslie opted to go talk to her "cool friends" working the parade. After One Man, Miri and Max went to the bathroom while I waited for Leslie and Jeanne had called indicating she was there. So we all met up on Sunset Blvd and we were off to Tower. The original deal for Miri was she could come with us through the wait and use chicken exit if she wanted to. Also somehow it turned out that if Miri didn't like Tower she could kick me in a rather uncomfortable place :ermm: Don't ask. You had to be there. ;)

So we got to the point where they asked how many and Miri bravely volunteered to ride. So we all got on and she liked Tower alot(saving me in the process) although I will say it's good thing there were no Playhouse Disney characters in out car because the language coming from someone was not appropriate ;)

After Tower we went on Coaster although Miri opted to skip this. After I bought everyone ice cream but everyone opted to get drinks instead so I was the only one with ice cream :surprised: We headed to the hat and took some pictures and we found ourselves with some extra time before Fantasmic so I casually suggested we go to Millionaire.

As we walked into Millionaire, a CM asked how many (5 because Leslie decided to leave us :bluecry: ) and gave us passes to go sit in the fastestr finger seats. Allready a good omen. So we sat down and the show started and after goofing around it was time for business. The first person to get into the hot seat was some little kid and he was out by the 2000 point question or so. So the host checked the leaderboard and I was chanting outload my seat #(I think it was 6?) and before the first # could show up, I was out of my seat. Luckily it was my seat and everyone (Jeanne, Miri, Alan & Max) had this stunned look on their faces. We could not believe after all my talking I had gotten into the hot seat.

So I sat down and do you want to know how nervous I was? I was so nervous I passed up an opportunity to plug the site! :cantbelieve: :wha: :shock: I know, it's scary. When the host(by the way, this was Jeanne's fav host I was informed) asked me who I'm with I just said friends. I was in "Matt want's a cruise mode".

So the questions started and I tried to make some jokes and talk but no one in the audience liked any of my jokes. I almost blew it on like the 500 point question when it asked "What ride features gondaliers and mountain singers(or something to that effect)". I had no friggen clue and was gonna answer Haunted Mansion when the host was like "What ride that kids like..". The answer was Small World.

I don't remember many of the questions I had early on. Here's what I do remember (I know Rob likes to hear them):
What is the title of the play, Annie Get Your ____?
What card features a "black card"?

Anyway, I got to 16,000 and hadn't used up any of my lifelines. Oh and we had devised a cheating system between the 5 of us to cough for answers. Well let me say either they all forgot or none of them knew the answers by this point. Honestly, I started to black out at this point and I got the 125,000 point question which was:
"Norman Lear designed airplane navigation and what else?"
I remember 2 answers and one was 8 Track and the other remote control. I looked to Jeanne. She had no friggen clue. Miri; No chance either. I was on my own. I was gonna guess remote control and then I thought I heard someone behind me say "C!" which was 8 track so I figured what the hell. I guessed 8 track. Well 8 track was right. So onto 250,000. The question was: "Which university was the first to offer women a scientific labarotory?". I looked to the others and they had no idea. The only school that jumped out at me was Smith College so I guessed it but it was wrong. I had an awesome run and so much fun that I can't wait to go again (Just call me Rob). Oh and the phone a complete stranger worked for me. I forget the question but the person nailed it.

After Millionaire we went to Fantasmic were we (briefly) saw Jillian. After we went to watch the show and then decided to go watch Illuminations. So we drove over, had an emergency bathroom break and then got a spot for Illuminations while Jeanne talked to the ducks. Me and Alan got fish and chips from England and watched the show.

By now it was late so we all headed home and I was still in awe of Millionaire.

#2 User is offline   PixieDust 

• Studios God
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Disney, music, reading, fun stuff. ;-)

Posted 12 February 2005 - 10:45 AM

Jeanne fed the ducks? Yes I DID! :-D I LOOOOOVE THE DUCKIES!!! At least I wasn't feeding them chicken. :-D

I enjoy how that was mentioned that I was feeding the ducks. Apparently that stuck out in your mind that I'm crazy? lol. :-D I do odd things. Although you didn't mention my skipping... and running and just overall being hyper. lol. Seriously I'm not hyper all the time... but yeah... good job on millionaire matthew. :-D
Jeanne
Engaged July 17th, 2008 @ Sunset Point
3/3/09 - Sunset Point Wedding
AIM: PixieSBPassion

MySpace

Glenn is my hero!!

#3 User is offline   CoasterManiac45 

• Studios God

Posted 12 February 2005 - 10:45 PM

So, how far did you get anyway? And what did you win? And why didn't you advertise the site? And why am I asking you all these questions?

#4 User is offline   TinkerBell1981 

• Senior Studios Member
  • Interests:Tinker Bell, Florida Marlins, anything Disney

Posted 13 February 2005 - 03:28 AM

The duckies were the cutest!

And quit making me feel bad about my language on Tower. I feel so bad. :oops: I wasn't even thinking right when we dropped so the first things that come out of my mouth..... yea..... *sigh* By the way, I didn't like it. :twisted: JK... I loved it and I want to ride it again.

Anyway, Millionaire was fun. I really had no clue on that 8 track question and I would have kicked your butt if you guessed Haunted Mansion on the Small World question. Where the heck do you see a bunch of kids in the HM except for guests? LOL Oh, and sorry for putting you through One Man's Dream. I love going there everytime I am at MGM.

#5 User is offline   PixieDust 

• Studios God

Posted 13 February 2005 - 05:48 AM

Don't feel bad Miri about tower! I LOVE one man's dream too. Next time we need to go together. :-)

And yeah matt, why didn't you mention the site? I got drilled by you, 'if you get up there, mention you're here with people from MGMSTUDIOS.ORG,' but you, our own webmaster can't mention the site?! *sigh*
Jeanne

MySpace

Glenn is my hero!!

#6 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 13 February 2005 - 09:23 AM

CoasterManiac45 said:

So, how far did you get anyway? And what did you win? And why didn't you advertise the site? And why am I asking you all these questions?

LOst on the 250,000 point question. I won a hat, a polo shirt and pins.:|

TinkerBell1981 said:

And quit making me feel bad about my language on Tower. I feel so bad. :oops: I wasn't even thinking right when we dropped so the first things that come out of my mouth..... yea..... *sigh*

We all drop some bombs on Tower once in a while....no harm done :salut:

TinkerBell1981 said:

I would have kicked your butt if you guessed Haunted Mansion on the Small World question. Where the heck do you see a bunch of kids in the HM except for guests? LOL

I don't know what I was thinking on that question.

#7 User is offline   CoasterManiac45 

• Studios God

Posted 13 February 2005 - 10:41 AM

Hmmm. That's pretty far. :shock:

#8 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 13 February 2005 - 12:30 PM

CoasterManiac45 said:

Hmmm. That's pretty far. :shock:
So close, yet so far

#9 User is offline   CoasterManiac45 

• Studios God

Posted 13 February 2005 - 01:16 PM

lol

#10 User is offline   rob_wilson 

• Resident Game Show Expert
  • Interests:Disney, Trivia

Posted 14 February 2005 - 09:15 PM

QuickGold said:

As we walked into Millionaire, a CM asked how many (5 because Leslie decided to leave us :bluecry: ) and gave us passes to go sit in the fastestr finger seats. Allready a good omen.

That's where I was seated the time I hit the million. Seat number 4 to be exact.

QuickGold said:

So we sat down and the show started and after goofing around it was time for business. The first person to get into the hot seat was some little kid and he was out by the 2000 point question or so. So the host checked the leaderboard and I was chanting outload my seat #(I think it was 6?) and before the first # could show up, I was out of my seat. Luckily it was my seat and everyone (Jeanne, Miri, Alan & Max) had this stunned look on their faces. We could not believe after all my talking I had gotten into the hot seat.

Multiply that feeling by about 100 and you'll begin to understand how I felt when I won the Fastest Finger question for the real Hot Seat in New York. I still remember the feeling I got when I did it for the first time at MGM, too.

QuickGold said:

So I sat down and do you want to know how nervous I was? I was so nervous I passed up an opportunity to plug the site! :lol: :wha: :shock: I know, it's scary.

When you are seated in the real Hot Seat, you are lucky if you don't end up sounding like Porky Pig. One of the contestants on my show went into a mild state of shock. I thought they were going to have to call paramedics.

QuickGold said:

When the host(by the way, this was Jeanne's fav host I was informed) asked me who I'm with I just said friends. I was in "Matt want's a cruise mode".

Which host was it? Was it Don Limpkin (Lampkin?)? He's my favorite, for obvious reasons. 8)

QuickGold said:

So the questions started and I tried to make some jokes and talk but no one in the audience liked any of my jokes. I almost blew it on like the 500 point question when it asked "What ride features gondaliers and mountain singers(or something to that effect)". I had no friggen clue and was gonna answer Haunted Mansion when the host was like "What ride that kids like..". The answer was Small World.

I don't remember many of the questions I had early on. Here's what I do remember (I know Rob likes to hear them):
What is the title of the play, Annie Get Your ____?
What card features a "black card"?

You bet I do! "What card features a "black card"?" ??? Do you mean what card game? Was the answer they were looking for Rook?

QuickGold said:

Anyway, I got to 16,000 and hadn't used up any of my lifelines. Oh and we had devised a cheating system between the 5 of us to cough for answers. Well let me say either they all forgot or none of them knew the answers by this point.

Just as well because you would have all gotten reprimanded for that. A friend of mine got in trouble for just trying to jot down my questions for me one time and that was just for trip report purposes. They don't take kindly to people cheating. I've heard them threaten to throw out questions if they suspected something like that.

QuickGold said:

Honestly, I started to black out at this point and I got the 125,000 point question which was:
"Norman Lear designed airplane navigation and what else?"
I remember 2 answers and one was 8 Track and the other remote control. I looked to Jeanne. She had no friggen clue. Miri; No chance either. I was on my own. I was gonna guess remote control and then I thought I heard someone behind me say "C!" which was 8 track so I figured what the hell. I guessed 8 track. Well 8 track was right. So onto 250,000. The question was: "Which university was the first to offer women a scientific labarotory?". I looked to the others and they had no idea. The only school that jumped out at me was Smith College so I guessed it but it was wrong. I had an awesome run and so much fun that I can't wait to go again (Just call me Rob). Oh and the phone a complete stranger worked for me. I forget the question but the person nailed it.

What was the answer to the college question?

QuickGold said:

After Millionaire we went to Fantasmic were we (briefly) saw Jillian. After we went to watch the show and then decided to go watch Illuminations. So we drove over, had an emergency bathroom break and then got a spot for Illuminations while Jeanne talked to the ducks. Me and Alan got fish and chips from England and watched the show.

By now it was late so we all headed home and I was still in awe of Millionaire.

And rightly so. It isn't everyone that makes the Hot Seat and even fewer get as high as you did. You should definitely be proud.

Now that you have the Millionaire bug, we have to try to meet up sometime. Any chance of you going down in early June for Star Wars Weekends? The Star Wars version of the show is a hoot. I wouldn't want to try sitting in the Hot Seat during an all Star Wars show, but it is definitely worth seeing.

#11 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 15 February 2005 - 12:56 PM

rob_wilson said:

Which host was it? Was it Don Limpkin (Lampkin?)? He's my favorite, for obvious reasons. 8)

Jeanne knows his name I think. I forgot. He shaves his head...thats the best description I can give you.

rob_wilson said:

You bet I do! "What card features a "black card"?" ??? Do you mean what card game? Was the answer they were looking for Rook?

Sorry, what credit card. The answer is American Express. I knew that because a few weeks ago they were talking about the Black card on the radio.

rob_wilson said:

What was the answer to the college question?

Some college that started with an A that was an all girls school. I forget now exactly.

rob_wilson said:

Now that you have the Millionaire bug, we have to try to meet up sometime. Any chance of you going down in early June for Star Wars Weekends? The Star Wars version of the show is a hoot. I wouldn't want to try sitting in the Hot Seat during an all Star Wars show, but it is definitely worth seeing.

First, I would have no shot at all at Star Wars questions. I'm not that much of a geek. I'll stick with general WWTBAM. My next possible trip would be sometime in May. June is too hot and crowded.

#12 User is offline   rob_wilson 

Posted 15 February 2005 - 02:01 PM

QuickGold said:

Jeanne knows his name I think. I forgot. He shaves his head...thats the best description I can give you.

Doesn't sound like Don.

QuickGold said:

First, I would have no shot at all at Star Wars questions. I'm not that much of a geek. I'll stick with general WWTBAM. My next possible trip would be sometime in May. June is too hot and crowded.

The way they play the game on Star Wars Weekends is that the first two shows of each day are all Star Wars questions. The rest of the shows are the usual general knowledge stuff.

Unfortunately, my kids are in school until the very end of May. That's why we usually try to get down there the first week or so of June. The parks haven't had a chance to get that crowded yet and likewise it isn't yet as hot as it will get later in June/July/August.

Rob

#13 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 15 February 2005 - 04:19 PM

rob_wilson said:

Unfortunately, my kids are in school until the very end of May. That's why we usually try to get down there the first week or so of June. The parks haven't had a chance to get that crowded yet and likewise it isn't yet as hot as it will get later in June/July/August.

My advice to you Rob is leave the kids at home ;) Call it a "business trip"

#14 User is offline   PixieDust 

• Studios God

Posted 15 February 2005 - 07:40 PM

For some reason I think it starts with a B but I know for sure cuz my boyfriend wants to go play millionaire for 3 hours on thursday or friday. We're bound to have him be the house once, so I'll note it and let everyone know for sure. :-)
Jeanne

MySpace

Glenn is my hero!!

#15 User is offline   rob_wilson 

Posted 15 February 2005 - 08:03 PM

PixieDust said:

For some reason I think it starts with a B but I know for sure cuz my boyfriend wants to go play millionaire for 3 hours on thursday or friday. We're bound to have him be the house once, so I'll note it and let everyone know for sure. :-)

From the "shaves his head" and "starts with a B" clues, I think I can safely say you are talking about Brian Brightman. My wife likes him. Though she didn't hear him at the time, he called her a Jane Seymour lookalike once as she left the stage after being in the Hot Seat. I probably shouldn't have fed her ego by telling her that, but I'm a good husband. ;)

Rob

#16 User is offline   DisneyFreak1228 

• Studios God

Posted 16 February 2005 - 10:04 AM

*sighs* Excuse me for "ditching" you that morning. It's not my fault I couldn't make it, I did still have to take care of my little one, you know.
And after being at the park from 11:00a to 5:30p...that's a long time. Again, you forget that I have a little one.

Jeanne and I were telling Miri to say she didn't like Tower even if she did, just so we could see her kick Matt. We even offered to pay to see it ;)
*Leslie Ivette*

#17 User is offline   PixieDust 

• Studios God

Posted 16 February 2005 - 02:15 PM

Leslie! :-D Lol. Miri, you should have kicked him, or just given me or leslie the rights to kick him. :-D

Leslie, I looove your little one. Well I love lil kids I haven't seen yours but yeah. I'm jealous. lol :-)
Jeanne

MySpace

Glenn is my hero!!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users