• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Star Wars Weekends 2011?

#1 User is offline   Figaro 

• Studios God
  • Group: Members

Posted 09 January 2011 - 08:55 AM

Where are all the "when is SWW this year?" posts?? We're already over a week into 2011, they are usually started by now ;) We're trying to figure out whether or not to plan for Memorial Day weekend since I just found out the kids have a few extra days off around it (if we don't use any snow days....fingers crossed!!)

#2 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 09 January 2011 - 11:01 AM

Haha, yes it is "that time of year", isn't it? Well, for anyone who's curious, we typically hear SWW dates in late January or early February so we still have time.

I know many of us will be down for Weekend 1 this year.

#3 User is offline   yulilin 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Disney World, Harry Potter, Star Wars and my family

Posted 13 January 2011 - 04:37 PM

In the current Eyes & Ears it just says that Star Wars Weekends will be held in May and June, so I think it's safe to say that they will stick with previous years
Por favor mantenganse alejados de las puertas

#4 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 14 January 2011 - 11:38 AM

View Postyulilin, on 13 January 2011 - 04:37 PM, said:

In the current Eyes & Ears it just says that Star Wars Weekends will be held in May and June, so I think it's safe to say that they will stick with previous years

Thanks for the confirmation!

#5 User is offline   The Dark Lord of the Sith 

• Resident Sith Lord
  • Interests:Hockey/Star Wars/Disney

Posted 16 January 2011 - 11:22 AM

I'm anxious to see what they plug this year. Obviously the Updated Star Tours will be a big center piece that will be easy for them. I'm just hoping there is more than just plugging the next season of The Clone Wars.
The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be ...unnatural.

POFQ May 16-19

#6 User is offline   dlowe 

• Studios Newbie

Posted 16 January 2011 - 06:56 PM

I can confirm that two of the weekends are 5/28-5/29 and 6/4-6/5. I was on the phone today with a CM making some changes to my reservation and he commented that Star Wars weekends were running for both weekends that I'm there.

#7 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 16 January 2011 - 09:02 PM

View Postdlowe, on 16 January 2011 - 06:56 PM, said:

I can confirm that two of the weekends are 5/28-5/29 and 6/4-6/5. I was on the phone today with a CM making some changes to my reservation and he commented that Star Wars weekends were running for both weekends that I'm there.

Wow, thanks for the info, I'm going to call in and ask

#8 User is offline   sarahzy 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 16 January 2011 - 09:59 PM

If I get a chance tomorrow I'll call the travel agents line and see if they'll tell me.

#9 User is offline   sarahzy 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 17 January 2011 - 09:28 AM

I called the agents' line this morning and the CM I spoke with said she didn't have dates yet. She tried to look in 3 different systems and said that's marketing who decides and tells them closer to booking dates. My "client" was disappointed not to get the official word. ;)

#10 User is offline   dlowe 

• Studios Newbie

Posted 17 January 2011 - 10:34 AM

View Postsarahzy, on 17 January 2011 - 09:28 AM, said:

I called the agents' line this morning and the CM I spoke with said she didn't have dates yet. She tried to look in 3 different systems and said that's marketing who decides and tells them closer to booking dates. My "client" was disappointed not to get the official word. ;)

That's odd because when I spoke with the CM yesterday he said he had a pamphlet with the dates. I didn't pay close attention as he rattled off all the dates other than to note that it was on for both weekends I'm there, but I'm pretty sure he said it started the weekend before I arrive which would be 5/21-5/22 and ends the weekend after I leave, which would be 6/11-6/12. I think there were a few other dates in there too, like Monday, the 30th. I do recall him saying that Billy Dee Williams would be there on one of my dates, I think it was the 28th.

#11 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 17 January 2011 - 11:41 AM

View Postdlowe, on 17 January 2011 - 10:34 AM, said:

That's odd because when I spoke with the CM yesterday he said he had a pamphlet with the dates. I didn't pay close attention as he rattled off all the dates other than to note that it was on for both weekends I'm there, but I'm pretty sure he said it started the weekend before I arrive which would be 5/21-5/22 and ends the weekend after I leave, which would be 6/11-6/12. I think there were a few other dates in there too, like Monday, the 30th. I do recall him saying that Billy Dee Williams would be there on one of my dates, I think it was the 28th.

I'm wondering if your CM was looking at 2010 information? I could see them knowing the dates potentially but definitely not the celeb list.

#12 User is offline   dlowe 

• Studios Newbie

Posted 17 January 2011 - 01:26 PM

View PostQuickGold, on 17 January 2011 - 11:41 AM, said:

I'm wondering if your CM was looking at 2010 information? I could see them knowing the dates potentially but definitely not the celeb list.

Maybe he was. I really didn't get into a big conversation with him about it. The conversation was more like oh, you're going to be with us during Star Wars weekends. Its going on (and then he rattled off all the dates) and Billy Dee Williams is scheduled to be there on the ______ (I think he said the 28th). The conversation then turned to some other things that I had questions about. I'm not even sure I'll go to DHS on either weekend as I'm traveling with my 75 year old mom and I have a feeling it will be really busy during those weekends. While we both enjoyed the Star Wars movies, neither of us are huge fans.

#13 User is offline   yulilin 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Disney World, Harry Potter, Star Wars and my family

Posted 17 January 2011 - 02:07 PM

View Postdlowe, on 17 January 2011 - 01:26 PM, said:

Maybe he was. I really didn't get into a big conversation with him about it. The conversation was more like oh, you're going to be with us during Star Wars weekends. Its going on (and then he rattled off all the dates) and Billy Dee Williams is scheduled to be there on the ______ (I think he said the 28th). The conversation then turned to some other things that I had questions about. I'm not even sure I'll go to DHS on either weekend as I'm traveling with my 75 year old mom and I have a feeling it will be really busy during those weekends. While we both enjoyed the Star Wars movies, neither of us are huge fans.

He was definately looking at last years info...
Por favor mantenganse alejados de las puertas

#14 User is offline   sarahzy 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 17 January 2011 - 05:26 PM

I'm pulling for this to be Harrison Ford's year (which is as probable as Fantasmic being shown twice a day every day again and Drew Carey playing to full capacity crowds). Truthfully, since I don't watch Clone Wars I'm hoping it will be more movie focused this year.

#15 User is offline   MJMcBride 

• Safari Mike
  • Interests:star wars, sci-fi, fantasy sports, superheroes, chasing my kids and chasing my wife

Posted 18 January 2011 - 08:53 PM

since we now know that Star Tours 2 is opening on May 20th, I wonder if that means the 21st will be the first weekend
JAMBO EVERYONE!

Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

#16 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 19 January 2011 - 11:35 AM

View PostMJMcBride, on 18 January 2011 - 08:53 PM, said:

since we now know that Star Tours 2 is opening on May 20th, I wonder if that means the 21st will be the first weekend

That was my guess. Meg Crofton said Star tours would be open "just in time for Star Wars Weekends"

#17 User is offline   abcsoapfan1981 

• Studios Regular
  • Interests:Star Wars,Star Trek,Stargate ( all of them ) ABC Soap Operas....And Dsiney World of course!!!!!

Posted 25 January 2011 - 11:43 AM

View PostQuickGold, on 19 January 2011 - 11:35 AM, said:

That was my guess. Meg Crofton said Star tours would be open "just in time for Star Wars Weekends"

my neighbor works at dhs and said that they have heard a number of rumors about star wars weekend this year,she said they have heard that there will be an opening ceremony on May 20th and that George Lucus will be there,also she said the rumors are going around that Carrie Fisher could be there this year.....Dont know if any of this is true, only time will tell for sure. Just thought I would share what she told me.

Star Wars Weekends May/June 2013
Drew Brees Passing Academy,Wide World of Sports June 2013
DisneyLand and General Hospital Fanclub Weekend July 2013

#18 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 25 January 2011 - 01:24 PM

View Postabcsoapfan1981, on 25 January 2011 - 11:43 AM, said:

George Lucus will be there,also she said the rumors are going around that Carrie Fisher could be there this year.....
I wouldn't hold my breath. These rumors pop up every year.

• Group: Guests

Posted 25 January 2011 - 09:57 PM

Come on with the come on's... Announce the official dates!

#20 User is offline   IHeartTheStudios 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 02 February 2011 - 11:12 PM

That CM you spoke to was definately looking at last year's info.

No dates have been confirmed yet. But you can probably bank on the last 2 weekends in May, 1st two in August.

DEFINATELY NO GUESTS have been confirmed yet. So any rumors you are hearing? Take them with a grain of salt. Seriously, any rumors that are floating around out there have a lot more to do with wishful thinking than anything else.

Share this topic:

• 12 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users