Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

AE/Stitch Makeover

#1 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 05 September 2003 - 08:51 AM

Latest rumor is that on October 15th 2003 Alien Encounter will change to involve Stitch. I'm more indifferent to this than anything. AE is fun, but after 2 or 3 times through it's not that entertaining. But I do love the fake tourist lines they throw in there "Hey alien, don't eat me....eat him!"

#2 User is offline   lilchippewa 

• Studios God
  • Group: Members

Posted 05 September 2003 - 11:58 AM

I imagine it's Alien Encounter's time to go. It's been there since Tomorrowland was given a complete makeover back in 1994, I think. The last few times I've been there, there has been little to no line at all for the attraction. Hopefully, the change is for the better with Stitch coming to Tomorrowland.
-Josh

#3 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 05 September 2003 - 02:13 PM

On my last trip, as Josh said, AE was dead in the middle of the afternoon.
Posted Image

#4 User is offline   David 

• Studios God

Posted 05 September 2003 - 02:19 PM

:) :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I love this ride. I am very sad to see it go. When I was there in July there wasn't a line at all... and they weren't running the firsts Robots eyes because they are too "scary", and they wouldn't let that little Alien teleport back and turn evil.

Grr.

#5 User is offline   DisneyFreak1228 

• Studios God

Posted 05 September 2003 - 03:21 PM

*coughalienencountersuckscough*

I'm welcoming this makeover with open arms. I seriously, without a doubt hate this attraction. I wrote like a 3 page email complaining to WDW about how badly it sucked! :cry:

Maybe my expectations going into AE were too high (or maybe the script I read online, therefore, spoiling the surprises, had something to do with it :) ) Either way, as it stands now, you can't get me on AE if you paid me a million dollars and got me a date with Justin Timberlake...well, MAYBE if you managed to get the second one squared away. If/when that happens, then we'll talk. :mrgreen:
*Leslie Ivette*

#6 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 21 September 2003 - 04:31 PM

It's a go folks....

There's a new alien in town at Disney
Published September 21, 2003

Going once, going twice . . . The Alien Encounter attraction at the Magic Kingdom, the show that Michael Eisner himself once shut down because it was too tame, will close for good Oct. 11.

To take its place, Disney is creating an attraction based on Stitch, the outer-space creature from the Lilo & Stitch animated movie. The new show opens next fall -- in plenty of time for Disney to take advantage of the huge popularity of the '02 movie, which has spawned a sequel and TV show.

For the record, Disney honchos will not confirm the Stitch stuff -- but insiders say there is no doubt that a show based on the tiny alien warrior is in the works. And here's a neat fact: The show will be the first Disney attraction based on a production done in Orlando, where animators worked on Lilo & Stitch.

As for Alien Encounter, Disney junkies may remember that it encountered some early turbulence. The show takes place in a darkened theater where an alien supposedly has gotten loose, and was opened in 1995 as part of a makeover of Tomorrowland.

But A.E. got the thumbs down from Eisner, who sat through an early showing and ordered creators to make it more intense.

They dutifully did as the Big Guy said. And, interestingly, Alien Encounter has always gotten complaints that it is too scary for some of Disney's pint-size fans.

© Orlando Sentinel

#7 User is offline   TrendyMagic 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Disney. Should there be anything else?

Posted 21 September 2003 - 04:56 PM

The version of AE currently playing is not as scary as the original public release. They have toned down too many things (in my opinion) over the years because of complaints. They do state before you get on that it is an intesnse and dark attraction. Why would someone bring a little one on? Anyway. It did need a general rehab to bring it back to speed but I guess they are destroying it all together.

#8 User is offline   TrendyMagic 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Disney. Should there be anything else?

Posted 21 September 2003 - 05:46 PM

Going through the pics over at wdwmagic and found this:

http://photoalbums.w...Untitled-10.GIF

while the lpic is still there look at the bottom. The attractions is currently given the title Stitch Escape!

#9 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 21 September 2003 - 06:12 PM

Great find Jason!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users