Studios Central: Back From The World (2/1/09 - 2/8/09): Sunday, 2/1/09 - Studios Central

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Back From The World (2/1/09 - 2/8/09): Sunday, 2/1/09

#1 User is offline   JWinNJ 

• Studios Newbie
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Working Out, Travel

Posted 15 February 2009 - 11:04 AM

Hi everyone, I'm back from my solo trip to the Boardwalk from 2/1/09 - 2/8/09. It was the best trip in a very long time! Here is the start of my trip report.

Sunday, 2/1/09
The plane took off from Newark airport on an 8:15AM flight, everything went smoothly, got in around 11AM. My bag was one of the first off of the carousel and went to National Car Rental's Emerald Aisle to pick out my car. I got a Pontiac G6 with heated leather seats (and I needed the heated seats on this trip) and XM radio, it was very nice. I got a little lost leaving the airport, but eventually found my way to Rt 417 and over to the Boardwalk.

I pulled in to the Boardwalk a little after 12PM, and stopped at the guard stand to announce my arrival, then I parked in the self-parking lot and walked up to the hotel with my luggage. When I got to the front door, a cast member was waiting for me and brought me to the fourth floor concierge desk for a private check-in.

The cast member checking me in was very helpful (her name was Marta) and walked me to my room (room 4240). The Boardwalk rooms have been completely refurbished in the past six months and they are beautiful. I had a room with a king size bed (very nice when travelling solo) with flat screen TV, new carpeting, wallpaper, etc. All in all it was very nice.

Then, Marta walked me over to "The Innkeeper's Club," the concierge lounge. It is a beautiful lounge with plenty of seating. The lounge had outstanding food, and you eat off of real china and use silverware! I will list the food offerings at the bottom of this post.

Marta told me that I could have bottled water for my room, all I needed to do was ask a concierge CM and they would give me a glass bottle (1 liter) of Evian. This was very nice.

Now I went back to my room and got ready to go to Epcot. Walked over to Epcot and went to lunch at Nine Dragons. I was seated near the window and am pretty sure I saw Matt and Marissa walk by outside. The lunch was good but expensive, $30 w/tip for Chicken Consumme W/Dumplings (fancy way to describe Wonton soup) and Honey Sesame Chicken. Also I don't know why they closed this restaurant for months, it didn't seem to me like too much changed inside...they just raised the prices.

Anyway, walked around World Showcase for the afternoon and then went back to the hotel to go to the pool and to get ready for dinner at Flying Fish Cafe. I was able to get this reservation last minute from the Concierge (I was planning to Flying Fish later in the week, but felt like going that night). Dinner was outstanding I had Fried Tilapia (raised at The Land in Epcot) and a Key Lime Sampler (Key Lime & Pineapple sorbet and a Key Lime Tart) for dessert.

Then I went back to the room to go to sleep, it was about 8PM and I was tired...had been up since 4AM!

Here is the schedule of "The Innkeeper's Club" food offerings:

Breakfast 7A-10A-Cold cereal, hot oatmeal, fresh fruit (grapes, strawberries, cantaloupe, pineapple, halved grapefruit), yogurt, danish (chocolate, cherry, cheese), cinnamon rolls, croissants, bagels, milk, chocolate milk, orange juice.

There was also a coffee machine where with the touch of a button you could get coffee, cappuccino, espresso, cafe latte, cafe mocha, hot chocolate, etc. This was available all day long.

Snacks 11A-4P
-Individual size bags of potato chips and pretzels, cookies, mixed nuts, Goldfish crackers, Uncrustable PB&J sandwiches, lemonade, iced tea and soda (Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, ginger ale)

Hors D'ouerves 5P-7P-Each day there was a vegetable tray, a cheese tray and flatbreads with dips (hummus, etc.).

Then each day there were two hot hors d'ouerves, there were things like:
-Rigatoni pasta with shrimp
-Steak Kabobs (steak, peppers, onions)
-New England Clam Chowder
-BBQ pulled pork with white bread to make sandwiches
-Skewers of Shrimp, Steak and Chicken.

There was a red wine and white wine as well as bottled beer (Corona, Heineken, Michelob, Miller Lite).

Desserts 8P-10P
-Chocolate dipped strawberries, fruit tarts, mini bite sized cheesecakes, brownies, cookies, etc.

There were also cordials (Courvoisier, Kahlua, Grand Marnier).

Jason

#2 User is offline   YoPaulie 

• Senior Studios Member

Posted 15 February 2009 - 03:42 PM

Nice review of the concierge offerings @ Boardwalk! It's one of the Home Resorts for my family's DVC membership, so we'd likely never stay concierge, but it's good to know!

What did you do the rest of the trip?

Please read my blog, The World by Day
Follow me on Twitter! YoPaulieNJ

#3 User is offline   JWinNJ 

• Studios Newbie
  • Interests:Working Out, Travel

Posted 22 February 2009 - 06:44 PM

Thank you! I'll be continuing the trip report very soon!
Jason

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users