Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Obi-wanna be question

#1 User is offline   Figaro 

• Studios God
  • Group: Members

Posted 08 May 2005 - 09:05 AM

Stupid question...and I think I know the answer already but I figured I'd ask.....
The kids don't get to keep the robes and lightsabers if they participate in this, right? DS would be thrilled if he gets picked! He's got 6-7 lightsabers already so he really doesn't need another one, but that would be some great freebie LOL

#2 User is offline   Figaro 

• Studios God

Posted 08 May 2005 - 09:24 AM

Also, how hard is the Padawan Mind Challenge? I think DS would be really good at it, but he is 5. The kid blows me away with some of the trivial info he comes out with about Star Wars.

He already gets that "teenager rolling eyes into the back of the head" look when I call something by the wrong name. I get the big sigh and then MOOOOOMMMMMMMYYYY.......the kid may not make it to his teenage years at this rate :cry: Fortunately, it's only with Star Wars stuff right now!

#3 User is offline   rob_wilson 

• Resident Game Show Expert
  • Interests:Disney, Trivia

Posted 08 May 2005 - 01:10 PM

Figaro said:

Also, how hard is the Padawan Mind Challenge? I think DS would be really good at it, but he is 5. The kid blows me away with some of the trivial info he comes out with about Star Wars.

He already gets that "teenager rolling eyes into the back of the head" look when I call something by the wrong name. I get the big sigh and then MOOOOOMMMMMMMYYYY.......the kid may not make it to his teenage years at this rate :) Fortunately, it's only with Star Wars stuff right now!

Figaro,

The Padawan Mind Challenge has some fairly easy Star Wars questions. More importantly, though they do eliminate children after each question, all of the kids get the same prize at the end whether they win or lose. At least, that is what they have done in the past.

As to your other question about the Jedi training, I do not believe that the kids get to keep the lightsabers. However, the first two shows of Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - Play It! each day are Star Wars themed and the host generally comes out wielding a lightsaber and hands it to one lucky child in the audience.

Rob

#4 User is offline   PixieDust 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Disney, music, reading, fun stuff. ;-)

Posted 08 May 2005 - 05:15 PM

About keeping the light sabor, I saw them collecting them after the experience so I'm pretty sure you don't get to keep them. :-)
Jeanne
Engaged July 17th, 2008 @ Sunset Point
3/3/09 - Sunset Point Wedding
AIM: PixieSBPassion

MySpace

Glenn is my hero!!

#5 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 08 May 2005 - 06:08 PM

Be sure to take pics of your DS doing the Obi-wanna-be game so we can see how he did

#6 User is offline   Figaro 

• Studios God

Posted 08 May 2005 - 07:34 PM

How do the kids get picked for the Padawan Mind Challenge? Is it the same as Obi Wanna Be? Do they just pick kids out of the crowd?

#7 User is offline   rob_wilson 

• Resident Game Show Expert
  • Interests:Disney, Trivia

Posted 09 May 2005 - 05:40 AM

Figaro said:

How do the kids get picked for the Padawan Mind Challenge? Is it the same as Obi Wanna Be? Do they just pick kids out of the crowd?

In the past there has been a table set up near where Radio Disney used to be (around the corner from Sounds Dangerous). At the table they have SWW information as well as sign-up sheets for the Padawan Mind Challenge as well as the Star Wars trivia contest for the older kids and adults. If your child wants to participate, you should head there as soon as you arrive at the park and sign up.

Rob

#8 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 09 May 2005 - 12:03 PM

Like Rob said, be sure to get your child signed up ASAP. Those spots go fast.

#9 User is offline   The Dark Lord of the Sith 

• Resident Sith Lord
  • Interests:Hockey/Star Wars/Disney

Posted 09 May 2005 - 07:01 PM

I hope to make my young apprentice among them..... :twisted:
The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be ...unnatural.

POFQ May 16-19

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users