Studios Central: "I can't believe I'm going on a cuise!" Day 2 - Studios Central

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

"I can't believe I'm going on a cuise!" Day 2

#1 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 01 December 2004 - 04:25 PM

Cast:
Me: Young, sexy, single webmaster of everyone's favorite website!
Emily: Younger sister
Naomi: Youngest sister
Mom
Dad

We woke up bright and early and after gathering ourselves, went to have breakfast at the dining hall at Port Orleans Riverside(following of course the 3 mile hike from POFQ in order to get there). The food here was truely great and it's probably the best breakfast I've had on vacation at a place not named Waffle House(can you tell I'm one of those Yanks who enjoy the novelty of Waffle House?).

After breakfast we played the timeless classic of "Let's see what we can forget to pack". So after packing everything up, we hopped into my parents truck, tried to figure out how to exit Port Orleans(the parking lot is needlessly complicated) and were on our way to Port Canaveral.

An hour or so later(guess who doesn't drive the speed limit), we arrived. We decided to stop intown to pick up some drinks(Ed. note: better known as beer) for the cruise. This was all happening on Thanksgiving day so finding somewhere open was a challenge in itself. Eventually we found a supermarket, got the "essentials" and drove back to the ship.

My dad parked the car as the rest of us checked in. Check in was pretty seamless and I found the building that they administer check-in to be quite nice. By the time we were all done it was time to board the ship so we got on, heard the CM onboard announce our family over the PA system and headed to our room. Me and my sisters were in one room and my parents had their own stateroom about 20 doors down. We were on the second deck and I often made the joke that people on deck 2 of Titanic never even bothered to try to get out. :lol: My little sister didn't find it as funny as I did.

After we dropped our stuff off, we went to deck 9 for the welcome aboard buffet. This was our first foray into the great wonder known as free food. We were still fairly civil at this point but as the cruise went on, we ate more and more in some feeble attempt to eat $4,000 worth of food or something.

After lunch, we took a tour of the spa where my middle sister took advantage of 5 magic words "Charge it to my room". Afterwards we went to the top deck to watch the ship leave dock, where we all enjoyed a nice drink.

Our dinner time was the second seating so I decided to go watch the Hercules stage show. I heard good things about it but couldn't convince anyone to come see it with me so went alone. I must say I found the show quite boring and dull. It really only appealed to the kids and did not really follow the Disney trend of appealing to the audience on two levels.

After the show, I went back to my stateroom, changed for dinner and we went to dinner. Tonight we would be dining at Tritons. We were all commenting to each other how good it would be to not be on one of those cruises where we'd have to sit with people we didn't know and make fake conversation. Well sure enough, when we got to our table there was another family there. In their defense, they were quite nice folks from South Carolina with one daughter(Ed. note: Sweet! A daughter!) who was 8 years old (Ed. Note: So much for that). Dinner at Tritons was good, although the waiter service took forever!

After dinner we headed back to our stateroom and discovered that our couch had spawned a murphy bed. The sleeping arraingment was my youngest sister on the main bed, me on the couch and my middle sister on the murphy bed. On the ceiling above the murphy bed was a green button that I assume was what one pushes to retract the bed but I told my sister it was the eject button and when pushed, throws the bed into the ocean. :) I know, I'm a nice big brother.

Tomorrow: Water, water everywhere and Nassau!

Things I Learned:
- I discovered that it is impossible for everyone to detect the ship rocking at one time. Instead someone will say "Hey, do you feel that?" and no one else will be able to confirm it but minutes later another person will feel the boat rock and no one else. Very odd indeed.
- Dinner takes far too long. I understand you're supposed to be relaxing, having good conversation, etc but spending 2.5 hours at dinner is excessive.
- The staff could not be any nicer. Truely the most helpful and friendly people who are working.

#2 User is offline   TrendyMagic 

• Studios God
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Disney. Should there be anything else?

Posted 02 December 2004 - 02:01 PM

QuickGold said:

On the ceiling above the murphy bed was a green button that I assume was what one pushes to retract the bed but I told my sister it was the eject button and when pushed, throws the bed into the ocean. :lol: I know, I'm a nice big brother.

Very nice.

#3 User is offline   disneyprincess 

• Studios God
  • Group: Members

Posted 05 December 2004 - 10:26 PM

I thought the Hercules show was great, coming from both the performer and Disney sides of me.
At least the 8 year old was closer in your age range than the girls from Wednesday ;)
I also loved being able to take my time at dinner and not have to rush through anything. To each his own I guess.

#4 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 06 December 2004 - 12:58 PM

disneyprincess said:

At least the 8 year old was closer in your age range than the girls from Wednesday ;)

I wont dignify that comment with a response......wait ;)

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users