• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Impromptu Trip - Help!

#1 User is offline   TheInfrequentVisitor 

• Studios Veteran
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Disney, Music, Movies

Posted 06 October 2009 - 06:39 PM

Today I decided on and began planning for my next trip to the World, which happens to be (gulp) in less than two weeks. The price was right, and I have the method and the opportunity....

But I have a couple questions. One, I'll be down for food and wine, and I don't know the first thing about how it works. How do I go about taking in this global culinary fiesta? Also, is it possible to sufficiently do both Future World and food and wine in one day?

Additionally, I saw a while back on WDW Today a chart showing how far in advance you need to make reservations for in-park restaurants. This was really helpful, so I was wondering, is there such a chart for resort restaurants?

Thanks in advance, folks. For someone who hasn't been down that much, and never on such short notice, this is a tad bit daunting, but at the same time, it's kind of euphoric making such an impromptu visit.

#2 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 06 October 2009 - 06:43 PM

Food and Wine basically works like this. There are a number of booths for each country around World showcase. At each country are 2 or 3 food items and 2 or 3 beverages to choose from. Each item can vary in price from $2-5 each. So you walk around and if something sounds good, you get on line and order it. Each size of the item are like samples, or usually the size of hors d'oeuvres.

Make a list of restaurants you want to eat at and look at your park schedule and call up and see what you can still get. In general, in park restaurants fill up more quickly than resort restaurants and the restaurants in the "less popular" resorts have the best chances for reservations.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users