Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Jillian's Cruise- Day 1 6/12/04

#1 User is offline   disneyprincess 

• Studios God
  • Group: Members

Posted 23 June 2004 - 08:44 AM

We arrived at the Cruise Terminal at noon. After a dropping off our luggage and a painless trip through the metal detectors it was time to turn in our cruise paperwork for our stateroom, room keys, ship map, and all that fun info. After a little bit of time in line we got to stand in a new line- the one that gets us on the ship! Once we got inside that the gang plank we took our Welcome Aboard photo. We walked around the ship, wow it’s big! Lunch was at Topsider, the buffet at the top of the ship, we got a window seat- great view. I had chilled orange and mango soup that was really good. We finished lunch just in time to be able to get into our stateroom. We were on the same level as the Buena Vista Theatre and the Oceaneer Lab/Club. We were pleased to see that the kids weren’t all over the place even though all of their “hang outs” were right there. After dropping our carryon in the room, we decided to do some serious looking around :D We saw all the restaurants, clubs, pools, the awesome view while in port, made our Palo reservations, and then ice cream. We returned to our room so we could go do the mandatory boat drill. That was fun- we got to sit around in Animators Palate in our life jackets, so it wasn’t nearly as bad as the people that had to do it outside in the heat. After that was the big Sail Away Celebration deck party. We didn’t go but could hear some of it from our room. We opted to stay in our stateroom for the sail off. It was neat to see all the people on the docks waving good bye to us. DCL CMs had the Mickey gloves as did one of the restaurants down from the terminal. After hanging out listening to the party and checking out our room we got ready for the Welcome Aboard Variety Show. The show was pretty neat- Disney Dancers, David DiMuzio and Michael Harrison performed. The dancers did a segment on the ship; they were dressed as all different kinds of crew and introduced all the head people. A quick search on Google pulled this about David- “The comedy and variety of David DiMuzio is the perfect blend of world championship juggling, unicycling, gymnastics and stand up comedy. Playing songs on three recorders while juggling them at the same time, balancing an electric guitar on his chin while juggling three microphones and singing “Old Time Rock n' Roll”, or flailing about the stage with machetes in hand on a six foot tall unicycle: It's controlled insanity at its finest!” It’s a pretty accurate description of his act. The recorders and Old Time Rock n’ Roll weren’t shown in this performance though. He pulled a guest out of the audience whom we later found out was going to be at our dinner table, and was also a CM, for the rest of the cruise. Michael did some stand up work, some magic and then his big thing. He picked a child from the audience, sitting behind us (it was fun to watch his family while he was up there) and turned him into his ventriloquism dummy. It was hilarious. After the show we went shopping- I started my soon to be daily trek into the merchandise shops where I got to know Jonathan (my favorite merchandise guy) very well! Time for dinner at Lumiére’s, where the menu of the night was French food. I tried the escargot, since if I didn’t like it I could get something else. It was great until I started thinking after the first one that it tasted very familiar and I’ve never had it before. Then it hit me- it tasted like sautéed mushrooms. Sure enough, Andreea confirmed that they did make theirs with mushrooms; unfortunately I’m severely allergic to mushrooms. Luckily there wasn’t enough there to make me sick. I had a delicious four cheese pasta for my entrée, it was so good. After dinner we decided to walk around the top deck because I hadn’t seen it at night before, it was so pretty but very windy! Off to bed since it’s a long day at sea tomorrow.

#2 User is offline   TrendyMagic 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Disney. Should there be anything else?

Posted 23 June 2004 - 09:53 AM

the boat drills are always fun. I was lucky with Royal Carib as well to be inside while other were melting outside. I love the fact you can try anything you want. Anytime I walked by food I tried it. Sometime I ate too much. Oh the fun of it.

#3 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 23 June 2004 - 01:13 PM

Sounds like a great start to your trip. Good to hear the mushrooms didn't make you sick...otherwise that'd have taught you to be bold and try new stuff :D

#4 User is offline   disneyprincess 

• Studios God

Posted 23 June 2004 - 03:22 PM

I'm also glad the mushrooms didn't make me sick, that probably would have taken out at least 2 days of my trip :D

#5 User is offline   rob_wilson 

• Resident Game Show Expert
  • Interests:Disney, Trivia

Posted 23 June 2004 - 08:42 PM

I'm taking notes so that I'll be better prepared for my cruise in October.

Rob

#6 User is offline   TrendyMagic 

• Studios God

Posted 23 June 2004 - 09:09 PM

rob_wilson said:

I'm taking notes so that I'll be better prepared for my cruise in October.

Rob

What is this.... You just got kicked off Survivor, Now what are you gonna do? "I'm going on a Disney Cruise!"

Still trying to fit one in my schedule.

#7 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 24 June 2004 - 11:58 AM

trendymagic said:

What is this.... You just got kicked off Survivor, Now what are you gonna do? "I'm going on a Disney Cruise!"

Still trying to fit one in my schedule.

That feeling you have is sort of like that feeling I had whenever you were like "I think I'll head down to WDW this weekend" :(

#8 User is offline   TrendyMagic 

• Studios God

Posted 24 June 2004 - 02:57 PM

That is exactly it Matt. And that Travel Channel special doesn't help either.

#9 User is offline   disneyprincess 

• Studios God

Posted 24 June 2004 - 03:47 PM

I have a DCL DVD and VHS if you need to borrow those too :(

#10 User is offline   TrendyMagic 

• Studios God

Posted 24 June 2004 - 09:38 PM

Oh I forgot about those. I only have VHS (last years) Dvd different? Gotta get one now.

#11 User is offline   disneyprincess 

• Studios God

Posted 27 June 2004 - 09:40 PM

DVD is 2004-2005 :D Lots more fun stuff on the DVD.

#12 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 27 June 2004 - 10:25 PM

disneyprincess said:

DVD is 2004-2005 :D Lots more fun stuff on the DVD.

Cmon Jason, the new video includes footage of the new life preservers...it's a must get :roll:

#13 User is offline   TrendyMagic 

• Studios God

Posted 27 June 2004 - 10:56 PM

QuickGold said:

disneyprincess said:

DVD is 2004-2005 :P Lots more fun stuff on the DVD.

Cmon Jason, the new video includes footage of the new life preservers...it's a must get :roll:

Exactly! they will be worth a fortune on eBay in a few years. :D

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users