• You cannot reply to this topic

Attention Annual Passholders Another EVent

#1 User is offline   yulilin 

• Studios God
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Disney World, Harry Potter, Star Wars and my family

Posted 24 June 2009 - 10:29 AM

Special Passholder event: "Vacation As You Wish"

From July 10-12, Disney Vacation Club invites you to attend "Vacation As You Wish," a special sales presentation featuring an interactive show that reveals how you can save more, get more, and do more than you ever dreamed possible. Plus, you will be able to enjoy character greetings, tasty treats, exclusive giveaways, and a guided tour of the still-unopened Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort. Space is limited, so reserve your spot today and forever change the way you vacation!

Event Details

Event Dates: July 10 -12, 2009
Event Times: July 10 - 7:00pm, July 11 - 3:00pm, July 12 - 3:00pm. Show will last approximately 2 hours.
Check-in Location: Ballroom of the Americas, Disney's Contemporary Resort.
Parking: Contemporary Resort parking lot be sure to mention you are a Passholder to be allowed in.
Check-in Time: 45 minutes prior to show time.
Sign-up now!

Additional Information
Passholders need to sign up for the event, due to limited capacity.
Passholders need to bring their confirmation slip, their valid Disney pass and a photo ID at the time of check-in.
Por favor mantenganse alejados de las puertas

#2 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 24 June 2009 - 11:03 AM

In this case, "Special AP event" = sales event, although tour of Bay Lake Tower is cool.

#3 User is offline   HDLady 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Harleys, my pets and WDW!!!

Posted 24 June 2009 - 12:46 PM

I'm guessing the even the sales pitch will be entertaining. When we went on one prior to purchasing OKW (when it was still called DVC), it was a blast. They took our photos and superimposed them into a hot air baloon and gave them to us with no pressure. to purchase. I'm going just to see BLT so I can compare to OKW........
Debbie
DVC Old Key West 9/27- 10/5/2013 for Food & Wine w/ friends from NJ
Board of Directors Member & Treasurer, The ConGaloosh Society, Inc., a 501(3)c not-for-profit

ConGaloosh 2013 - September 27 - 29, 2013
www.congaloosh.org

#4 User is offline   ADP 

• ADP
  • Interests:Golf, Disney, Sports Junkie!

Posted 24 June 2009 - 02:01 PM

I'll be interested to see what the special incentives will be as part of this tour. some of the DVC purchase incentives have been off the charts great lately.

#5 User is offline   yulilin 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Disney World, Harry Potter, Star Wars and my family

Posted 24 June 2009 - 03:13 PM

Do you think this will be worth going if you're not really interested in the whole DVC buying idea?? I have my two kids and would like to tour the new property but not sure if they'll be at all interested in spending 2 hours listening to someone talk about DVC. Haven't signed up yet for this one.
Por favor mantenganse alejados de las puertas

#6 User is offline   HDLady 

• Studios God

Posted 25 June 2009 - 06:40 AM

Hmmmm, tough to tell but, generally, the DVC's sales pitch is pretty low key and entertaining. They also said someplace that there would be an area for kids over 3 (I forget exactly what they called it) so, worst case, the kids could hang w/ other kids & do Disney stuff or all 3 of you could just leave the pitch early if it's incredibly awful (which I doubt). I'm not purchasing any add'l DVC points but am just curious to see BLT rooms so I can compare w/ OKW and AKL (staying there in January - Savannah view!!!!). I'm going to the 7/11 sales pitch on Saturday in case the pitch is awful and you believe in the "misery loves company" theory!!!!
Debbie
Board of Directors Member & Treasurer, The ConGaloosh Society, Inc., a 501(3)c not-for-profit

www.congaloosh.org

#7 User is offline   Jeanine 

• Senior Studios Member

Posted 26 June 2009 - 06:05 PM

I went to the Grand Californian DVC presentation out here, just for the novelty. It was relatively entertaining--they gave out folders and had vaguely amusing presentations on the properties. Then afterwards they had a "dance party" with various characters and a DJ, and desserts. The cookies were good.

#8 User is offline   gsonoda 

• Studios Veteran
  • Group: Moderators
  • Interests:I am a fan of hilarity.

Posted 10 July 2009 - 12:16 PM

I'm all confirmed for the DVC AP thing-a-ma-bob tomorrow, July 11th. I don't remember the time off the top of my head. Anyone else in attendance tomorrow?
Glenn

The reigning Star Wars Trivia Champion - 2008 and 2009

"Upon entering the theater, please move as far to the end of the row as possible. Stopping in the middle is distinctly unpatriotic."

#9 User is offline   HDLady 

• Studios God

Posted 11 July 2009 - 09:04 AM

Hey, Glenn-
Claude & I are going to be there today (Sat.).
Debbie

www.congaloosh.org

#10 User is offline   ADP 

• ADP
  • Interests:Golf, Disney, Sports Junkie!

Posted 12 July 2009 - 08:29 AM

View PostHDLady, on Jul 11 2009, 10:04 AM, said:

Hey, Glenn-
Claude & I are going to be there today (Sat.).

Did you and Glenn get a chance to meet up?

#11 User is offline   HDLady 

• Studios God

Posted 12 July 2009 - 11:05 AM

Yes, we did catch up wioth each other. The "sales pitch" was quite entertaining and not at all high pressure like "normal" sales pitches. I do think, though, that DVC sells itself for the most part. They had a group of 4 a capella singers, a dude - The Wishmeister - with the energy of Richard Simmons dressed up like the Mad Hatter but in white and silver. He sounds obnoxious but was rather entertaining, somehow. They also had a few cute giveaways - a luggage tag, nicely decorated rice krispy treat, a portfolio and cheap binoculars that every attendee received. After the presentation, they had a dance party with Mickey, Minnie, Goofy & Pluto in attendance as well as an energetic DJ. They served finger sandwiches, fresh fruit, soft drinks & Disney ice cream bars. We then went on thr tour of BLT which was VERY cool. The views from the bridge linking the Contemporary with BLT were amazing and I can only imagine how awesome they will be at night. The lounge also has great view of WDW. They took us on tour of a 2 story Grand Villa and the decor is very in keeping with the Comtemporary... reminds me of very upscale apartments/condos I've been to in NYC. It did have less space than the Grand Villa at OKW (my home DVC) but the BLT space is very well utilized and very functional. The great views and proximity to MK make up for the smaller space. The only thing I found as a negative was the single person sized jetted tub in the master bath. The one at OKW can easily fit 2 people.
Debbie

www.congaloosh.org

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users