• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

A few questions about SWW 2008...

#1 User is offline   joedom 

• Studios Newbie
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Disney, Star Wars, Nintendo, Running

Posted 13 June 2008 - 12:51 PM

Looks like we'll be going down and attending SWW next Friday, June 20th. For those who've gone and/or are in the know, I have a few questions:

1. Are any of the non-exclusive SWW merchandise items available anywhere else at the Park, besides Wicket's Warehouse? I was hoping to pick up t-shirts, mugs, etc. at World of Disney @ Downtown Disney.

2. What time(s) is the SW parade?

3. If we're not interested in autographs, but have interest in merchandise, what time should we arrive at Hollywood Studios?

4. Any other good tips for a family of 5?

Thanks,

Joe

#2 User is offline   kimdben 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 13 June 2008 - 02:35 PM

1. Some merchandise is available over at Tattooine Traders, but the SWW stuff is only available at Wicket's.

2. Parade starts at 11:50AM

3. Anytime you like. Later in the morning or even afternoon is better esp. if you go into Wicket's. Tattoine's is packed almost any time with it being at the end of Star Tours.

4. Not being part of a big family, I can't answer this one, Sorry.
Kim
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#3 User is offline   darthstich 

• Dark Lord of the Stitch
  • Interests:Disney, Star Wars

Posted 13 June 2008 - 10:10 PM

1. Non-Exclusive is available elsewhere and just about every other shop is Selling it in DHS, but things like Action Figures T-shirts and Non-exclusive Pins are in Downtown Disney.

2. 11:40 am with the Celeb Welcome at 12:00 pm

3. Avoid early morning crowds and wait until later in the Day about 10:30. By then they SWW Merchandise Zombies have left lol. And Kimdben is correct about the Tattoine Trader's though i have been pretty disappointed with them this year due to lack of new stuff...

4. Keep together, bring snacks and lots of water, Fastpasses are your best friend, and go to stuff at least 30 Minutes Before Show time.

#4 User is offline   kimdben 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 13 June 2008 - 11:42 PM

Oh, by the way I just noticed you mentioned that you would be going on a Friday, if you are in town for the weekend try to avoid Friday it's usually busier esp. in the morning.

What do you hope to see? That is your deciding factor as to what time to get there. Most SW stuff starts after 10AM. Since you're not interested in the autographs then it doesn't matter what time you get there, however if you want to view the stormtroopers on the roof top, they start around 8:30AM.

I was hoping to pick up t-shirts, mugs, etc. at World of Disney @ Downtown Disney.

I don't recall them having anything SW. That store is usually just Disney merch.
You can get pins over at the Pin Traders station or inside the store. Pins are the only SW stuff I remember them having.

DarthStich is correct about the parade time, bad me I didn't look up the time. I just remembered that it was later this year than previously.
Kim

#5 User is offline   The Dark Lord of the Sith 

• Resident Sith Lord
  • Interests:Hockey/Star Wars/Disney

Posted 14 June 2008 - 09:00 AM

I didn't see an SWW merch at Downtown Disney. You can do OK with some non limited edition items down by the little outdoor shop at Sounds Dangerous.
The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be ...unnatural.

POFQ May 16-19

#6 User is offline   darthstich 

• Dark Lord of the Stitch
  • Interests:Disney, Star Wars

Posted 14 June 2008 - 09:03 AM

The Dark Lord of the Sith said:

I didn't see an SWW merch at Downtown Disney. You can do OK with some non limited edition items down by the little outdoor shop at Sounds Dangerous.

Yeah Like i said NON-Exclusive merchandise is avaialable at Downtown Disney. They have a whole Section of Star Wars Toys in Once Upon a Toy, plenty of Pins in the Pin Store, Some T-shirts in the World of Disney Store, and some of the Cheaper Merch in the $10 Dollar and Under Store

#7 User is offline   kimdben 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 16 June 2008 - 01:16 PM

they start around 8:30AM

The stormtroopers actually start at 8:15AM. They used to start at 8:30AM. They let you in the park at 8:30AM, but if you don't want an autograph it's not worth getting there before 9AM. If you go in earlier, you end up standing around waiting for the park to open.

As for the parade time, by the time it gets to where I usually stand it is around 11:50AM.
Kim

#8 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 16 June 2008 - 04:54 PM

Kim is right that the storm troopers start at 8:15. They had let us into the park by 8:30 after the first storm trooper spiel was over.

#9 User is offline   el_strategista 

• Studios Newbie

Posted 16 June 2008 - 10:46 PM

On the first and second weekends, I got some SWW pins in the Sorcerer's hat location instead of waiting in the long lines at the TT and WW.

#10 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 17 June 2008 - 11:04 AM

el_strategista said:

On the first and second weekends, I got some SWW pins in the Sorcerer's hat location instead of waiting in the long lines at the TT and WW.
The distribution of SWW merchandise has gotten very good compared to the days when all the SWW merch was basically just in Tattooine Traders ;)

#11 User is offline   The Dark Lord of the Sith 

• Resident Sith Lord

Posted 17 June 2008 - 03:24 PM

Boy is Matt right about that. Anyone who thinks it is a madhouse now should have been there whe EVERYTHING was in Tattoine Traders. With the people coming off the ride and all the Limited Edition Merchandise People, it was beyond crazy!
The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be ...unnatural.

POFQ May 16-19

#12 User is offline   joedom 

• Studios Newbie
  • Interests:Disney, Star Wars, Nintendo, Running

Posted 18 June 2008 - 06:37 AM

Thanks all for the tips...we're down here now. We did a little recon (after 7pm) of Hollywood Studios last night in preparation for our full assault on Friday.

1. Ride lines were almost non-existant! Got right on Star Tours and the Tower.

2. No one at Tatooine Traders!!! We were able to pick up some non-exclusive goodies. They had some of the SWW stuff (magnets, shirts, et.c) just not the fancy collectibles. Went ahead and got my white SWW Stormtrooper shirt for Friday.

3. Great kiosk next to the Naboo picture spot with some more SWW goodies. But we did learn the good stuff is only available during SWW itself at Wickets Warehouse.

Took lots of pictures. First part is Epcot. Pages 4 and 5 of the set are Hollywood Studios. Here are the direct links:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/joedom/sets/7...1478448/?page=4
http://www.flickr.com/photos/joedom/sets/7...1478448/?page=5

See some of y'all on Friday?

Darth Joe

#13 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 18 June 2008 - 11:15 AM

Great photos Joe!

Star Tours never really has a line. Even during SWW, by afternoon the line there is really non-existant. Basically, if there is a line for Star Tours (more than 10 mins) come back later.

As you've discovered while there are plenty of places around the Studios to buy SWW merchandise, by far Wickets is the best. Just get your credit card ready :lol:

I should be in the Studios sometime Sunday morning (wearing my Studios Central shirt of course :trooper: )

#14 User is offline   The Dark Lord of the Sith 

• Resident Sith Lord

Posted 19 June 2008 - 08:00 PM

Just a continuation of what I said in another section. If your looking for something cool to buy, keep and eye open for the PINK Droid, R2-K2. It's neat looking and for a great cause in MAKE-A-WISH. I don't typically like to sound like I'm pushing anything, but I really like this!

POFQ May 16-19

#15 User is offline   HDLady 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Harleys, my pets and WDW!!!

Posted 20 June 2008 - 07:12 AM

A tiny suggestion to add to the others which I even do when at the parks with other adults: pick a spot in each park to meet up in case you do get separated.
Debbie
DVC Old Key West 9/27- 10/5/2013 for Food & Wine w/ friends from NJ
Board of Directors Member & Treasurer, The ConGaloosh Society, Inc., a 501(3)c not-for-profit

ConGaloosh 2013 - September 27 - 29, 2013
www.congaloosh.org

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users