Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

DHS Observations 3/14 Quick notes of some interest

#1 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 15 March 2010 - 10:55 AM

- Disney is testing a new entrance to the Monsters Inc meet-n-greet that will last from now through Spring Break. The entrance used to be facing the LMA restrooms, but that is blocked off and guests can now enter near the AFI Showcase (exit to Backlot Tour). It's still in "test and adjust" but is likely going to be permanent.

- Veggie wrap at Starring Rolls is gone from the menu. In terms of sandwiches, there's just the turkey or black forest ham sandwiches left.

- If you haven't noticed, turkey legs have been absent from the park for the past week or so. Evidently, the supplier is having some issue that is resulting in higher costs and the parks are individually dealing with the problem (meaning they can charge more and have turkey legs or opt for no turkey legs). As you can see in this photo, Hollywood Studios has opted to not serve turkey legs.

- Studios Catering Co has their new menu out.

- Lotso (new character from Toy Story 3) will be doing meet-n-greets by May in Magic of Disney Animation. "Up" characters should be gone in the next few weeks.

#2 User is offline   ADP 

• ADP
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Golf, Disney, Sports Junkie!

Posted 15 March 2010 - 01:23 PM

Thanks Matt.

The menu at Studios Catering looks "meh" just okay.

As for the turkey legs I could live without them, but I'm sure there are others who enjoy them.

#3 User is offline   HDLady 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Harleys, my pets and WDW!!!

Posted 16 March 2010 - 12:40 AM

I agree about the meh menu at Catering. I'm not traumatized by the disappearance of the turkey legs. I had a turkey leg just once years ago at MK. It was good but I thought the leg was too big and just too rich. After I few bites I just tossed it.... It would be fine to share between 2 or 3 people IMO.
Debbie
DVC Old Key West 9/27- 10/5/2013 for Food & Wine w/ friends from NJ
Board of Directors Member & Treasurer, The ConGaloosh Society, Inc., a 501(3)c not-for-profit

ConGaloosh 2013 - September 27 - 29, 2013
www.congaloosh.org

#4 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 16 March 2010 - 10:44 AM

I'm really surprised some of you aren't excited about the new menu. If you're picking your top few counter service locations at DHS, I doubt SCC was anywhere near the top, so this menu change can only benefit us.

#5 User is offline   darthstich 

• Dark Lord of the Stitch
  • Interests:Disney, Star Wars

Posted 16 March 2010 - 11:03 AM

It's just that the new menu options don't seem phenomenal. I think it'll stay at the same spot on most people's counter service choices list even with the new menu

#6 User is offline   ADP 

• ADP
  • Interests:Golf, Disney, Sports Junkie!

Posted 16 March 2010 - 12:19 PM

For me...It's just a first impreession from the menu. I'll save my full judgement until I try it out. But you are probably right Matt...It's going to be an improvment.

#7 User is offline   yulilin 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Disney World, Harry Potter, Star Wars and my family

Posted 16 March 2010 - 02:28 PM

before they had roasted chicken with rice and black beans, the b-b-q pulled pork sandwich, for the kids mac n cheese and chicken drumstick.
Now it's just sandwiches and for the kids chicken nuggets, you can get that at any of the other places.
For us this was a good place to go that didn't have the same as the others, I'm not loving the new menu.
Por favor mantenganse alejados de las puertas

#8 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 16 March 2010 - 07:00 PM

View Postyulilin, on Mar 16 2010, 03:28 PM, said:

before they had roasted chicken with rice and black beans, the b-b-q pulled pork sandwich, for the kids mac n cheese and chicken drumstick.
Now it's just sandwiches and for the kids chicken nuggets, you can get that at any of the other places.
For us this was a good place to go that didn't have the same as the others, I'm not loving the new menu.

They still have a half chicken at Fairfax Fare and I haven't seen these sandwiches elsewhere in the parks. Where else can you find them?

#9 User is offline   yulilin 

• Studios God

Posted 17 March 2010 - 07:05 AM

View PostQuickGold, on Mar 16 2010, 08:00 PM, said:

They still have a half chicken at Fairfax Fare and I haven't seen these sandwiches elsewhere in the parks. Where else can you find them?

I must admit, that after going to WDW for about 10 years now, I've never eaten at Fairfax Fare, maybe it's because by the time I go to Sunset Blvd it's just to see the COH or go straight to RnRC.....guilty :)
To me a sandwich is a sandwich, sure I'll give these new ones a try.
*Mental note: Must go to Fairfax Fare for lunch next time :D
If I can get the kids to eat something better than a hamburger or chicken nuggets I'm there

#10 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 17 March 2010 - 10:40 AM

I'm with you Yulady. Until very recently, I never ate at any of the restaurants on Sunset Boulevard because they were "more of the same" (burgers, hot dogs, etc). While Rosies and Eddies are like that, I do think the menu changes at Fairfax have changed how I view the area slightly and I'm hoping to try the beef brisket this weekend.

#11 User is offline   yulilin 

• Studios God

Posted 22 March 2010 - 11:44 AM

The kids and I braved the rain yesterday and ate at Fairfax Fare. I had the beef briskets and chicken with the beans and coleslaw. The chicken was a bit dry to my taste but the briskets were very good. The baked beans looked like they'd been under the heat lamps way to long but they tasted fine as did the coleslaw. I had enough to share with my son who liked the beef briskets as well.
Next time I'll try the other items.

#12 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 23 March 2010 - 10:45 AM

I tweeted a taste test at Fairfax Fare that Glenn and I did over the weekend as well. I had the beef brisket and found it to be tough and dry, indicative of overcooking. Glenn also reported his food (ribs and chicken) to be dry and overcooked.

I'm hoping this was just "a bad day" and it isn't regularly like this but time will tell....

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users