Studios Central: Thunderstorms! - Studios Central

Jump to content

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Thunderstorms!

#1 User is offline   TheTowerOfTerrorRules 

  • Studios God
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 535
  • Joined: 16-July 03

Posted 24 July 2003 - 02:30 PM

I was wondering if anyone knows if they close down the high attrations and water ones. Like if a thunder storm hits do they close down the TOT or splash and thunder mountain. what about astro orbiter!!!!! ??????
0

#2 User is offline   QuickGold 

  • Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin
  • Posts: 22,079
  • Joined: 15-July 02
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Saint Cloud, Florida

Posted 24 July 2003 - 02:52 PM

I'm not sure about the water parks, but indoor rides like the Tower or Rock 'n' Roller Coaster should be running without a problem, rain or no rain.
0

#3 User is offline   wishingtree 

  • Senior Studios Member
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 304
  • Joined: 24-September 02
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Delaware, USA
  • Interests:Disney, music and sports(especially hockey)

Posted 24 July 2003 - 03:00 PM

TheTowerOfTerrorRules said:

I was wondering if anyone knows if they close down the high attrations and water ones. Like if a thunder storm hits do they close down the TOT or splash and thunder mountain. what about astro orbiter!!!!! ??????


Most rides can stay open. Test track is an exception because the ride uses high voltages on the outside track. I hope they close astro orbiter because it just looks like one big lightning rod :)

I'm sure that the water parks close when lightning is in the area. that would be asking for trouble.
Jim

"Tact is for people who aren't witty enough to be sarcastic!!!"
0

#4 User is offline   QuickGold 

  • Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin
  • Posts: 22,079
  • Joined: 15-July 02
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Saint Cloud, Florida

Posted 24 July 2003 - 03:06 PM

wishingtree said:

I'm sure that the water parks close when lightning is in the area. that would be asking for trouble.

As I'm sure our dearly beloved Giraffe can atest to :content:
0

#5 User is offline   wishingtree 

  • Senior Studios Member
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 304
  • Joined: 24-September 02
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Delaware, USA
  • Interests:Disney, music and sports(especially hockey)

Posted 24 July 2003 - 03:35 PM

Keep it up Matt. You are gonna have PETA protesting this site!!! :)
Jim

"Tact is for people who aren't witty enough to be sarcastic!!!"
0

#6 User is offline   disneyprincess 

  • Studios God
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,853
  • Joined: 30-May 03
  • Location:Walt Disney World

Posted 24 July 2003 - 04:40 PM

:roll: Matt you're evil again! :)

Most things will stay open because they are indoor attractions. They did this on purpose because Florida has so many storms. Things like Fantasmic are an exception. Tower gets the pictures messed up from hard rain because the cover to the cameras get wet and leave water drops all over the pictures.
0

#7 User is offline   TheTowerOfTerrorRules 

  • Studios God
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 535
  • Joined: 16-July 03

Posted 24 July 2003 - 06:42 PM

i have never rode tot in a storm. has anyone rode it when it was raining? do you get wet?
0

#8 User is offline   QuickGold 

  • Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin
  • Posts: 22,079
  • Joined: 15-July 02
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Saint Cloud, Florida

Posted 24 July 2003 - 08:11 PM

TheTowerOfTerrorRules said:

i have never rode tot in a storm. has anyone rode it when it was raining? do you get wet?

I dont think they'd get wet unless the roof has a leak
0

#9 User is offline   lilchippewa 

  • Studios God
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,167
  • Joined: 15-July 02
  • Location:Illinois

Posted 25 July 2003 - 03:32 PM

I know Splash Mountain and Big Thunder close during a thunderstorm. I remember this happening on a few trips of mine.
-Josh
0

#10 User is offline   TheTowerOfTerrorRules 

  • Studios God
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 535
  • Joined: 16-July 03

Posted 29 July 2003 - 12:58 AM

QuickGold said:

TheTowerOfTerrorRules said:

i have never rode tot in a storm. has anyone rode it when it was raining? do you get wet?

I dont think they'd get wet unless the roof has a leak


I mean you know since the doors open can't rain water blow into the ride and you can get wet?
0

#11 User is offline   disneyprincess 

  • Studios God
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,853
  • Joined: 30-May 03
  • Location:Walt Disney World

Posted 29 July 2003 - 07:33 AM

TheTowerOfTerrorRules said:

QuickGold said:

TheTowerOfTerrorRules said:

i have never rode tot in a storm. has anyone rode it when it was raining? do you get wet?

I dont think they'd get wet unless the roof has a leak


I mean you know since the doors open can't rain water blow into the ride and you can get wet?


yes you could but would have to be windy and the wind blowing in that one direction in order for it to happen; and you're only at the doors for such a short amount of time that it's not that big of a deal.
0

#12 User is offline   TheTowerOfTerrorRules 

  • Studios God
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 535
  • Joined: 16-July 03

Posted 29 July 2003 - 05:13 PM

yeah it would be kinda cool :) :mrgreen: :grinblue:
0

#13 User is offline   Disney4648 

  • Studios Veteran
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 155
  • Joined: 18-July 02

Posted 30 July 2003 - 12:04 PM

I know at Universal Orlando, they close all of the outside rides including the water rides if lightning is withing 5 miles of the park. Im pretty sure Disney has the same policy.
0

#14 User is offline   disneyprincess 

  • Studios God
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,853
  • Joined: 30-May 03
  • Location:Walt Disney World

Posted 30 July 2003 - 12:15 PM

Yes, but we don't have all *that* many outside rides. Like I said, Disney was designed to be a friendly park even if the weather wasn't being friendly.
0

#15 User is offline   Disney4648 

  • Studios Veteran
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 155
  • Joined: 18-July 02

Posted 02 August 2003 - 09:53 PM

DisneyPrincess said:

Yes, but we don't have all *that* many outside rides. Like I said, Disney was designed to be a friendly park even if the weather wasn't being friendly.


Are you referring to the Disney MGM Studios or WDW in general?
0

Share this topic:


Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users