Studios Central: Rob's Family Vacation to WDW - June 2004 - Day 4 - MK/MGM - Studios Central

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Rob's Family Vacation to WDW - June 2004 - Day 4 - MK/MGM

#1 User is offline   rob_wilson 

• Resident Game Show Expert
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Disney, Trivia

Posted 12 June 2004 - 08:17 PM

Players: Rob (the guy footing the bill), Debbie (the wife), Donny (the son), Hayley (the daughter)

Lodging: Port Orleans: French Quarter an EPCOT Resort

Dates: 6/3-6/10 (This post relates to 6/6)

Transportation: Nissan Quest van

Headed out from our room at 8:30 and headed for the Magic Kingdom. It was the Early Magic Hour Day for MK, but we didn't take advantage of it. We entered the park shortly after the regular opening time of 9 am after crossing the lake via ferry boat.

The one thing on all of our "to do" lists was to see Mickey's Philharmagic. Expecting it to be a busy show, we made a beeline toward the attraction intending to get Fast Passes. We were surprised to find little or no line at the show. So, we opted to forget about the Fast Passes and headed on in to see it.

We all loved the new 3-D film. Being more "old school" Disney than the rest of the group, I was somewhat disappointed that most of the characters in the movie were of the more recent films. I won't go into details of the show to avoid spoiling it for those who have yet to see it. However, I'll be glad to elaborate further if anyone is interested in hearing via private message.

The rest of the morning and early afternoon was spent riding many of the classics, including Snow White's Scary Adventure, Mad Tea Party, Pirates of the Caribbean, Jungle Cruise, Haunted Mansion, People Mover, and Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin. In what has become something of a tradition, we had lunch at Pecos Bill's. I'm amazed how many people don't even realize this place exists. I've introduced a few different people to this restaurant over the years and all have loved it. The fixin's bar is probably the best at WDW.

By mid afternoon, Tim and Erika were overheating and decided to go back to the hotel room. Realizing that this was the last day we could take part in any of the Star Wars weekend activities, and that we had failed to get pictures of the kids with Jedi Mickey, the rest of us headed back to MGM.

We managed to get a couple pictures with the Star Wars crew before they went in for a bit. We took the opportunity to grab a bite to eat at Pizza Planet and then caught back up with the characters. We got photos with two different types of Stormtroopers, Mace Windu, Jedi Mickey, Kit Fisto, and an Ewok. Afterwards, we decided to head over to Who Wants To Be A Millionaire again thinking we'd get Fast Passes to get into the last show of the day. Our timing was perfect, as we managed to get there just as they were about to close the door to the next to last show of the day. So, instead of getting in one show, we got into two. No luck in getting into the Hot Seat this time, though.

After the two shows, Debbie and the kids headed up to the front of the park to check with Lost and Found as Donny had left his baseball cap at the Sci-Fi Dine-In theater the night before. While they were trying to deal with that, I headed over to Fantasmic! and attempted to make contact with Jillian. Shortly after 8 pm I gave up as it had started raining about 20 minutes earlier and it was starting to pick up the pace. We headed back to the hotel to finish out the evening.

(To Be Continued)

#2 User is offline   TrendyMagic 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Disney. Should there be anything else?

Posted 12 June 2004 - 09:00 PM

Finally visited Peco's Bills a few weeks ago. Really enjoyed it. It is hidden pretty well.

#3 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 12 June 2004 - 09:26 PM

Philharmagic is great, and I'd say the best 3D show out there. Never ate at Peco's Bill, but seeing how it sounds even better than Backlot Express, I'll give it a shot next time. Great TR!

#4 User is offline   rob_wilson 

Posted 13 June 2004 - 07:41 AM

QuickGold said:

Philharmagic is great, and I'd say the best 3D show out there. Never ate at Peco's Bill, but seeing how it sounds even better than Backlot Express, I'll give it a shot next time. Great TR!

Yes, definitely better than Backlot Express. Two of the highlights:

1. The Fixin's Bar includes cheese sauce that is perfect for french fry dipping

2. They serve Root Beer floats

#5 User is offline   disneyprincess 

• Studios God

Posted 20 June 2004 - 07:42 AM

Pecos Bill's rocks! I love that place :P They have the great fixings bar with my cheese sauce -it's getting rarer and rarer....
I posted about this in Day 3, but I had said I was only going to be working the 9th and 10th :D

#6 User is offline   rob_wilson 

Posted 20 June 2004 - 08:57 AM

DisneyPrincess said:

Pecos Bill's rocks! I love that place :P They have the great fixings bar with my cheese sauce -it's getting rarer and rarer....
I posted about this in Day 3, but I had said I was only going to be working the 9th and 10th :D

Hmmm...must have went right by me. I knew you said that you definitely wouldn't be there on the 3rd or 4th, but not that you would only be there on the 9th and 10th. We left early on the 10th, and turned in kind of early on the 9th in order to be able to do so. Guess it just wasn't in the cards to meet up this trip.

Not sure when we will be back down there right now. The only Disney trip we currently have planned is to take our 3-night Disney cruise in late October. I really want to get out to Disneyland, but nothing planned yet. I'm thinking I want to go during the 50th Anniversary celebration, but there is also a DCA WWTBAM-PI! attraction that is calling to me. 8)

Welcome back, by the way.

Rob

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users