• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

This Just In! A New Disney Podcast!

#1 User is offline   Blixzit 

• Studios God
  • Group: Members

Posted 30 November 2007 - 05:31 PM

Ok, I'm not sure if this should go in the Anything Else forum or this one, but I have started a new Disney Podcast. It's called The World for One, and It's about visiting Walt Disney World by yourself. Which I do all the time. I literally just launched the site so theres not much there now, but more content will be added in the future. I hope to release the first episode of the Podcast by December 13th. The Forum section of the site is non existing as I really am not sure the best way to create a forum, but I will figure it out by online video tutorials (YouTube) and help and advice from my peers (Anyone?). Please stay tuned and enjoy The World, for One! :)

#2 User is offline   biblio 

• Senior Studios Member

Posted 30 November 2007 - 05:35 PM

Go Jake!

Great title, by the way.

Keep us updated about the site.

#3 User is offline   Blixzit 

• Studios God

Posted 30 November 2007 - 05:37 PM

Thanks!

#4 User is offline   ADP 

• ADP
  • Interests:Golf, Disney, Sports Junkie!

Posted 30 November 2007 - 06:45 PM

Good luck Jake! Can't wait to see and hear more.

#5 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 30 November 2007 - 07:20 PM

Good luck Jake. I like the logo although you may run into problems with putting it on shirts and stuff.

#6 User is offline   Matt Hart 

• Studios Veteran
  • Interests:Golf, Disney (duh)

Posted 30 November 2007 - 09:58 PM

Congrats, Jake, and best of luck.

I like your logo too, but like Matt says, you might have some issues (copyrights and all that)

I think you've got a real good idea for the podcast though. The solo traveler is a niche many don't cover much.

For your forums, phpBB (http://www.phpbb.com/)is very popular free forum software. I did a little moderating and administering on a very old version of it, and it worked well at the time. The newer versions have gotten a lot better at spam prevention, and by looking at the bottom of the page it looks like that's what this site uses.

I use vBulletin (http://www.vbulletin.com/) at my site, http://www.july17195...pload/index.php and am very happy with it. It does however have a license fee.

There's other free forum software out there, but I'm not very familiar with them.

I've never installed phpBB but I'm sure it's pretty easy. I did install vBulletin and it was easy, and I'm not a coder at all. Took me a few hours, but again, I had no idea what I was doing. Of course it probably depends on how much customizing you want to do. I did very little. Eventually I'll get to that...

#7 User is offline   queenofthehouse 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Disney, Disney and more Disney

Posted 01 December 2007 - 11:26 AM

Matt Hart said:

I like your logo too, but like Matt says, you might have some issues (copyrights and all that)

I think you've got a real good idea for the podcast though. The solo traveler is a niche many don't cover much.

For your forums, phpBB (http://www.phpbb.com/)is very popular free forum software. I did a little moderating and administering on a very old version of it, and it worked well at the time. The newer versions have gotten a lot better at spam prevention, and by looking at the bottom of the page it looks like that's what this site uses.

I use vBulletin (http://www.vbulletin.com/) at my site, http://www.july17195...pload/index.php, and am very happy with it. It does however have a license fee.

There's other free forum software out there, but I'm not very familiar with them.

I've never installed phpBB but I'm sure it's pretty easy. I did install vBulletin and it was easy, and I'm not a coder at all. Took me a few hours, but again, I had no idea what I was doing. Of course it probably depends on how much customizing you want to do. I did very little. Eventually I'll get to that...

I clicked on the link to view your site, but got an error. Said it was hosted by HostGator and I needed to load FireFox???
Maureen
(Lowell's Mom)
Mad, Mad, Mad about Disney!

May 21-28, 2013
Wilderness Lodge

#8 User is offline   queenofthehouse 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Disney, Disney and more Disney

Posted 01 December 2007 - 11:32 AM

Blixzit said:

Ok, I'm not sure if this should go in the Anything Else forum or this one, but I have started a new Disney Podcast. It's called The World for One, and It's about visiting Walt Disney World by yourself. Which I do all the time. I literally just launched the site so theres not much there now, but more content will be added in the future. I hope to release the first episode of the Podcast by December 13th. The Forum section of the site is non existing as I really am not sure the best way to create a forum, but I will figure it out by online video tutorials (YouTube) and help and advice from my peers (Anyone?). Please stay tuned and enjoy The World, for One! :salut:

Jake - What a great idea. I look forward to hearing more about it. And like others have said, I do believe that you will have problems with the castle being the logo. I've read ideas about changing the logo a bit so that everyone knows what you mean but that Disney can't come knock on your door. Example: Steven Barrett "Hidden Mickeys" uses one mickey ear. Everyone know's it's mickey. You may want to do some research first before setting your heart on any logo. Sorry.
Maureen
(Lowell's Mom)
Mad, Mad, Mad about Disney!

May 21-28, 2013
Wilderness Lodge

#9 User is offline   Blixzit 

• Studios God

Posted 02 December 2007 - 08:22 AM

Thank you all so much for the great and very imformal feedback! Yes that logo is a bit dangerous but it is only temporary. My dad and I are currently designing a new one. I am probably going to use the phpBB forum program as it is free and I am a bit used to it from this site as well as some others. Once again thank you all so much for the feedback. I hope the first episode will be up to par. Also, Matt (Hochberg), I hope you don't mind me using an audio file from towerofterror.org for my "special intro" of episode one. I think any fan of Tower should get a kick out of it. :salut:

#10 User is offline   Blixzit 

• Studios God

Posted 02 December 2007 - 12:14 PM

queenofthehouse said:

Matt Hart said:

I use vBulletin (http://www.vbulletin.com/) at my site, http://www.july17195...pload/index.php, and am very happy with it. It does however have a license fee.

I clicked on the link to view your site, but got an error. Said it was hosted by HostGator and I needed to load FireFox???

Remove the comma after php

#11 User is offline   FRD714 

• Here We Go! 5..4..3..2...

Posted 02 December 2007 - 12:33 PM

Jake if your ever looking for a guest on your podcast in the future, I'd be interested since I do wander he parks alone a lot.
Frank
"We'd like to dedicate this to our friends out there in that superstretch limo...."

#12 User is offline   Blixzit 

• Studios God

Posted 02 December 2007 - 12:35 PM

^Thanks for the offer, Frank. I will definitely keep that in mind! :salut:

EDIT: The Forums are now up and running. I will try to get a better color scheme as I learn more about phpBB. Feel free to join the forums!

#13 User is offline   Matt Hart 

• Studios Veteran
  • Interests:Golf, Disney (duh)

Posted 03 December 2007 - 02:56 PM

Blixzit said:

Remove the comma after php

Oops, yup, that was my fault. The link is fixed.

#14 User is offline   Ken In Atlanta 

• Senior Studios Member

Posted 05 December 2007 - 01:24 PM

I'll add you to the rotation and see how it is :-)

and if you ever want a segment where you send someone who hasn't been to the parks solo, I'll will be glad to volunteer, seeing as you are fitting the bill :-)

Kidding
Congrats.

#15 User is offline   Blixzit 

• Studios God

Posted 05 December 2007 - 06:53 PM

Lol, thanks. I'm not sure how to conduct a live interview, as if I'd be a good interviewer, for the podcast. I record (in multiple takes) my segments and edit them with Audacity, and I use my built in mic.

#16 User is offline   FRD714 

• Here We Go! 5..4..3..2...

Posted 05 December 2007 - 09:22 PM

^Skype.

www.skype.com
Frank
"We'd like to dedicate this to our friends out there in that superstretch limo...."

#17 User is offline   Blixzit 

• Studios God

Posted 13 December 2007 - 03:33 PM

Episode 1 is now available for download either from the main feed:
http://www.worldforo...odcast/feed.xml

Or directly (39.2 MB):
http://www.worldforo...st/Episode1.mp3

#18 User is offline   Ken In Atlanta 

• Senior Studios Member

Posted 15 December 2007 - 07:52 PM

Are you up on Itunes yet?

#19 User is offline   Blixzit 

• Studios God

Posted 15 December 2007 - 07:54 PM

Not yet, I thought I would be by now. Still waiting for that email. I will post the link as soon as I get it! I hope it comes soon cause I am gonna be going home soon and won't be back online until Monday...

#20 User is offline   Blixzit 

• Studios God

Posted 17 December 2007 - 05:38 PM

The World for One is now available on iTunes. I just got an email telling me that the podcast has been approved and you can expect to find it in the iTunes Store within the next few hours. You can also use the link below:
http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore...st?id=270364046

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users