• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Playhouse Disney rehab Jan 30 - March 5, 2011

#1 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 03 November 2010 - 07:34 AM

From our friend RIXAP

Playhouse Disney-Live on Stage! at Disney's Hollywood Studios closed for refurbishment Jan 30 - Mar 5 (possibly to rebrand as Disney Junior)

#2 User is offline   MJMcBride 

• Safari Mike
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:star wars, sci-fi, fantasy sports, superheroes, chasing my kids and chasing my wife

Posted 03 November 2010 - 09:37 AM

whats disney junior?
JAMBO EVERYONE!

Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

#3 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 03 November 2010 - 10:49 AM

From StitchKingdom

Although there is speculation that the refurbishment may be to change the limited references to those of ‘Disney Junior’ (which is likely), it’s also almost the exact same time period the attraction closed last time to debut as its current incarnation in 2008 which means that there could be some show changes in the works as well. If that were to be happening, it’s most likely to remove the canceled ‘My Friends Tigger and Pooh’ and inject some more current and relevant content such as ‘Special Agent Oso’ (who would actually fit in quite perfectly with the current show) or even ‘Timmy Time’ if licensing allows. On a side note, the last change ‘replaced’ human Jamie with Casey and as of yet, no public casting notices have been published to that effect (still plenty of ambiguous names to go!).

#4 User is offline   SorcererG 

• Studios Newbie
  • Interests:Walt Disney World, PVR, Baseball

Posted 03 November 2010 - 12:28 PM

View PostMJMcBride, on 03 November 2010 - 09:37 AM, said:

whats disney junior?

Disney Junior is a 24 hour cable channel aimed at pre-schoolers (think Nick Jr.) that Disney will be launching next year. It replaces SOAPNet.

#5 User is offline   MJMcBride 

• Safari Mike
  • Interests:star wars, sci-fi, fantasy sports, superheroes, chasing my kids and chasing my wife

Posted 03 November 2010 - 01:57 PM

View PostSorcererG, on 03 November 2010 - 12:28 PM, said:

Disney Junior is a 24 hour cable channel aimed at pre-schoolers (think Nick Jr.) that Disney will be launching next year. It replaces SOAPNet.

ah. thank you

my kids are 6 and 8 now so I am out of the pre-schooler loop
JAMBO EVERYONE!

#6 User is offline   COH#1fan 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Disney, travel, comics, live performance

Posted 04 November 2010 - 10:23 AM

They ought to revert Playhouse Disney back the way it was: as a Character Dining restaurant. :P
"In an age of fads, copycats, and rapidly changing trends, you have chosen to stand out from the rest and be an individual. We applaud your courage and self-expression. Thanks for being a part of our show today. Don't ever change. The world needs more people with your spirit." - The Citizens of Hollywood

#7 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 04 November 2010 - 10:42 AM

View PostCOH#1fan, on 04 November 2010 - 10:23 AM, said:

They ought to revert Playhouse Disney back the way it was: as a Character Dining restaurant. :P

I'd rather they keep the attraction but I do agree they need another character meal at DHS. While toddlers love Playhouse Disney meal at Hollywood & Vine, it's too polarizing for those without those kids.

#8 User is offline   COH#1fan 

• Studios God

Posted 04 November 2010 - 06:41 PM

View PostCOH#1fan, on 04 November 2010 - 10:23 AM, said:

View PostQuickGold, on 04 November 2010 - 10:42 AM, said:

I'd rather they keep the attraction but I do agree they need another character meal at DHS. While toddlers love Playhouse Disney meal at Hollywood & Vine, it's too polarizing for those without those kids.

I got it. Since DHS is not using the Fantasmic stage anymore, why not convert it to character dining and have the Fantasmic characters around? They can gut the seats, put in tables and chairs and use the stage and lagoon for... PA music?
"In an age of fads, copycats, and rapidly changing trends, you have chosen to stand out from the rest and be an individual. We applaud your courage and self-expression. Thanks for being a part of our show today. Don't ever change. The world needs more people with your spirit." - The Citizens of Hollywood

#9 User is offline   MJMcBride 

• Safari Mike

Posted 04 November 2010 - 06:54 PM

View PostCOH#1fan, on 04 November 2010 - 06:41 PM, said:

I got it. Since DHS is not using the Fantasmic stage anymore, why not convert it to character dining and have the Fantasmic characters around? They can gut the seats, put in tables and chairs and use the stage and lagoon for... PA music?

i'm in
JAMBO EVERYONE!

#10 User is offline   sarahzy 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 04 November 2010 - 10:23 PM

I'd be all about another character meal at the Studios. I have pictures and video from the old Soundstage Restaurant. I'm not sure what was going on the day we were there, but the characters for breakfast were Jafar, Pooh, Meeko, and the Genie... Grab the first costume you find and get to breakfast day?

#11 User is offline   COH#1fan 

• Studios God

Posted 05 November 2010 - 08:33 AM

View Postsarahzy, on 04 November 2010 - 10:23 PM, said:

I'd be all about another character meal at the Studios. I have pictures and video from the old Soundstage Restaurant. I'm not sure what was going on the day we were there, but the characters for breakfast were Jafar, Pooh, Meeko, and the Genie... Grab the first costume you find and get to breakfast day?

What? No face characters? Last time I was there, they at least had Aladdin, Belle, Pocahontas, & Clopin from Hunchback.
In fact...

#12 User is offline   RAXIP 

• Studios Regular

Posted 09 November 2010 - 01:14 PM

From the Disney Parks Blog

‘Disney Junior – Live on Stage!’ Debuts at Disney Parks in 2011

Children and parents who now enjoy the popular “Playhouse Disney – Live on Stage!” at both Parks can look forward to sharing this new production, which brings back three audience favorites (Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Handy Manny and Little Einsteins) and also introduces a brand new segment based on Disney Junior’s newest series that will debut in February 2011, “Jake and the Never Land Pirates.”
Seize the moment! Let your fantasies and dreams set sail.

Character Attendant @ DHS
WOD Squad '08

flickr
twitter

#13 User is offline   April 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 09 November 2010 - 01:38 PM

View PostCOH#1fan, on 05 November 2010 - 08:33 AM, said:

What? No face characters? Last time I was there, they at least had Aladdin, Belle, Pocahontas, & Clopin from Hunchback.
In fact...

I wish House of Mouse was still on tv... that would have made an awesome character meal. The whole stage, show classic cartoons, tons of random characters. Your post reminds me of that show.

#14 User is offline   MJMcBride 

• Safari Mike

Posted 09 November 2010 - 02:21 PM

View PostApril, on 09 November 2010 - 01:38 PM, said:

I wish House of Mouse was still on tv... that would have made an awesome character meal. The whole stage, show classic cartoons, tons of random characters. Your post reminds me of that show.

that would be cool
JAMBO EVERYONE!

#15 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 09 November 2010 - 04:17 PM

View PostRAXIP, on 09 November 2010 - 01:14 PM, said:

From the Disney Parks Blog

‘Disney Junior – Live on Stage!’ Debuts at Disney Parks in 2011

Children and parents who now enjoy the popular “Playhouse Disney – Live on Stage!” at both Parks can look forward to sharing this new production, which brings back three audience favorites (Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Handy Manny and Little Einsteins) and also introduces a brand new segment based on Disney Junior’s newest series that will debut in February 2011, “Jake and the Never Land Pirates.”

That confirms that rumor. I wonder how "intense" this rehab will be in terms of the building itself or if it will simply be a new show with a new name.

#16 User is offline   MJMcBride 

• Safari Mike

Posted 09 November 2010 - 04:26 PM

View PostQuickGold, on 09 November 2010 - 04:17 PM, said:

That confirms that rumor. I wonder how "intense" this rehab will be in terms of the building itself or if it will simply be a new show with a new name.

i'm thinking the later. The shutdown is not long and we know many of the characters (Mickey Mouse, Handy Manny, Little Einsteins) will remain.

if you look at the concept art, the stage itself looks exactly the same to me
JAMBO EVERYONE!

#17 User is offline   JEANY SANCHEZ 

• Studios Newbie
  • Interests:superheroes, Disney guide books, listen disney music!

Posted 13 November 2010 - 09:48 AM

I'm confused about this new name Disney Junior and what year this new name Disney Junior be on Disney channel?:confused:

#18 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 13 November 2010 - 09:53 AM

View PostJEANY SANCHEZ, on 13 November 2010 - 09:48 AM, said:

I'm confused about this new name Disney Junior and what year this new name Disney Junior be on Disney channel?:confused:

http://disney.go.com.../pre/index.html

Disney Junior seems to be a new branding motif for their preschool shows on Disney Channel

#19 User is offline   JEANY SANCHEZ 

• Studios Newbie
  • Interests:superheroes, Disney guide books, listen disney music!

Posted 13 November 2010 - 09:57 AM

thanks for the great info!

#20 User is offline   JEANYLASER 

• Studios Veteran
  • Location:MIAMI, FLORIDA are planning to move to Orlando, Florida

Posted 15 January 2011 - 09:10 AM

Jake and the Neverland Pirates are coming to DHS please tell me so i can see them?

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users