Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

New Fantasmic! Dinner Package Details

#1 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 18 September 2002 - 09:28 AM

Some sort of bad news from the Mouse... The dinner package for Fantasmic from Nov. 22 through Dec 22. is only for the 6 p.m. show. So if you want to eat you have to wait until after the show. There are some nights where there are 2 shows for the evening (6 and 8), but they don't offer the package for the 8 show. You have to go to the 6 p.m. show and then eat afterward. Very.......odd :x

#2 User is offline   DisneyFreak1228 

• Studios God
  • Group: Members

Posted 18 September 2002 - 06:30 PM

6pm? That's weird. And then you gotta wait til AFTER the show to eat? Then what's the point in reserving the dinner package? I see no purpose to that. *shrugs* But that's just me.
*Leslie Ivette*

#3 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 18 September 2002 - 07:39 PM

That only happens on nights where there is more than 1 showing. And if you want to have the dinner package for a day where there is more than 1 showing, then just make the reservations the old fashioned way and you can get the package and a later showing.

#4 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 23 November 2002 - 03:18 PM

Disney has extended the trial period for the new Fantasmic! Dinner Packages through December 31, 2002! :)

#5 User is offline   mitros 

• Studios Newbie

Posted 10 January 2004 - 08:01 PM

I'm sorry, but I enjoyed the original method for getting into the special entrance. All you had to do was order ANY entree,either lunch or dinner, and you received a pass for getting into the special entrance for fantasmic. I guess Disney realized they can make substantially more money by forcing you to spend a certain amount of money to get the fantasmic ticket. :cry: :|

#6 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 10 January 2004 - 08:16 PM

mitros said:

I'm sorry, but I enjoyed the original method for getting into the special entrance. All you had to do was order ANY entree,either lunch or dinner, and you received a pass for getting into the special entrance for fantasmic. I guess Disney realized they can make substantially more money by forcing you to spend a certain amount of money to get the fantasmic ticket. :cry: :|

As I recall, it comes out to a few more dollars, so nothing all that expensive. I guess the new idea is to curb people ordering, say a side salad, and getting the package.

#7 User is offline   mitros 

• Studios Newbie

Posted 10 January 2004 - 08:39 PM

Well, as I recall, you could not just by a salad, it had to be a regular entree. But I know you wind up spending more with this new program. IMHO, Disney saw how popular fantasmic was, and they figured they would offer an early "special entrance" to people that were willing to spend "X" amount of dollars.

#8 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 11 January 2004 - 12:22 PM

mitros said:

Well, as I recall, you could not just by a salad, it had to be a regular entree. But I know you wind up spending more with this new program. IMHO, Disney saw how popular fantasmic was, and they figured they would offer an early "special entrance" to people that were willing to spend "X" amount of dollars.

Well WDW is, after all, a business.

#9 User is offline   disneyprincess 

• Studios God

Posted 11 January 2004 - 11:40 PM

mitros said:

That's not true, you could order anything off the menu and get the dinner package seating.

QuickGold said:

As I recall, it comes out to a few more dollars, so nothing all that expensive. I guess the new idea is to curb people ordering, say a side salad, and getting the package.

This is true, it's not that much more than a regular meal. There were so many instances of people ordering dessert and then saying they did dinner, now they want the special seating.

mitros said:

Disney is a business and that's not exactly what went down with it. I explained it to Matt's quote. It's not an early entrance either, it keeps you from having to come in early for a seat. It's an almost reserved seat. If you don't get there by a certain time, we open it up to general seating. In my opinion (since I work it, I think it's pretty valuable since I've seen the show countless times and talk to the guests daily about it) the dinner package seating isn't worth it anyway. It's all the way at the end of the theatre so parts of the show don't match up with the music you're hearing as it would do correctly if you were in the middle area of the theatre. If you're not a patient person, or you have antsy kids, it's a good idea. Otherwise, wait it out, or if there are multiple shows, go to the second or third showing of it.

#10 User is offline   Doctor Seeker 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Many

Posted 20 February 2004 - 11:35 PM

People talk about the special entrance. It is just as long or longer than the regular entrance. I have seen the show from both areas. The difference to me is minor. It is worth it on busy days. Other than that, get there early. The thing I can't complain about is the food. They have great menus at all of the restaurants are great. I haven't had a meal I hated on Disney property since the eighties.

#11 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 21 February 2004 - 01:33 PM

Doctor Seeker said:

I haven't had a meal I hated on Disney property since the eighties.

Wooo...those crazy eighties 8)

#12 User is offline   disneyprincess 

• Studios God

Posted 22 February 2004 - 09:37 PM

:old: I love Disney food.

I'd still rather get there early and sit in the regular seating than all the way in dinner package, but that's just me.

#13 User is offline   TrendyMagic 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Disney. Should there be anything else?

Posted 22 February 2004 - 11:38 PM

DisneyPrincess said:

I'd still rather get there early and sit in the regular seating than all the way in dinner package, but that's just me.

Same here. I usually end up in the first two rows.

#14 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 23 February 2004 - 12:53 PM

trendymagic said:

DisneyPrincess said:

Same here. I usually end up in the first two rows.

Ditto

#15 User is offline   TrendyMagic 

• Studios God

Posted 27 February 2004 - 11:35 PM

Did you get good pics this time down Matt?

#16 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 28 February 2004 - 11:53 AM

trendymagic said:

Did you get good pics this time down Matt?

Pics of what?

#17 User is offline   disneyprincess 

• Studios God

Posted 28 February 2004 - 01:31 PM

Of Fantasmic! :blink:

#18 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 28 February 2004 - 06:46 PM

DisneyPrincess said:

Of Fantasmic! :P

Ohh, duh :blink: I got a few, but they didn't come out too well. My camera is great but night shots take some work to get right. For fireworks(a la Illuminations) it came out great but night spectacles like Spectro of Fantasmic it didn't do too well with.

#19 User is offline   TrendyMagic 

• Studios God

Posted 28 February 2004 - 10:43 PM

Well that will give me something else to do this week... Take a limo to the other side of town, Drop in at that old hotel, stalk Jillian, take pics of Fantasmic. Sounds good to me.

#20 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 28 February 2004 - 11:05 PM

Sounds like a plan

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users