• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

A Year at the Studios

#1 User is offline   darthstich 

• Dark Lord of the Stitch
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Disney, Star Wars

Posted 15 May 2009 - 08:20 PM

Today marks my official first year as a Cast Member at the Studios, and I figured I would reminisce some of the memories that I have made throughout the process, and share them with you guys. 3/4 of the year i have been at LMA, and the other 1/4 at the Backlot Tour Watertank show, with a few times over at Spectacle of Dancing Lights over the holidays, throughout that time there are just some things i will never forget.

For a long time, I got to see Mickey heading over to work as I was coming in, which was awesome, and Seeing Frozone and the Red Power Ranger chatting away in a golf cart was also really cool "only at Disney" moment, then one time I had Darth Maul open the door for me lol. The best backstage moment i can tell you about though is when I saw Luke Skywalker slurping down an Icee, that was just classic.

I've also got to help some celebrities throughout that time, such as the voice of Mulan, Roy Disney's Son, and Gilbert Gottfried.

But the best experiences are usually with the guests. SoDL was always fun, and one night i spent about half of the time I was there dancing with Cinderella ( a little girl dressed like Cinderella kept chasing after the glowing Nightstick i had lol). It was also fun on another SoDL night that i got the position in front of the nativity scene, actually called Jesus 1, with my nightstick and Waldo cap, and got to tell guests i was Jesus's Jedi Bodygaurd. More recently, a great guest experience at the Backlot tour was when the Studio 20 event came by, which i was planning on attending but wasn't able to due to school and work schedules, and i helped them take a group photo and got them on the tour, and some of them in the Special Effects show.

Well i just wanted to spill my guts a little just to let out a little bit of what has gone on over my year with Disney, and figured some of you may enjoy this. For now, Have a Movie Magical Day, and May the Force be with you

#2 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 15 May 2009 - 09:33 PM

Congratulations on one year!

#3 User is offline   COH#1fan 

• Studios God
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Disney, travel, comics, live performance

Posted 15 May 2009 - 11:42 PM

View Postdarthstich, on May 15 2009, 09:20 PM, said:

For a long time, I got to see Mickey heading over to work as I was coming in, which was awesome, and Seeing Frozone and the Red Power Ranger chatting away in a golf cart was also really cool "only at Disney" moment, then one time I had Darth Maul open the door for me lol. The best backstage moment i can tell you about though is when I saw Luke Skywalker slurping down an Icee, that was just classic.

I love hearing BTS stories like this, and it serves as a reminder of how much respect we should gives these kind of characters. Congratulations on your first year as CM.
"In an age of fads, copycats, and rapidly changing trends, you have chosen to stand out from the rest and be an individual. We applaud your courage and self-expression. Thanks for being a part of our show today. Don't ever change. The world needs more people with your spirit." - The Citizens of Hollywood

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users