• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Disney @ the Dr in MN?!

#1 User is offline   MaxiBarns 

• Studios Veteran
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Running, Eating, Laughing, Running, Eating, Laughing

Posted 02 July 2010 - 05:29 PM

I had an appt today w/my new Physical Therapist (head/neck injury.) She asked me what I would like to be able to do that I can't do now..."Run in Disney 1/2 marathon" I said... She proceeds to tell me she has done several Disney races, but not only that, she used to be a face character (Princess Jasmine) at Akershus, Pocahontas only in Fantasmic, fur characters Pluto, Buzz & was in an original performer for Tapestry of Nations. She told me she was there in 2003, the year we went w/my girls to Akershus...she told me if she's not in the picture, one of her friends will be. (Checking pictures tonight, too bad they're not digital)

#2 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 05 July 2010 - 11:45 AM

It's a small world after all...

#3 User is offline   BugeyedMuggy 

• Studios Newbie

Posted 06 July 2010 - 06:26 AM

I was talking to a girl at a winery in CT and found out she was Snow White. I told her I had probly gotten an autograph from her. :)

#4 User is offline   MaxiBarns 

• Studios Veteran
  • Interests:Running, Eating, Laughing, Running, Eating, Laughing

Posted 11 July 2010 - 11:22 PM

it wasn't her, but several of the other princesses were her friends, still kind of weird & cool. It's kind of fun Disney geeking out during my appointments. If she can help my neck heal...just one more reason to love Disney.

Have any of you had experiences like this?

#5 User is offline   COH#1fan 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Disney, travel, comics, live performance

Posted 12 July 2010 - 07:30 AM

The only Disney Character experience I've ever had was surprisingly not with real Characters. This was with streetmosphere.

Once upon a time, I was registered with a message board (that shall not be named because it has a reputation), and in one of the threads someone by the name of Francis Floot started divulging information about the Citizens of Hollywood and taking compliments as to how funny he was. After I had left that accursed board (that still is holding my name hostage), I did some investigating on my own and discovered his true identity, learned more about his background, and thanks to the advent of Facebook we can now keep on top of each other. Pretty soon, others on the "Book Of Many Faces" came forth.

Naturally, I am bound by obligation to protect their identites, though I'm sure folks like Maureen and them do the same. I haven't met anyone who has played a Disney Character, thus reinforcing the fact that Disney Characters are not as real as the Citizens of Hollywood.
"In an age of fads, copycats, and rapidly changing trends, you have chosen to stand out from the rest and be an individual. We applaud your courage and self-expression. Thanks for being a part of our show today. Don't ever change. The world needs more people with your spirit." - The Citizens of Hollywood

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users