• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Annual Pass Question combining previous purchases into 1 AP

#1 User is offline   MaxiBarns 

• Studios Veteran
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Running, Eating, Laughing, Running, Eating, Laughing

Posted 28 September 2011 - 10:10 PM

I have a quick question...I think. I have two unused tickets that I am fairly sure I can use & put them toward the cost of an annual pass. Here's the question: We were in WDW in Aug, I purchased a Ticket via The Disney YES program (Youth Educational Series) One day went unused. Is it possible, to use what we paid for this ticket, add it to the two other tickets & then start the annual pass as of our August travel date?

#2 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 03 October 2011 - 11:00 AM

Not sure but it's worth a shot. I'd definitely try and see what happens.

#3 User is offline   ADP 

• ADP
  • Interests:Golf, Disney, Sports Junkie!

Posted 10 October 2011 - 11:55 AM

I'm pretty sure the 2 unused days can be applied, but they will be prorated depending on the number of days originally purchased on those passes. As far as the YES ticket I'm not sure those can be redeemed since they are specially priced and more deeply discounted. As Matt said it doesn't hurt to ask.

As far as starting your AP - as long as it's a new AP and not a renewal you can start it anytime you want. You can purchase an AP voucher and redeem it or just buy a new AP and it will start the day you purchase it. All of this can be done at a Guest Services window, ticket window, or (as of just recently I believe) at a Disney resort Concierge desk.

#4 User is offline   MaxiBarns 

• Studios Veteran
  • Interests:Running, Eating, Laughing, Running, Eating, Laughing

Posted 13 October 2011 - 09:04 PM

I did this while I was there. They said that you can only use one ticket towards the upgrade to an annual pass...so I used my 5 day no expr that I bought for the ToT race several years ago. The CM told me that if I bought the same ticket today, I would have paid $213 more for the same ticket. I only paid about $100 & upgraded to the AP. As I walked away from customer service I realized I paid in total about $390 for the AP. The one big risk in this plan, was losing the ticket.

BTW I bought the 5 day ticket from UnderCover Tourist, I had read somewhere to make sure to "activate" the card, ie. use it in the turnstiles before upgrading it to the AP, this way I got the Disney price & not the discounted price...it turned out to be true.

#5 User is offline   Jeanine 

• Senior Studios Member

Posted 15 October 2011 - 05:21 AM

Hm. That's pretty interesting--I had actually always thought that it would be less of a deal to use old tickets to upgrade rather than just use them, because I thought you would only get the original price you paid for them dedicated to the upgrade. When I added more days onto my Mom's ticket on this last trip however, I do remember the CM saying something like he had to bring them up to current pricing or I'd end up paying more.

I think I even have tickets with old Downtown Disney admissions on them. Now I have to save those until they put something back in there worth admission.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users