Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Reunion 2010 Online Meet-And-Greet

#1 User is offline   TikiGoddess 

• Studios Newbie
  • Group: Members

Posted 26 September 2010 - 08:25 PM

Interested in meeting people before you get to Reunion? Here's the place for it!

Let's get the party started early!

Kathy

#2 User is offline   dd_indy 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 26 September 2010 - 08:27 PM

Great idea. I'm the guy who took the photos that you see on the Reunion web site.
Share and enjoy!

Dennis

#3 User is offline   TinkyBell 

• Studios Newbie

Posted 26 September 2010 - 08:31 PM

This is a great idea. I was wondering how come there was no official Reunion Forum, not even on the Reunion site. So ... nice to meet you, and I'll be taking loads of pictures too! B)

Nora
Nora
(aka TinkyBell)
---
Language is a virus. Please help spread it.
http://nora-martinez.artistwebsites.com/

#4 User is offline   dd_indy 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 26 September 2010 - 08:39 PM

There's also a Reunion planning thread here: http://www.studiosce...?showtopic=7142
Share and enjoy!

Dennis

#5 User is offline   TikiGoddess 

• Studios Newbie

Posted 26 September 2010 - 09:29 PM

Awesome. Let's see how many people we can get over here. It'll be neat to have some prior knowledge for Reunion newbies like me...

I'll start off -- I'm a music teacher in CT, total Disney World 'geek'. Usually go to WDW every summer (remember I'm a teacher -- summer is the only time available), as my in-laws live in Tampa, and who can go to FL without visiting Disney?? My husband is an ex-CM (now also a music teacher) and I have two awesome girls, ages 5 and 7. But this trip I'll be doing solo, staying at Pop. Have to figure out how to tell the girls that I'm going to WDW without them... better budget money for souvenirs...

Kathy

#6 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 27 September 2010 - 11:07 AM

View PostTinkyBell, on Sep 26 2010, 09:31 PM, said:

This is a great idea. I was wondering how come there was no official Reunion Forum, not even on the Reunion site.

The reason for that is there's a lot of forums out there and I thought about making one this year but we're all ingrained in so many communities already so whether you post on here or some other site, we felt it was best to leave the discussion there. But it's more than welcome right here B)

#7 User is offline   Michelle M 

• Studios Newbie

Posted 20 October 2010 - 05:58 AM

So, I'll introduce myself, Michelle here (and to my mom) and @dznymum at twitter and usually wesmom elsewhere :lol: I will be at WDW from Sat 11/27 night to the following Sat 12/4 am! :) I will be traveling with my DS4 and my mom (who I annually drag away from her 2 granddaughters to spend one on one time with her only grandson at Disney World, or to start Disneyland) I have a ticket for the Meet, Eat and Greet and plans to do something Reunion everyday: Wed- possibly Trails End (I have resv for both Ohana and Trails End) or maybe drinks at the Poly later, Thurs - Dole Whip, Friday- SSE, Sat- Diamond meet. I think it's a great idea to know a few people before I get down there. I was in WDW for Reunion last year and I went to nothing :) , so this year the ticket buying for the Meet should help with that ;) Anyways, I plan on wearing a few site pins to draw attention to being open to talking to people, but... So, if any of you all are down earlier and want to say hi, we're getting APs this trip so for the first time ever we can park hop and don't have to live by our ADRs!

#8 User is offline   yulilin 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Disney World, Harry Potter, Star Wars and my family

Posted 20 October 2010 - 07:01 AM

Hi Michelle;
We will be at all the DHS meet events, I'll be the mom with 2 kids (Son 14 and daughter 10), it's fun to put faces to the people you chat with online. It's great having AP, it gives you time to really appreciate each park, discover the little hidden treasures or just sit down and people watch. See you in Dec.
Por favor mantenganse alejados de las puertas

#9 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 20 October 2010 - 05:01 PM

I think you have a great attitude about meeting people Michelle, and I hope you have a great time during Reunion!

#10 User is offline   Michelle M 

• Studios Newbie

Posted 20 October 2010 - 08:45 PM

Yulady- I'll definately keep an eye out for you that morning! I am happy to hear someone else is bringing their kids :blink:
These APs will be our firsts, so I really am hoping to actually relax a bit in the parks. See you in Dec!

Matt- I really have enjoyed reading, listening to and chatting with so many people, so I think it will be fun to meet them in person! And, thank you!

#11 User is offline   TikiGoddess 

• Studios Newbie

Posted 21 October 2010 - 05:51 PM

I'm looking forward to meeting you all at Reunion! From the meets I've done in CT (and one at WDW) everyone has been very friendly. The thought of showing up at the first meet is intimidating to me -- I am not an outgoing person by nature -- but after that first one I think I'll be fine. I fly in on Thursday and will be attending the Frontierland meet first, as I can't get into MK until 4pm for the Christmas Party. Also hoping to go to lots of meets that night (until I fall asleep on my feet from being awake since 4am), Epcot Meet and Greet, SSE, Illuminations party, some Studios meets, and maybe some Pixelmania events.

I just noticed that there's an AllEars meet on the Studios day -- 8:30am-10:00am. Details on the allears website.

Kathy

#12 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 22 October 2010 - 10:53 AM

View PostTikiGoddess, on Oct 21 2010, 06:51 PM, said:

The thought of showing up at the first meet is intimidating to me -- I am not an outgoing person by nature -- but after that first one I think I'll be fine.

You're not alone Kathy but you should know that I really think people at these meets are pretty welcoming. Just put yourself out there and I think you'll fit right in.

Also for those like Kathy or Michelle whom I don't know very well (yet), please let me know you're Kathy or Michelle or whomever from Studios Central. I'm terrible with names but I generally do a better job remembering if they are members of this site and I want to make sure I talk to folks from this site a little more than the others :blink:

#13 User is offline   darrylpan 

• Studios Newbie
  • Interests:Disney Travel Books Cooking Computers

Posted 24 October 2010 - 12:16 PM

This will be the first time for my wife and I to participate in Reunion. We hope to attend many of the planned events. I am especially excited about The Dole Whip meet and I think my wife is really looking forward to the Desert and Delight meet. We live in the White Mountains of New Hampshire. We are generally not shy but sometimes take a while to become comfortable in group situations.I am looking forward to meeting all the Disney fans and making new friends. We will be arriving on Nov 30th and will be at the World till Dec 10th. We are staying at Port Orleans French Quarter.This will be our first solo trip without our Adult children and Grandchildren and probally the only time we will get away with out bringing them. In addition to the Reunion events I am looking forward to visiting the Resorts to see the Holiday decorations(a favorite activity). I did get free food with my package this year so I have deemed this trip a food trip and plan on snacking heavilly. Since I will be consuming so much of Disneys no calorie food I will need something to wash it down so I do plan to try many of the specialty drinks at the World. My wife (Elaine) does not like some of the thrill rides while I am a big fan. I dont like riding solo so I will be looking for volunteers to ride TOT and RNRC as well as Expedition Everest.Looking forward to meeting everyone in just a little over 5 weeks.

#14 User is offline   MJMcBride 

• Safari Mike
  • Interests:star wars, sci-fi, fantasy sports, superheroes, chasing my kids and chasing my wife

Posted 24 October 2010 - 09:53 PM

Hi, Michelle and welcome
JAMBO EVERYONE!

Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

#15 User is offline   Michelle M 

• Studios Newbie

Posted 25 October 2010 - 05:08 PM

Hello back, MJMcBride, and thanks! :D

darrylpan, I love your eat and drink through the World plan! I did it last year and it was fantastic! Like you said, no calories ;)

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users