Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Trivia

#1 User is offline   Jacknife 

• Studios Veteran
  • Group: Members

Posted 26 July 2004 - 07:43 PM

I understand that I'm new here, but I have a few suggestions that may make the trivia questions a little more entertaining.
They will require modification of the phpbb source, but I think that people would like the new format...

1. Disallow the trivia question from being viewed by guests.
(no peek at the trivia question - no cheating.)

2. Hide all posts other than the initial question from being viewed until the winners have been decided.
(no copying answers - no cheating)

3. Capture the timestamp when a player reads the thread, and only allow them 5 minutes to post their answer.
(Don't allow time for extensive internet searches - no cheating)

4. Disallow secondary posts, and editing of previous posts until the winner has been chosen.
(prevent people from changing their answer - no cheating)

5. Ensure that no lengthy answers are needed.
(Make the game fair for slow typists)

It should be possible to implement a few sticky bits, as well as some other minor properties within the local database to enable these features.

#2 User is offline   TrendyMagic 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Disney. Should there be anything else?

Posted 26 July 2004 - 07:47 PM

Some of those might be nice but Matt has already stated: Use your resources around you, Guess are free no matter how many.

A simple PM to someone onthe board may help you with the answer. Also those who are CM's have posted the wrong answers before just to see who copied them. Sorty before the deadline they would give the correct answer.

Anyways it is just one MGM point.

#3 User is offline   Jacknife 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 26 July 2004 - 07:59 PM

No big... I was just offering my two-cents as a newbie. :D

#4 User is offline   disneyprincess 

• Studios God

Posted 26 July 2004 - 09:16 PM

trendymagic said:

Also those who are CM's have posted the wrong answers before just to see who copied them. Sorty before the deadline they would give the correct answer.

I've done that, and been copied with the wrong answer just because I'm a CM. I've also made my text color the same as the background color and that seemed to confuse people as to what my answer was. If it were for money or something I might agree, but they are just points :D

#5 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 27 July 2004 - 11:27 AM

Jacknife said:

I understand that I'm new here, but I have a few suggestions that may make the trivia questions a little more entertaining.

First, thank you for the suggestions. I always welcome new suggestions from anyone because I'm always interested in making the site better and more enjoyable, so don't feel just because you havent posted a thousand times before or your name isn't Jillian, that you can't suggest something :)

Regarding your suggestions, they're good but it's easier said than done. Reworking that much of these boards I don't think is worth the effort. Now, this is of course assuming the necessary work to complete your suggestions is as labor intensive as I'm presuming it to be.

Do some people "cheat", whether it be flat out copying or just comparing what they thought to others? Probably. The point of this the trivia and picture of the week is to have fun. So if you have your fun by really testing your noggin or get satisfaction out of getting your points elsewhere, that's what matters. If there were a more perfect way to pose these questions (i.e. like the way Jason did the Survivor questions), then I'd be for it. But until that way is easy and available, we're stuck with what we've got.

Keep the great suggestions coming! :)

#6 User is offline   TrendyMagic 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Disney. Should there be anything else?

Posted 27 July 2004 - 05:00 PM

QuickGold said:

If there were a more perfect way to pose these questions (i.e. like the way Jason did the Survivor questions), then I'd be for it.

Keep the great suggestions coming! :)

That was a bit of work too! But well worth it. :P I tend to run to the park a bunch for the answers if I can't find them in my pics/resources. Yes I do have it a bit too easy and fun sometimes.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users