• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Planet Hollywood

#1 User is offline   darthstich 

• Dark Lord of the Stitch
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Disney, Star Wars

Posted 27 May 2008 - 01:52 PM

One of my favorite restaurants in all of the Disney Property is Planet Hollywood. Now you may say "Well it's a chain and I you can find it other places" that is only half true bc each Planet Hollywood is unique, and i just so happen to love the one in Downtown Disney. It has some of the coolest movie memorabilia from Disney Movies, like the Town Hall from Nightmare Before Christmas, and all sorts of other movies. The ambiance there is great. The only problem is... the food lol. The only thing i have tried that i sincerely liked was this chicken appetizer breaded with like Capn' Crunch lol. Do you guys like Planet Hollywood, and if so What's good food to get there? lol

#2 User is offline   Jeanine 

• Senior Studios Member

Posted 27 May 2008 - 05:34 PM

Actually, I'm not anti-Planet Hollywood, although I usually don't like going to places that are available outside the park. For one thing, if you get your package through AAA, they give you a coupon for $15 off; for another, they're generally open later than almost any other restaurant in DD (later than some of the resort food courts) so if you're caught after park closing hungry it can be an asset.

The burgers are not bad and the fries are very good. A disadvantage is that it's noisier than all get-out. I got a call once while I was there, and to hear anything I had to leave the table, go outside, and walk to the AMC theater before the ambient noise decreased to only "deafening."

#3 User is offline   ADP 

• ADP
  • Interests:Golf, Disney, Sports Junkie!

Posted 27 May 2008 - 06:37 PM

I don't have a big problem with Planet Hollywood. It's just I can think of 237 others places I'd rather dine at while on Disney World property. :r2d2:

Let me ask this question. Where would you rather dine; Planet Hollywood or Sci-Fi?

#4 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 27 May 2008 - 06:52 PM

For me, Planet Hollywood is more overpriced bad food that can be had elsewhere in the country. If you like it, more power to you but you will not find me there. :r2d2:

#5 User is offline   darthstich 

• Dark Lord of the Stitch
  • Interests:Disney, Star Wars

Posted 27 May 2008 - 06:55 PM

Well frankly, i've never been in Sci-fi, due to the fact that i would usually have to pay for the ticket to get into the park, and not have the money to go eat at one of the more expensive restaurants, unlike Planet Hollywood, where you don't have to pay anything to get to it. I am looking forward to dining at the Sci-fi in the near future however.

I will have to try the burgers and fries at Planet Hollywood some times :r2d2:

#6 User is offline   HDLady 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Harleys, my pets and WDW!!!

Posted 27 May 2008 - 07:51 PM

I think the decor of Planet Hollywood at Downtown is really cool. I've been to a few of them over the years and each is different and rocks in its own way. The food is ok but there are other places I would rather eat if I'm going to spend the money. I agree that PH restaurants DO tend to be loud to the point where it's sometimes annoying. I haven't been to Sci-Fi in a few years. I love the concept and the campy "horror" movies. I thought the food was ok, but found it kind of odd/awkward to be eating with two friends and have my back turned to one of them because she was in the back seat...
Debbie
DVC Old Key West 9/27- 10/5/2013 for Food & Wine w/ friends from NJ
Board of Directors Member & Treasurer, The ConGaloosh Society, Inc., a 501(3)c not-for-profit

ConGaloosh 2013 - September 27 - 29, 2013
www.congaloosh.org

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users