Studios Central: Best Steakhouse in WDW - Studios Central

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Best Steakhouse in WDW

#1 User is offline   MJMcBride 

• Safari Mike
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:star wars, sci-fi, fantasy sports, superheroes, chasing my kids and chasing my wife

Posted 20 May 2008 - 09:17 PM

What do we think is the best steakhouse in the "World"?
JAMBO EVERYONE!

Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

#2 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 20 May 2008 - 09:53 PM

I'm eating at Yachtsman next month so I will withhold judgement until then :lol:

#3 User is offline   COH#1fan 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Disney, travel, comics, live performance

Posted 21 May 2008 - 05:24 AM

Go for it, Matt. My Friend swears by it. Hopefully you'll get the table that's served by Oscar.
"In an age of fads, copycats, and rapidly changing trends, you have chosen to stand out from the rest and be an individual. We applaud your courage and self-expression. Thanks for being a part of our show today. Don't ever change. The world needs more people with your spirit." - The Citizens of Hollywood

#4 User is offline   ghost1000 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 21 May 2008 - 08:49 AM

I would say Yachtsman Steakhouse or Le Cellier. I had a filet at Le Cellier that I could cut with my fork. And my meal at Yachtsman was excellent.

If you're looking for a variety, I would recommend Yachtsman Steakhouse. They have more options available (chateaubriand, rib-eye, filet, porterhouse, and strip steak). Le Cellier only has filets, herb crusted prime rib, and strip steak.
~~ Rita

#5 User is offline   Howie 

• Senior Studios Member
  • Interests:Family, WDW

Posted 21 May 2008 - 09:04 AM

shulas by far; yachtsman is hit and miss for us; here is a review of one of my experiences at shulas in response to someone asking whether it is worth it or not; this is from when i devoured the 48 oz porterhouse and got my name on their wall at the dolphin:

Yes it is definitely worth it. I live on Long Island and am surrounded by some of the finest steakhouses from Peter Lugers on down and I found Shulas at WDW to be excellent in every quality. In fact I was able to get my name on their wall by consuming their 48 oz porterhouse which was one of the finest pieces of meat I have ever eaten. I will attach a section from a trip report of mine here to give you some details of the restaurant:

'We were a little early for dinner which was at 6 so susan went to the shops to pickup some presents we needed for new babies and other people we know and sarah and i checked out Shulas. One problem seemed to come up-the menu outside the restaurant said 'smart business casual dress'. Oh no!!! Could i not get in due to wearing shorts? Harrys never had a problem with that. So as a couple of very good-looking and smartly dressed hostesses approached us i quickly said to sarah so that they could hear, 'yes sarah-that is the great big steak that daddy is going to eat so he could have his name on the wall here'. It seemed to work because they smiled and chuckled at us and when susan came over we checked in with them at the podium and i started telling them how i wanted the whole thing but susan was going to eat a piece if i ordered it and on and on........So of course we got seated in shorts and all and began to order.

Up to now i havent talked about specifics at any of the restaurants but you can be sure i ate well, usually MEAT, like veal chop at alfredos after pasta and veal chop at BD after appy etc. But for this experience i will go into a little more detail ;-). First i had the beefsteak tomato and gorgonzola salad which was humongous and susan and sarah split one. They left some over but i totalled mine. Then came the steak-a huge, thick, UNCUT, beautiful black and blue masterpiece. Along with it i ordered the creamed spinach and their hash brown potato "cake". Susan did pull her move and sliced off about 3 oz for them to take back and cook a bit more for her and sarah. I felt betrayed lol. But i gobbled down everything else which made up for more than 3 oz of meat. Now the salad was delicious, the creamed spinach was perfect, and the hash brown pie just melted in my mouth and tasted like butter. The steak itself was so tender with a nice cool center. I ate everything and just left the bone, after surgically debriding every last piece of meat there was. Then for dessert i had their delicious and double sized creme brulee. Then they came over to the table with a card to fill out congratulating me on my feat. Although i am a very good schmoozer, i felt it would be wrong of me to accept this honor after susan had cut away some of my glory lol. So i told them that i couldnt accept the nomination. They laughed and said that since i ate everything else on the table which most people who order the steak dont really do to leave room, they would take that into account and allow me the honor. So i think ill take it since i could have eaten a 5 lber that night with all the trimmings. They will have a website up soon and ill also be there along with being on their wall. I am officially a member of Shulas 48 oz steak eaters club :-). And one last note about steak at disneyworld, I really didnt partake in the discussion about Yachtsmans because i didnt want to upset anyone in the room, but after eating there 4 or 5 times i felt that it was hit and miss and not always up to their best. But if you really want steak at wdw Shulas is it. They have plenty of other shapes and sizes too by the way.

since then i have eaten there a few more times and even at the one in NYC which doesnt have a wall to put your name on but has a laptop as you enter where you can see your name lol;

#6 User is offline   Burnie 

• Studios Newbie
  • Interests:Family, Disney, Technology

Posted 21 June 2008 - 12:12 AM

I have the steak twice at Brown Derby. Both times the service and the steaks were wonderful. I am a little bit of a steak snob because I make the best steak at home.

#7 User is offline   ADP 

• ADP
  • Interests:Golf, Disney, Sports Junkie!

Posted 21 June 2008 - 06:36 PM

Basing my decision on where I've dined.
Shula's
Yachtman
Le Cellier

#8 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 21 June 2008 - 08:16 PM

ADP said:

Basing my decision on where I've dined.
Shula's
Yachtman
Le Cellier
I've heard very good things about Shulas as well

#9 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 25 June 2008 - 11:29 AM

I had an amazing rib eye at Yachtsman last night...probably the best steak I've ever had. It is expensive to eat there but the food is worth it and you will leave feeling satisfied and full. Besides the steak, the bread you get is awesome as well!

#10 User is offline   MJMcBride 

• Safari Mike
  • Interests:star wars, sci-fi, fantasy sports, superheroes, chasing my kids and chasing my wife

Posted 09 July 2008 - 09:01 PM

QuickGold said:

I had an amazing rib eye at Yachtsman last night...probably the best steak I've ever had. It is expensive to eat there but the food is worth it and you will leave feeling satisfied and full. Besides the steak, the bread you get is awesome as well!

Thanks for the review, Matt
JAMBO EVERYONE!

Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

#11 User is offline   bjohnson 

• Studios Newbie

Posted 09 July 2008 - 10:41 PM

I like the Yachtsman experience on the whole, but I love Le Cellier's bread. Plus the last time I was at Yachtsman the service was AWFUL. Still, while I do enjoy Le Cellier, I'd have to say Yachtsman's the best overall.

#12 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 10 July 2008 - 11:09 AM

Welcome to Studios Central bjohnson!

#13 User is offline   Matt Hart 

• Studios Veteran
  • Interests:Golf, Disney (duh)

Posted 18 July 2008 - 08:20 PM

Shula's

#14 User is offline   Studio Kid 

• Studios Veteran
  • Interests:Visiting the Studios

Posted 23 July 2008 - 09:55 PM

Tepan Edo at Epcot's Japan

#15 User is offline   Rodders 

• Studios Veteran
  • Interests:Rugby League, Music, Disney and Booze

Posted 13 October 2008 - 08:11 AM

Errr, can I vote for the Chicken at Narcoossee's?

I don't like steak you see :lol:
Stopping in the middle is distinctly unpatriotic

#16 User is offline   Rinjo 

• Studios God
  • Interests:My Children and Family, Disney, Games, UFC

Posted 13 October 2008 - 10:00 PM

Yahctsman. Best steak I have ever had by far.

#17 User is offline   YoPaulie 

• Senior Studios Member

Posted 18 December 2008 - 04:38 PM

Yachtsman.

Not only did they have fantastic steak, but my 2 year old daughter had steak... and a cool desert.

Please read my blog, The World by Day
Follow me on Twitter! YoPaulieNJ

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users