• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

DHS vs. USF

#1 User is offline   Studio Kid 

• Studios Veteran
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Visiting the Studios

Posted 13 August 2009 - 11:29 AM

This is a very huge debate that me and my family have been debating and I want to know how you all feel. Which is better Disney MGM er i mean Hollywood Studios or Universal Studios Florida. I kno we are all die hard disney fans here and when my family and i debate i always say DHS but look at as 1st timers to central florida.

DHS major attractions- Tower of Terror, Rock 'n' Roller Coaster, Toy Story Mania!, Lights, Motors, Action! Extreme Stunt Show, Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular, and Star Tours. USF major attractions- Shrek 4-D, Revenge of the Mummy, JAWS, Men in Black, The Simpsons Ride, Terminator 2: 3-D, and soon to open (whenever that is) Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit. DHS has 6 and USF has 7. Not saying attractions make a parks better but they attract people. Even though simpsons is more updated and thrilling simulator experience than star tours.

Nightime entertainment- DHS: FANTASMIC! and USF: Universal 360. Each is shown to a limit and in my opinion FANTASMIC! beats 30 all day.

Extra stuff: USF has REAL STUDIO PRODUCTION!!! DHS not so much. That can be a big part because there's nothing like seeing your favorite tv show film being shot on location.

So I ask you (looking through the eyes of a first time visitor whose been 2 both on their vacation) which is a better studio themed park? I will still say DHS because of the variety of entertainment that is offered tied into their impressive attractions. But please leave your answer along with any other comments on why to your decision.
Thanks.
Studio Kid.

#2 User is offline   MJMcBride 

• Safari Mike
  • Interests:star wars, sci-fi, fantasy sports, superheroes, chasing my kids and chasing my wife

Posted 13 August 2009 - 09:55 PM

even though DHS is my least favorite of the 3 disney parks, I enjoy it much more than USF. My time at USF was spent on lines with lots of breakdowns, particularly Jaws and then King Kong
JAMBO EVERYONE!

Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

#3 User is offline   darthstich 

• Dark Lord of the Stitch
  • Interests:Disney, Star Wars

Posted 13 August 2009 - 10:57 PM

You go to a Disney's Hollywood Studios themed site and ask this question? Of course we are all going to say DHS lol.

Universal just can't match the quality of a Disney theme park no question.

#4 User is offline   TheInfrequentVisitor 

• Studios Veteran
  • Interests:Disney, Music, Movies

Posted 14 August 2009 - 08:52 AM

DHS, no doubt. I haven't been to Universal since some of the new rides have been added, but I remember walking away thinking, "Why did I just spend a day there when I could have been at Disney World?"

#5 User is offline   Studio Kid 

• Studios Veteran
  • Interests:Visiting the Studios

Posted 14 August 2009 - 10:39 AM

View Postdarthstich, on Aug 13 2009, 11:57 PM, said:

You go to a Disney's Hollywood Studios themed site and ask this question? Of course we are all going to say DHS lol.

Universal just can't match the quality of a Disney theme park no question.

i no lol i feel real stupid i just wanted to see. pretty dumb on my part

#6 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 14 August 2009 - 10:46 AM

I went to USF in May for the first time in years and it had some nice elements to it, for instance I like how their walkways/streets are MUCH wider than at DHS, but their attractions never did much for me in terms of enduring enjoyment of them.

#7 User is offline   CyclingMickey 

• Studios Newbie

Posted 15 August 2009 - 05:21 PM

DHS all the way. We have been to Universal, but there is nothing present that makes you want to go back for more in my opinion. We see what kind of job they do with the Harry Potter World and then it might be worth a trip back.

#8 User is offline   surfpark 

• Studios God

Posted 16 August 2009 - 05:14 PM

So you're having a debate, and you come to THIS forum for an unbiased resolution? Are you nuts? I think you sought out people that you knew would agree with you, regardless of logic.

Rather than trying to calculate ride numbers or other justifications, ask yourself which experience would make the most amount of people happy. If its really split half an half, why not just do both? Skip Animal Kingdom or Sea World. Do both studios.

#9 User is offline   YoPaulie 

• Senior Studios Member

Posted 16 August 2009 - 06:16 PM

View PostMJMcBride, on Aug 13 2009, 10:55 PM, said:

even though DHS is my least favorite of the 3 disney parks,

3 parks? LOL :P

Please read my blog, The World by Day
Follow me on Twitter! YoPaulieNJ

#10 User is offline   TheInfrequentVisitor 

• Studios Veteran
  • Interests:Disney, Music, Movies

Posted 16 August 2009 - 07:50 PM

That's cold.

#11 User is offline   Owen 

• Studios Newbie

Posted 18 August 2009 - 11:46 AM

I'm a fan of both parks, although I do like DHS better.

Universal has some great attractions. I mean who wouldn't give an arm and a leg to have Revenge of the Mummy at DHS? I think on the whole there's a bit more to do at Universal Studios, as expected with it being their main park. However, I think the Studios has better quality attractions on the whole.

Hollywood Rip, Ride and Rockit will be interesting though I'm sure.

#12 User is offline   MJMcBride 

• Safari Mike
  • Interests:star wars, sci-fi, fantasy sports, superheroes, chasing my kids and chasing my wife

Posted 18 August 2009 - 02:23 PM

View PostYoPaulie, on Aug 16 2009, 07:16 PM, said:

3 parks? LOL :)

oops

accuracy in typing was never a strong suit of mine
JAMBO EVERYONE!

Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic