Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Happy 8th anniversary Studios Central

#1 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 22 April 2010 - 10:42 AM

Today marks the 8th anniversary of Studios Central/MGMStudios.org and I can't help but take a moment to reflect on this past year and years past.

The biggest change this year was the site welcomed some new writers to the staff. Aaron DelPrince and Chris Reid joined us in February of 2010 as columnists for the site and they've already begun writing some really great articles along with Jennifer that really add some interesting takes on Disney and the Studios. As a whole, I'm really proud of the fact we have daily content every weekday now and the content tends to be really good. I hope you all have had a chance to read some of the interesting articles that are posted and if not, stop by StudiosCentral.com every day and see what's new.

Since our last anniversary, we've launched a new site design that I think really looks great and I want to thank Andy and Cory for helping me with the design of the site. In addition, we've (re)launched Studios Central Radio and I'm hoping the third time is the charm now. :D Seriously, I do think Studios Central Radio offers some great tracks to listen to and I'm hopeful it will continue to blossom and attract more and more listeners.

The aspect of this site I'm most proud of is the Studios Central community and all of you that take some time every day to stop by and post on here or send feedback on Twitter or Facebook. The simple fact this site has been going for 8 years is a shock to me but the people and friends that I've met because of this site have really enriched my life and I look forward everyday to stopping by the site to "talk" with you all. I think the fact that during our chats, we mostly know each other all by first names and can joke with each other about a lot of things, that it's something special we all share and I'm hopeful this will be one aspect of this site that never changes.

Looking forward to this coming year, I'm excited about some ideas I have for the site and the community. I want to continue to hold events that include all of you, whether they are online or in the parks. Studios Central was created upon the idea of creating the place online for information Disney's Hollywood Studios and that has evolved to also be the place online for fans of the Studios and I'm hoping to continue to foster that idea.

To everyone who visits this site, whether you've posted a thousand times or just read passively, I want to thank you for your patronage and I hope you'll find even more compelling reasons to visit this site in the coming year.

Happy 8th anniversary!

#2 User is offline   yulilin 

• Studios God
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Disney World, Harry Potter, Star Wars and my family

Posted 22 April 2010 - 12:09 PM

:D Congrats to Studioscentral and to you, Matt. It's nice to have a place to go to where you can meet and talk to other Disney fans, it's been fun meeting some of you guys in person and having shared experiences together. Looking forward to more years of fun with all of you....now I feel the urgent need to go buy a cake :rolleyes: ;) ;)
Por favor mantenganse alejados de las puertas

#3 User is offline   darthstich 

• Dark Lord of the Stitch
  • Interests:Disney, Star Wars

Posted 22 April 2010 - 02:41 PM

Wow. 8 years is an extremely long time in the Virtual world. Congrats!

#4 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 22 April 2010 - 06:33 PM

View Postyulilin, on Apr 22 2010, 01:09 PM, said:

now I feel the urgent need to go buy a cake :rolleyes: :icon_cheers: :icon_cheers:

Did I mention that nothing says happy anniversary like a fudgy the whale cake from carvel? ;)

#5 User is offline   TheInfrequentVisitor 

• Studios Veteran
  • Interests:Disney, Music, Movies

Posted 23 April 2010 - 12:45 PM

Congratulations! I hope Studios Central has many more anniversaries.

#6 User is offline   acp 

• Studios God

Posted 23 April 2010 - 01:44 PM

Whee :icon_cheers: Even though I've not been around on the site for all 8 years, Studios Central remains one of the very few sites I actually pay attention to :icon_cheers:

Here's to the next 8 :rolleyes:

Andy.
Andy.
Former Disney-MGM Studios Cast Member.

Studios Central Worlds Apart Column

#7 User is offline   ADP 

• ADP
  • Interests:Golf, Disney, Sports Junkie!

Posted 23 April 2010 - 10:18 PM

Happy Aniversary to Studioscentral! I've really enjoyed the uniqueness of this site; a place devoted primarily to Hollywood Studios. Here's to many more years of discussing Hollywood Studios with friends and fans alike. :icon_cheers:

#8 User is offline   HDLady 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Harleys, my pets and WDW!!!

Posted 25 April 2010 - 10:51 PM

Happy anniversary Studios Central and congrats to you, Matt, for making it such a success. We all appreciate all the time you devote to the site so we can all share our love of the Studios!
Debbie
DVC Old Key West 9/27- 10/5/2013 for Food & Wine w/ friends from NJ
Board of Directors Member & Treasurer, The ConGaloosh Society, Inc., a 501(3)c not-for-profit

ConGaloosh 2013 - September 27 - 29, 2013
www.congaloosh.org

#9 User is offline   MaxiBarns 

• Studios Veteran
  • Interests:Running, Eating, Laughing, Running, Eating, Laughing

Posted 28 April 2010 - 04:05 PM

[quote name='acp' date='Apr 23 2010, 01:44 PM' post='86280']
"Whee :salut: Even though I've not been around on the site for all 8 years, Studios Central remains one of the very few sites I actually pay attention to :)"

Ditto for me too, Andy!! I also think the success of a site or anything for that matter has a lot to do w/the leadership. I have virtually met a few of you & look forward to meeting you in person, one day! I can't wait to meet MJM at the next1/2 marathon, I hear he will be leading my cheering section!!!

-Kristen

#10 User is offline   Mouseoholic 

• Studios Newbie

Posted 02 May 2010 - 08:56 PM

Congrats Matt! This is an excellent site for all things Studios. I love the new look/feel of the site. Your website and podcast are a testament to your love for Disney. Keep up the good work. :D

Mouseoholic

#11 User is offline   Chastian 

• Studios Newbie

Posted 04 May 2010 - 08:02 AM

I know im late, but I just wanted to say thanks for having this website. I was a passive reader for a long time. Im going to Disney May 20-27 and this place has really helped out my planning and overall exitement for the event. Its really great that you guys do this.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users