Studios Central: What would you do with Sounds Dangerous - Studios Central

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What would you do with Sounds Dangerous How would you change things?

#21 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 29 July 2009 - 10:53 AM

What I like about the THX idea is that it's a "quick fix", meaning it wouldn't take a whole lot to retro-fit the current attraction into the new one. I'd love for a dark ride or something like that but I think it'd be more realistic to expect a new show in the same building than Disney knocking the whole thing down.

#22 User is offline   TijuanaTaxi 

• Studios Newbie
  • Group: Members

Posted 04 September 2009 - 01:04 AM

I walk by there twice a day with my cast and we often blue-sky what might be good in there.
What would be awesome since it's so close to 'Lucasland' would be to have an attraction similar to the old Monster show, but show the process of a special effect shot and how much work goes into something like 30 seconds of an effects-laden film (like the bonus content on the Clone Wars dvd where they show you the time, money, people and labor that go into creating just 30 seconds of screen time). You could have the guests create foley sounds, music and even have someone jump into the scene via green-screen. Somehow come up with a plot that includes the entire audience (like maybe King Kong escaping from the stage in New York). Since everyone's in the film doing something (even the audience gets some screen time), sell small dvds (but seriously...who uses dvds anymore...that's SO 1998) or downloadable content of the show at the front of the park for guests to purchase. They'll be more inclined since they're in it.
At the end, the host could show some 'exclusive' content from an upcoming Disney film. Ads and this 'exclusive' could also be included on the content they purchase to sort of virally promote new product. Make the content interactive and drive people to movie sites, promos or whatever the flavor of the month is and BAM! Cash flow and happy guests who can show their friends how cool Disney is.
Great topic!
Oh...and have Ben Burtt do the intro...I bow to the man. And during Star Wars Weekends? Have the FX guys give talks about things they've worked on or are currently working on that tie in with Disney to get people excited. It'd be cool to listen to Matt Wood or Rob Coleman talk about their careers and see their work in such an intimate setting.

#23 User is offline   GrumpyFan 

• Studios Newbie

Posted 04 September 2009 - 03:42 PM

Some great ideas have been presented. I really like the idea of a THX branded attraction. That really seems like it would be a big hit. They could call it something like "The Disney/THX Sound Show".

A thought I had that draws on several of the ideas already presented would be to use clips (60-90 seconds) from various Disney/Pixar movies and make them available for re-mastering the sound. They could pick a dozen or so scenes from various movies, let the audience vote on which one they wanted while in the queue. Then, once entering the theater, the CM would pick people at random for the voiceovers required. The clip could then be played thru, pausing at the points where sound effects were needed, and display a pop-up of 4 or 5 sounds and play each one allowing the audience to vote/pick the one to use. The voiceover people picked could be off-stage in a sound room and nobody in the theater would hear what they're saying until the end when everything is replayed. The audience could also pick background music if it was a dance scene of video montage.

#24 User is offline   Studio Kid 

• Studios Veteran
  • Interests:Visiting the Studios

Posted 07 September 2009 - 07:19 AM

How about THX- Are You Listening? It would be like your in a sound studio with George Lucas and needs your help (he tells you through the earphones). He has a new film about to premiere and needs you to add certain sound effects to parts of his film. The host would pick at least 5 guest a show and there would be 4 different movies in rotation throughout the day. I know its a little fuzzy but how about that?

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users