• You cannot reply to this topic

Schnitzel

#1 User is offline   Rinjo 

• Studios God
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:My Children and Family, Disney, Games, UFC

Posted 18 October 2007 - 01:17 AM

Hey Matt,

The first time I heard about how you disliked pork schnitzel on the cast, I meant to make a post about it... but I forgot. Well... I just listened to 'Scary Restaurants' and remembered!!! Woo hoo...

I find it interesting that nearly everyone mentioned that schnitzel was basically fried chicken. Itís funny because I am not that big a fan of the pork either... but here in Germany it is very, very hard to get chicken schnitzel.

In fact I will go to a restaurant and there will be 10 or 15 different kinds of schnitzel and only one or two will be chicken. At an actual fest such as Oktoberfest... GOOD LUCK! Germans absolutely love their pork. If you order steak here, make sure you read the menu well because the odds of it being pork steak are very, very high.

I have always wondered why they eat soo much pork here, but have not gotten around to asking just yet. Maybe I will ask my landlord. Just thought you might find that interesting... Keep in mind however that I am in the Bavaria region... it is kind of considered the country... or down south of Germany... Still it is where Munich is... home of Oktoberfest... I really have no idea how they do it in Berlin.

#2 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 18 October 2007 - 12:22 PM

Thanks for the info. The next time I eat at Biergarten, I'm going to call ahead and ask for chicken instead of pork for dietary needs. I've always had chicken schnitzel (and my mom makes an awesome one that I insist on when I visit).

#3 User is offline   nbodyhome 

• Studios Veteran
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Disney, Travel

Posted 18 October 2007 - 11:19 PM

QuickGold said:

Thanks for the info. The next time I eat at Biergarten, I'm going to call ahead and ask for chicken instead of pork for dietary needs. I've always had chicken schnitzel (and my mom makes an awesome one that I insist on when I visit).

I like it with turkey. It reminds me of chicken Milanese, I just started making it at home.

Denise

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users