Studios Central: "Doing" World Showcase - Studios Central

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

"Doing" World Showcase An alternative to eating (or drinking) around the world...

#1 User is offline   Crawford 

• Studios Newbie
  • Group: Members

Posted 11 September 2009 - 11:40 AM

OK, since I'm heading down during Food & Wine, I'm just not going to have room to eat around the world. The last few trips I've realized there's so much at each of the pavilions I've never seen, so I think this time I'm going to "Do" The World -- see or do something at each of them. Some of the pavilions are easy, but others I need some help with:

Canada -- film (only seen this once) Any other ideas?
Britain -- ???
France -- film (haven't seen this in 15 years)
Morocco -- ???
Japan -- ???
America -- Voices of Liberty and American Adventure
Italy -- ???
Germany -- ???
China -- film (never seen this), exhibit
Norway -- Maelstrom (I would have, anyway)
Mexico -- Gran Fiesta Tour

Can anyone suggest things to fill in the gaps? I'm not completely opposed to food-based suggestions, but I will be there during Food & Wine, so...

Thanks!

#2 User is offline   ghost1000 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 11 September 2009 - 11:46 AM

Have you seen the film in Canada since it was redone with Martin Short?

Are you interested in trying the Kim Possible World Showcase Adventure?
~~ Rita

#3 User is offline   COH#1fan 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Disney, travel, comics, live performance

Posted 11 September 2009 - 05:25 PM

Britain -- World Showcase Players as King Arthur & The Holy Grail
Morocco -- Say Hello to Aladdin & Jasmine or catch a musical act from MoRockin'
Japan -- Gooooo Shopping!
Italy -- World Showcase Players as Romeo & Edna
Germany -- Visit Snow White or Try to convince a CM that Smurfs are Belgian and not German.

Another thing you can do in Canada is catch a musical performance from Off Kilter.

Enjoy your 'round the world in 8 hours or less. ;)
"In an age of fads, copycats, and rapidly changing trends, you have chosen to stand out from the rest and be an individual. We applaud your courage and self-expression. Thanks for being a part of our show today. Don't ever change. The world needs more people with your spirit." - The Citizens of Hollywood

#4 User is offline   HDLady 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Harleys, my pets and WDW!!!

Posted 12 September 2009 - 08:38 AM

Also in the back of Britain is a garden w/ benches. It's a nice quiet place to sit (when the Beatles cover band isn't performing) or catch their performnce. They're quite good and I'm generally not a fan of cover bands.

Off Kilter is great in Canada - especially if the big guy who plays bagpipes is playing. I can't belive how good rock music sounds played on bagpipes!

Kim Possible is a fun way to experience any country that has it. I think my personal favorites are China & Britain (mostly because of the Easter Eggs - fortune cookie & golf ball). I've been to WDW a "million" times and noticed neat stuff doing Kim Possible I'd never noticed before.
Debbie
DVC Old Key West 9/27- 10/5/2013 for Food & Wine w/ friends from NJ
Board of Directors Member & Treasurer, The ConGaloosh Society, Inc., a 501(3)c not-for-profit

ConGaloosh 2013 - September 27 - 29, 2013
www.congaloosh.org

#5 User is offline   Figaro 

• Studios God

Posted 13 September 2009 - 09:04 AM

Britain: try to hit the pub during one of the performances in there. We also like the butterfly garden behind the tea shoppe.

Germany: love watching the artists in the shops, sometimes they have an artist from Goebel there & they usually have a speciality artist in the store across the way. The kids will watch those trains for hours if they could! Also, the clock is pretty cool to watch when it rings.

If you are into museums, Japan has a small one in the back (might be closed to switch exhibits though?) & inside the Norway church is a nice mini Viking museum.

#6 User is offline   Crawford 

• Studios Newbie

Posted 28 September 2009 - 09:06 PM

Thanks for the ideas! I'm still not sure what I'm going to do, but I've got a good list now!

#7 User is offline   TheInfrequentVisitor 

• Studios Veteran
  • Interests:Disney, Music, Movies

Posted 29 September 2009 - 08:07 AM

I realize you already have something for China, but make sure you see the Chinese acrobats. They're excellent.

#8 User is offline   ADP 

• ADP
  • Interests:Golf, Disney, Sports Junkie!

Posted 01 October 2009 - 09:52 AM

View PostTheInfrequentVisitor, on Sep 29 2009, 09:07 AM, said:

I realize you already have something for China, but make sure you see the Chinese acrobats. They're excellent.

Have to agree....They maybe the best entertainment in the World Showcase. Don't miss them.

#9 User is offline   Rinjo 

• Studios God
  • Interests:My Children and Family, Disney, Games, UFC

Posted 08 October 2009 - 02:03 AM

I know you havenít posted Italy yet, and someone posted the performing group already but I second that they are amusing and well worth your time!

In Germany, I love watching The British. What I like watching even more is the people around them that have a nostalgic look in their eye and seem to be transported to a place long ago when they watched the real Beatles perform. This is a piece of Disney Magic that I think is often overlooked.

I think a lot of people are generally moved by 'The British' in a way that a lot of other Disney Entertainment is unable to move you. You have to imagine that a lot of people, older ladies especially, have a very strong connection to the Beatles of old...

Next time you are there I recommend taking time to watch not only 'The British', but the crowd as well.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users