• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

FASTPASS Changes?

#1 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 24 April 2003 - 10:47 AM

Screamscape reports...

A while back Disney introduced a new kind of Enhanced FastPass option for guests who made their vacation plans with AAA. This new kind of FastPass would allow them to go around the park and swipe their cards for FastPasses at every single FP attraction in the park all at the same time without waiting for one to expire first. A reader tells me that this option is now available as an option for anyone booking through Disney’s Travel Company (714-520-5050) and for about $135.75 you’ll get a 5 day park hopper with a bunch of extras, one of which is “Enchanced Fastpass”.

From Mouseplanet...

"Visitors who get Fastpass tickets for Star Tours may get a bonus — a “surprise” Fastpass for Honey, I Shrunk the Audience. The tickets are dispensed together from the Fastpass machine, and the ticket for Honey, I Shrunk the Audience expires at the begining of the return time for Star Tours. At Disney's California Adventure (DCA) park across the way, Soarin' Over California Fastpass tickets come with a surprise ticket for It's Tough to be a Bug.

Why a two-for-one offer? In Disneyland, cast members say that this is an effort to keep visitors occupied while they are waiting for their Fastpass return time. Rather than leaving visitors to wander around Tomorrowland — and notice just how many rides are closed — they can spend that time watching Honey I Shrunk the Audience.

At DCA, the bonus Fastpass has resulted in huge increases in traffic to the It's Tough to be a Bug show. One manager said that the show hasn't been so busy since the park opened in 2001.

Most visitors seemed pleased with the unexpected bonus, but some are confused. Despite the name, these tickets are not really “Fastpasses.” Visitors join the regular line, and wait with everyone else. Both the Honey I Shrunk the Audience and It's Tough to be a Bug shows run every 20 minutes. A visitor who gets a “Fastpass” for one of these shows at 12:02 is still going to need to wait in line for the next available show, 18 minutes away. “So why do we need this ticket?” asked one visitor. “You don't, really,” explained a cast member, “It's more of an invitation than a ticket — Just to let you know that there's something else to do while you're waiting.”

Well, an invitation is nice. In fact, Disneyland used to do something similar, by offering “tickets” to the Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln attraction to visitors who rode some of the Main Street vehicles. And some early Fastpass tickets came printed with a suggestion of what to do while you waited for your return time. “While you are waiting for the Autopia, why don't you explore Innoventions?” "

#2 User is offline   CoasterCast 

• Studios Newbie
  • Group: Members

Posted 26 April 2003 - 09:59 AM

We "the Cast" have had no such updates on an ultimate purchasable fastpass. I have to say it doesn't exist at this point.

#3 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 26 April 2003 - 12:34 PM

CoasterCast said:

We "the Cast" have had no such updates on an ultimate purchasable fastpass. I have to say it doesn't exist at this point.

Since the first report is from Screamscape, it doesn't surprise me in the least bit that it may not be true, but the second quote comes from DL. CoasterCast, are you a CM at WDW?

#4 User is offline   CoasterCast 

• Studios Newbie
  • Group: Members

Posted 29 April 2003 - 06:24 PM

Yes, I am currently a CM - I Work RNR Coaster and Fantasmic! Have to say it is the most fun job I have ever had. Later

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users